It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:39 pm 

Yay, intermission! Time for some snacks.

*gets up and leaves for a moment, returns with a large popcorn and coke*

:) Can't wait for more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:45 pm 

Okay..intermission is over.

Insert into my Journal
Current Day, March 3rd 2013

As I said I am going to outline the workings of the Jalak room, but to avoid any further confusion I am no longer calling it that. Although it looks like Jalak it's similarities stop there. When I was there it did not seem important to think of a name for this room, but now I think it would benefit you, who are reading this journal to have the mild confusion eliminated. As all great explorers I have decided to name the room after myself, so it is called Angel's Gateway. I will refer to it as A.G. or the Gateway from here on in as I transcribe the rest of my journal.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 pm 

2/12/10

I spent the end of yesterday and the whole of today hiking the most beautiful mountain trails I have ever seen. It was fairly cool last night but I had found an awesome mountain hut and used the heater I brought along to warm things up a bit. This hut is quite basic, but wholly made of log. All the furniture is log construction and everything is carved ornately.
The heat source is beyond me, maybe today I can figure it out. I have seen nothing to be alarmed over. I am going to explore more, for the trails are well groomed. Someone has been here...and not too long ago. I am even more certain now that my presence has caused them to go into hiding, with the fact that I caused so much grief already..I do not blame them. Today on the trails I found a ski lift mechanism, but I could not find the power source. I also have not found the Gateway book for this age. As tranquil as this age seems to be, I wonder if there even is one. There seems to be no need for quick transport as in the wild west age, or the need to transport other things as in the garden ages. Time will tell. The hut was stocked with food...another indication that people had been here recently. With it having been fall approaching in the farm age I am wondering if this is where some would have come, as a possible vacation spot....for the ski lifts must lead somewhere. I am going to try to find the power for them tomorrow morning and if I do not I will begin a climb. The slopes are gentle, and I am in okay shape.
This hut has a nice comfy sleeping area. I will sleep. This mountain air has me very tired.
This area looks much like my favorite spot..the mountains of E'rcanna.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:35 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:36 pm 

3/12/10

What a day!!!! Why the power controls are at the top of the ski lift is beyond me! Unless there is a link to this spot, whoever normally controls this place must be in great shape. I am so dead tired. I followed the lift up the mountain from the edge of the tree line. There were times when I had to use the trees as climbing rods the slope was so steep..but I made it. The work was totally worth it.
As I came to the crest I am sure I heard the sound of linking!!! The area had fresh tracks. Oh how I wish I would not have scared them off. I am sure if I had not of blundered with the letting loose of the animal I would have been able to make contact. Now these people see me as a threat. I will have to make my observations and leave. I am going to leave them a note in my sketchy d'ni and hope they understand. Since some of the literature I found has been in English as well as d'ni I am hopeful.
The ski lodge was amazing. I can not even begin to describe it. I am taking very few pictures on my KI as I do not know how many I will be able to store. I can not transfer any, but I can do more since some features are not working.
The controls to run the lift are very basic, and I figured them out immediately. The linking sound I heard was to the A.G. The book is right in the lobby of the lodge. I am wondering that if my KI was working properly if there would not be a link added when I use the book. It would make sense. To all of the ages. The link directly to the book area would be helpful. I still need to find the book in the bee hive area. If I can just get the door to open.
I have found little to do here at the moment. I am not up to skiing, and this is obviously a holiday destination. I will leave my note and link out. I have to see if I can contain the animal and see if I can get the bee hive area open. For tonight I will head to my new home in the orchard house.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 am 

4/12/10

It felt like coming home when I came back to the orchard. I am going to have a hard time leaving this place when all is said and done. Guardian was glad to see me. She certainly would not have liked the cold.
I had a few thoughts about the bee problem last night and I am going to try them out today. The weather is a lot cooler. I hope the bees are still around. I am wearing the brightest clothes I can find, and mapping the trails through the orchard to the hive door. It seems I have little time to make the trek from bees to hive, so I am trying to find the best direction to take. I will update tonight....if Guardian will let me write..I think she missed me., she will not unwrap from my arm!
A productive day! I will tell you how to get the beehive door open later. Maybe if you ask me in the city I will tell you. For now, I would rather keep some mystery. It is rather the same as our friends the fireflies though, a few similarities.
As I thought, the AG book was there.( unwrapping Guardian from my arm again, she missed me) The bee hives were busy with activity, but I could tell the season was wrapping up and they were getting ready to hibernate. I fixed the hive door open, so I could get in here without messing with the bees.
I decided to get to the task of finding out where the animal was. I urged Guardian to stay put in the orchard, and linked through the AG book, and then headed into the farm age again. I had prepared my weapons, just in case. I headed directly to the barn and stayed close to the AG book in this age. All of the doors were closed. If the animal was in this age it would not take long to find out. The weather was quite cold. I had to get the animal problem settled if I was going to be able to salvage some of the crops.
I waited for 6 hours. Nothing. Not a sound, besides the wind. I decided it was safe to head to the house and get a few things. I plan to go back there and get on with the task of harvesting as much as I can.
For tonight I can rest. I am fairly certain the animal is in its wild west age. I had set the traps, maybe in a few days I will go back and re-set them, and maybe I caught it. That would be a measure of justice, and I would be very relieved.
This orchard age is home...was home to them as well. I hope I can set some things right.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm 

15/12/10

I am extremely saddened. I have no words to describe the past 4 days. Guardian and I got to the tree hut safely...just. The animal was circling the area below me just 5 mins after I arrived. I was glad that the linking book to AG was placed in this hut, but I decided to try to eliminate the threat. The animal circled for two whole days and nights!
The traps had all been sprung, and it would seem that the animal has learned how to avoid them. I set a new trap. One I have know about since I was a child...a very simple snare.

If you are of tender constitution you may not want to read this.

I had found a small animal, somewhat similar to Guardian. It was hurt, and not knowing anything about the physiology of these animals, I could do nothing. This may sound cruel, but it was necessary. I tied the little animal as bait in the center of my snare. It worked...but with an unexpected cost. Guardian was sensitive to the cries of the little creature. She ran out the door this morning right under my feet. The little creature was making horrible cries. Just as Guardian got to it, the animal did as well. It had Guardian and the little creature together in its powerful jaws. It also triggered the snare. In a flash the snare tightened, and the animal was drawn up to the tree tops.....loosening its death-grip. The little creature was dead, a fatal puncture by a powerful tooth to the neck. Guardian was hurt, but not terribly. As I was picking her up to take her to the fort to tend to her wounds, I felt several pair of eyes on me. I looked around and there were a dozen or more of Guardians kind. Guardian was almost purring, and they came close and nudged her out of my arms. Guardian licked my hand, curled her tail around my neck,and chirped, almost an audible, 'goodbye'. I let her down. I watched as her family licked her wounds, and led her off through the trees.
I cried all the way back to the fort....but I have the satisfaction that this age is now safe..and the other ages are safe as well from the threat of that horrible animal. I was going to take the animals skin, as these people did, and make a rug, but my tanning skills are not very good....besides, by the time I regained my composure and went back to the site...the animal was gone...visibly torn apart by some scavenger of the age. I will head back to the orchard tomorrow. Not sure how much longer I am going to stay. I feel I still have some damage to repair, but I am going to miss Guardian.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:40 pm 

25/12/10

Merry Christmas. This was by far the loneliest Christmas I have ever had. I have spent the past 10 days going back and forth from farm to my orchard home transporting vegetables and doing canning. I found some crafting supplies in a small storage room in the recesses of the basement of the house here in the orchard. I cut down a tree and decorated for Christmas. As a gift to myself I went to the wild west to see Guardian. She must have heard the door opening, for I had not even made it to the fort when she came scampering out of the trees and scurried right up my leg. That age is still warm, and I am contemplating moving over there for the winter. It is easy to transport things back and forth, and I have enough canned goods to last me easily 6 months. The age could use some exploring anyway. I am sure there are things to be discovered now that the threat is eliminated. As long as I have something to keep me occupied, I will stay in these ages. I do miss all of my friends back in Ag'uera.....but the prospect of leaving here when there is still so much I do not know is not agreeable.
I have decided to give the ages names. I feel much like the children of Israel, as they explored the promise land, so I have chosen names from Israel's history. Each compass area had a head, East was Nashon, South was Elizur, West was Elishama and North was Ahiezer. So my new home will be Elishama, and to have fun and make it look D'ni-ish I will write it Eli'shama which would roughly mean, The El' of Shama.
I have gotten this area in some semblance of order. Gordon is still wrapped snugly in his cocoon, and the orchard is in good repair. I am going to leave a note for those who may come here and let them know that I am moved over to the age that held so much threat for them. I told them about my encounter with the animal, and how I eliminated the threat. I have no idea how long the age has winter, but moving to warmer confines is a very pleasant thought. I am sure Guardian will be happy for my company. I sure will be happy for hers.
I will still keep the doors closed, as I am not sure how each age will affect the others in other ways. There may be animals that would do other kinds of damage to each age. Even bringing Guardian to this age could have been a risk, who knows what she could have introduced to the age unknown to me. I just pray that nothing has happened...I have done enough....I need to be so much more careful.[/url]

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm 

31/01/11

I am well settled in Eli'shama (The West age)
I have been able to map the area out quite well, and I have found some things about this age that add to its beauty. I am hoping that getting rid of the threat has made this age a welcome spot for the regular inhabitants of these ages.
The age is about 24 miles wide and 32 miles long. The thick trees were a puzzlement. On closer examination I found that there really is only one main kind of tree in the age. It ,of itself, is huge. They make up the massive wall of bush that I can not get through easily, and they stand alone, but still look to be many trees. Each seemingly little bush is a branch that hangs down from the top of one tree. They stand 25-30 feet high. The top is spiked, but can not tell if the spikes are sharp or just an illusion. They are beautiful, and I can not draw a good enough picture with the tools I have found here in the fort. I have drawn a map of sorts and a picture of one of the trees. I am no artist, and I certainly do not do its beauty justice.
I explored the length of the river, that I could access. On either end it meets with impenetrable bush. It seems to run the whole width of the age, and is only about 3-5 feet deep, but sparkling clear and beautifully refreshing. A few little fish scurried about my feet while I walked through it. It is about 300 yards across, quite the strange river. Its banks are rocky, and except for the entrance point, it is difficult to get out of once you are in...I was quite water logged after my few walks. The SW direction was the longest, and I walked for about 5 miles..found a place to get out and camp for the night.
In the night Guardian came to visit. She scurried off in the morning, and I could hear the noises of her family through the trees but I could not get through. I judged the area and a few days later i made an excursion through to a beautiful opening. The trees were sparser, and I made a rest area, with a couple benches and a bit of a lean-to. It was well worth the work. Guardian and her family would come to this spot to visit me.
I have found some herbs, and fruit that grow on small vine-like plants that intertwine everything. They seem to be Guardians main food. I have also seen several other animals, and will have to take some time to document them. None are friendly, all very shy and I have caught only small glimpses of them through the bush.
I hope to leave this area in good shape. In about a month I will go back to the orchard and see if spring has arrived. With the seemingly short seasons, I want to be sure things are going well over there.
Through this next month though I am going to explore the North age a bit more. Even though I am loving the warmth, I am a Northern gal, and hate to admit this, but I miss the snow. I have a feeling about that age. I know I am missing something. Entering that age through the door just does not seem right. I feel there must be another way in.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 pm 

14/02/11

Happy Valentines Day!!! Oh my dear friends back in the dark sunless Cavern of A'gurea...how you would love these sun-drenched slopes. Even those of you who do not like the cold would marvel at the beauty of this age. How I hope to get things to right here so the dear inhabitants of this age can return..in peace.
I have spent the past two weeks going back and forth from my home in Eli'shama, to these beautiful slopes of Ahi'ezer. I am finding that I like to ski, but skiing alone is rather tiresome. I have searched the age some....and in every room in the ski lodge I found evidence of a hasty retreat. The case with every age, I really caused panic....but....
Now for the exciting news. In the lobby, on the floor I found a key, shuffled under a desk. I had several rooms that I could not access, as the doors were locked. I hoped that the key opened at least one of them.....and I was rewarded......it did........I found a book...a linking book.....the page shimmers with the lobby of this Ski-lodge. It is just as I suspected. The book was 1/2 under blankets on one of the beds, obviously left in someone's haste, the same someone who dropped the key. I am saddened that I caused such fear, but glad that I have this link. I am going to go through each of these four ages, and be sure everything is as right as I can set it, and then......I am going back to A'gurea....to my Relto...and see...hope that this book will link with me. I have searched all I can here, in these ages. I have tested the book, and it takes me to the lobby of the ski lodge, and it stays with me...so I am hopeful, that it will do the same when I link out of these ages.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:36 pm 

27/02/11

Okay, all seems to be set aright. Spring is arriving in the orchard, and Gordon has emerged from his cocoon...or at least I hope he has. I had wondered about the way he went into a cocoon, as a flier...I am used to caterpillars going to cocoon..but I see no sign of caterpillars, just different sizes of butterflies. They have a different life cycle, to be sure. The shell is empty, and the age is alive with all manner of moths, and butterflies. They did not seem to lead me like Gordon did....so I wonder if he was specifically a fall guide.
If I can come back in a month I am sure it would be budding with all sorts of new life. The trees, I had grafted seem to have survived. There are buds on all of them. Maybe I should take up horticulture when I get back home.
The farm also seems to be warming. The seasons are quite short...except for the north and west...they seem to be always the same season. I have seen the end of fall...winter..and the beginning of spring in the south and east ages, in the span of 3 1/2 months. I would guess the year to be about 10 months in total.
I feel I need to leave, and hopefully the inhabitants will come back and be able to get the growing going for the summer season. I have looked at the farming process, but I can not figure it out. The sowing and reaping is a bit of a puzzle.
I will spend the last day of my stay here visiting with Guardian and her family....she is going to be missed. I have affixed a small ear tag to Guardian, so I will know her when I return, and so the inhabitants will know her. I am hoping that my friendship with this wonderful creature will help assure the inhabitants of this age that I am friendly.

28/02/11

All is in order, and I have left stores of canned food for the inhabitants. I hope the book relto's with me. I am reltoing from the room where I found the book, so if it does not, it is where I found it. I left a note here with the door key.

Dear Friends:
I hope I can call you friends. I am truly sorry for any distress I have caused you. When you find this note, know two things.
1. I have done my best to set things aright.
2. If I can get back here, I hope to assure you of my friendship.
I found the linking book to the ski lodge that you left behind. If it will link with me to my home, I will borrow it. If it is here on the floor of your room...well it would not link. I am hoping it will link.
I found your world totally by accident, while trying to find an entrance to my own world. You see I am an explorer, and I was delighted to find another age, another world...very much like my own. I just wish that my presence had not caused so much destruction, grief, and fear. If I am able to keep your linking book, please be assured that I will come back, but I will come alone...until I can assure the leaders of your age that my people mean you no harm.
I made the west age, the age that held the terrible animal, that caused you so much fear, safe. I have eliminated the threat. I had made the tree fort my home for the last of my stay in your ages. I made friends with a cute animal in the age..I named her Guardian, for she was truly that to me. You will know her by the little ear tag I attached to her right ear. She had learned to come to her name. Maybe this will help you to see that I am friendly, that I was able to gain the trust of this wonderful creature.
I am leaving now. Good-bye, I hope to meet you someday.

Okay...I am going to relto out now. Will update when I get back to my relto. The linking book I found is tucked in my tunic. I hope it stays put!!!

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:38 pm 

01/03/11
Home sweet relto....but I am full of mixed emotions. I am however excited that the book came with me. I am going to tuck it safely away in my wardrobe and give the inhabitants 6 months to realize that I am gone and the ages are safe. I will transcribe this journal when I get time.
(well...it is now 03/05/13...and Transcriptions are complete)
Update: I never had the courage to go back....I just can not risk upsetting those people more than I already have. I have: however, been working on another attempt to retrace Ghens path back through the caves and up to the Cleft. When I get some time I will work on getting across the Lake....this time I will have more rations and my ski lodge book besides my relto book. If I get lost...well lets hope I don't.

I am moving the next pages to a separate thread, to keep stories distinct ty...:)

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:05 pm 

The Further Adventures of Angelmyst: Valley of Shells

moved to a separate thread

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:41 pm 

moved to a separate thread

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 am 

moved to a separate thread.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:24 pm 

Edited, moved to separate thread.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next