It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: A New Cycle Has Begun
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:00 pm 

Introduction:

As you might know by now, that's no secrecy... :lol: I'm creating this thread to publish my latest journey in the Cavern. This journey has been dreamt. Any of the events described in my text did not actually occur...or maybe they did... who knows :wink: ?

I wrote an original text in English as well as an original text in French. Both are different but contain the same key elements. I dislike having my texts translated as they become the work of art of someone else. I prefer writing in English directly even though it's not my native language.

Note that you are in the Creativity section of the forum so when you will find in my text something like (...) and a paragraph telling you I was told to censor this part...well... there's no conspiracy theory to start from that. 8)

So for the English text (word count: 1,459) keep following this thread as the text will soon appears...

For the French text (word count: 1,603), please follow this link: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=394489#394489

This text is linked with something coming up. It's an introduction. It will help you understand, or maybe puzzled you a little bit. My goal is to set the mood as well as plant a seed of "Let me see..." in your brains :lol: Oh thanks me later for that! :wink:

I will invite all of you, if you wish to attend, to an event during the curse of February. I will be the hostess as well as Christine for the musical stream and Mouski (I have yet to confirm with him).

The bots will be welcomed, I will set some restrictions though to their owners. I want you to enjoy it. There won't be many interactions so mainly the bots will play that role. My part is to set the realm in which you will be sent.

So enough talking... time to plunge into my story :D

Last edited by Annabelle on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:03 pm 

Story:

A new Cycle has begun…

There was a beginning...

As far as I remember, I fell for a long moment and when I landed, I was in front of a turning seed. I heard strange background music just like the one we can hear in the Great Shaft. That sound followed me during most of my journey. I remember having exited from that place going through walls. It looked like the walls had no effect on me. Strangely enough some did block me, some didn’t.

There was this asymmetrical symmetric area...

This whole area beyond the initial room was strange and amazing. The whole area reflected an almost perfect symmetry as long as you were standing far from its centre. The more close you could get to the centre of the area, the more asymmetric it would became. Relative to the centre, most of the farthest elements were duplicating themselves and there was only one set of the closest elements, except for marbles and an imager.

There was this thick fog everywhere...

The fog was very thick and I couldn’t see very far. I saw shapes of stalagmites everywhere around the area I was visiting. In fact this whole area seemed to be floating in the clouds. Cloud-like fog would be the most fitted way to describe it: white fog with a small touch of blue. I could have been on mountain top, it would have been realistic. I knew though I was in some strange part of the Cavern since I was dressed like an explorer and I saw usual elements from the Cavern here and there.

There were lights all over...

I saw lights on every angle: a bit below me, at my eyes level, a bit above my head, way up high, etc. They were round spots, lamps, and lanterns. They were illuminating the whole area. I visited 3 plazas and stood over 2 gardens. Both gardens were all illuminated as well. I couldn’t reach them though.

There was this odd invisible floor...

I wasn’t able to reach the before-said gardens and other elements too because of an odd floor preventing me from reaching places below it. Since there weren’t any visible boundaries between this whole area and the stalagmite range in the far horizon, I was able to see some grass bushes that seemed like floating in thin air. I decided to walk toward the first bush. I successfully managed to do so. I had realized by then that walking on thin air was possible. I decided to follow the brushes.

There were birds singing in the background...

Apart from 2 gigantic birds piercing the fog with their gigantic wings, I never saw any other species of birds even though I heard them clearly. I thought it was very odd since there were no tree to be seen anywhere; only grass bushes, stalagmite ranges, and this cloud-like fog everywhere.

There was a huge sphere in the distance...

As I was following the grass bushes, I saw, in between stalagmites, a huge sphere. It seemed to be empty. I went inside it only to find it empty. I found it to be a bit lugubrious so I stepped out and decided to follow a new path.

As the bushes faded away in the fog, there were danger signs making their appearance...

I found that funny when I first stumbled on a sign saying “Keep Out”. I thought to myself: “Keep Out...Keep out from what?” I saw the same scenery on one side of the sign as well as on the other side. The only difference was that lugubrious empty dark sphere. I turned to my right and to my left. I saw that those signs were all aligned and that they formed a circle-shaped layout. I walked toward the nearest sign, it was written on it “Danger”. I had no idea what could have been the “danger” at that time. I was puzzled so I decided to keep following those funny “danger”/”keep out” signs.

There was a whark skeleton in the far distance...

As I was walking down my “signs” path, I saw a skeleton. I approached it. It was a big skeleton, taller than me. I saw a bunch of coastal ribs and a huge claw. There were sharp teeth everywhere so I then realized it was a whark. It must have had a huge impact on my subconscious to make me dream of it.

There was a strange floating lake beside the skeleton...

As I pass through the skeleton, I saw beside my position a strange lake that seemed floating like everything else around. It was so peaceful with the stalagmite range circling it in the back that I’ve decided to take a welcomed break; I sat looking at the panorama.

There was a voice to be heard...

I was almost falling asleep (in my dream) when I stepped in fear after hearing a loud voice. The loud voice coming from God knows where told me that there would be a new cycle and that I had to plant the seed and nourish it. As the voice faded off, something in front of my eyes appeared in the middle of the lake. It looked like a ring, about half my size.

The nourishment began...

I walked toward the ring and touch it. As soon as I touched it, I saw something amazing. An amazing complex built itself before my eyes; the initial ring was only a part of it. Surely the whole thing was there, only hidden from my view all the time. As the complex grew, I backed up a little bit to be able to see the whole thing as it was very tall and huge as well as beautiful. I began to heard cracking noises coming from above. I backed up more quickly and look real high up. I saw this flow of light, just like a waterfall, coming down and entering inside the complex I revealed by touching the ring. The lake became bright. I brought the life to the lake. I did more than that actually.

The new cycle began...

As my attention was all drawn to this spectacle, I forgot what was behind me. I heard a big noise, this time coming from behind. I turned myself slowly and... I saw the (...); it was there, standing in this area that I visited earlier. I never saw this whole place acting like that before in this cavern. I walked toward the (...). I was drawn by this inviting yellow layer of fog made by the now inviting sphere. It contrasted with the ambient white fog all over.

There were stars...

As I was walking toward the (...), I saw a wall of stars. It was odd since that wasn’t what I was seeing at first. At one point I stopped walking forward and I turned myself around, only to see stars everywhere behind me. I was so near; I swear I could have touched them if there were touchable. I tried to grab some but my hand just kept passing through. The stars were moving all around. It looked like waves in a water pond.

There was this magnificent musical score...

As I was approaching the (...), I began to hear a familiar, warming sound. I jumped into the void seeing 2 strings floating below. I didn’t fear jumping in the void as the surrounding sound was appeasing. I ended up on a floating bridge.

There was the (...)...

Sorry folks, I had to censor all this part as I was told to do so.

There was this final area...

As long as I remember, during almost all my journey, I saw these strange objects floating like everything else, except far down below near the base of a stalagmite. As I was walking to the other end of the floating bridge, I passed through the doorway only to find myself dropping far below and reached another floating invisible floor. On landing, I turned to my left and saw the objects I hadn’t been able to reach yet during my journey. I walked toward them, start playing with them, and enjoyed the scenery at that height.

Then I woke up...

The ending is a bit lost in my memory; all I remembered was the playtime with the bright objects all around me, that’s all. I stood up and reached my Relto. As I entered it, I heard the same voice, I had heard during my sleep. The voice told me: “Afraid, you shall not be Annabelle. The new cycle has already begun, and some explorers have already entered it by your precious guidance. You will show everyone what you experienced in your dream, you will then pursue from there.”

That's that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 pm 

Who told you to censor out the (...) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm 

dj_ wrote:
Who told you to censor out the (...) ?

Someone in high place... :wink: (re-read the introduction, there's a paragraph telling you what occured). If you want a "logical" explanation instead (given the fact you understand that fact already) then it could have been the voice I heard twice, once during my dream, once after when I returned to my Relto.

If you think of it, I might have wanted to hide some elements to bring a little bit of surprise to everyone who will attend my event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:33 pm 

I would be honored to be invited 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 am 

dj_ wrote:
I would be honored to be invited 8)

The invitation process is quite simple: you choose to be part of it, you come at the given schedule (TBD), that's all you need to do on your part.

I won't be able to please everyone I fear, not because someone will come and will dislike it, If they do, they can just leave. It might get very laggy and some explorers with old computers might find this experience a little bit difficult. I'm working on a B-plan (the whole New Cycle thing actually) so you can always have the chance to visit it at any given time or at any scheduled time on your on afterward.

Depending on the way it goes, I might be willing to host it a 2nd time at a different time with or without Christine deejaying.

Post subject: Last Update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 pm 

I have now the dates and times for my events.

It will be held on Friday February 8th from 6pm to 8pm KI time (8pm to 10pm EST with possible extension

It will be held on Sunday February 10th from 12pm to 2pm KI time (8pm to 10pm Western European Time with possible extension)

North Americans should be able to easily attend the first one (the 2nd one as well)

Europeans should be able to easily attend the second one

Last edited by Annabelle on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
... I will invite all of you, if you wish to attend, to an event during the curse of February.
I will be the hostess as well as Christine for the musical stream and Mouski (I have yet to confirm with him).

The bots will be welcomed, I will set some restrictions though to their owners. I want you to enjoy it. There
won't be many interactions so mainly the bots will play that role. My part is to set the realm in which you
will be sent ...

The new cycle has already begun, and some explorers have already entered it by your precious guidance.
You will show everyone what you experienced in your dream, you will then pursue from there

This (your detailed and elaborate dream delineation) sounds all absolutely intriguing and promising, and,
of course, quite fantastical and out of this world, Annabelle ... but that is just you ... :)

I'll gladly follow your guidance through this monumental, hyper-dimensional show in the realms of 'Annabelle's
Dreamworld' resp. what is called the 'New Cycle' ... I believe, my computer is still able to make it through such
an event ...

Yeah, I'd say this sounds like a wonderful contribution to this year's anniversaries of Uru, Myst and MOULa ... :D

-----------------------------------
I just see the dates and times posted by you, Annabelle ... I must say that I cannot promise to be there
in those early morning hours (my time) ... but it'll be a great event nonetheless ... let's see if I will make
it through the night, if not I'll be happy to look for some film or photo material ... Have lots of fun, everyone ...8)

Post subject: Re: Last Update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
For Europeans, I do understand it will be somehow a bit "late" or "early" depending on your point of view... If you want, I could always do a 3rd event after for you at a more suitable time.

that sounds good, Annabelle, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looking forward to it...thanks Annabelle :-)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 pm 

Make sure you wrote down on your calendars my new schedule, I updated it (see 3rd or 4th post above)

Post subject: *Where* are we meeting??
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Annabelle,

I've marked my calendar for the Friday event. One question though...

Exactly *where* are we meeting? One of the 'hoods? Somewhere in Ae'gura? Someone's Relto? One of the pubs?

:?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am 

I dunno myself :lol:

I've yet to talk with the "Event Planning Division" of my company on that matter... :wink:

In fact, there's an idea still bouncing in my head. I won't be able to tell you until maybe thursday night. It will be a robot. I will publish her name here on forum and her KI #. You will only have to type in the usual words: "meet" or "link".

Since the DJs are from the DMR's hood, I would suggest you to go there and begin the party.

Since the DMR's hood is a public age, I won't do my event there. I'm always doing my magical stuff in my own ages or other Grey Hats' ages with their prior assessment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:13 am 

I will do all I can to be there. Sounds intriguing...and I love intrigue.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 am 

EVENTS REPORTED to God-Knows-When...

You can see what I was expecting you to see if you click on this link:

http://s1343.beta.photobucket.com/user/Annabelle-Sophie/story/45861/embed

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]