It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:21 am 

Look at this ackward picture...

It's something that shouldn't be possible. I have "officially" Net6 out like everyone else on the server and still... I'm there all alone with ghosts.

It's about 15 minutes after the general crash. The yellow [Downloading] message is something quite new to me. It's there since I tried to take a picture in game. I had to open FRAPS instead to take this shot.

If you are online right now, I shouldn't be appearing as online.

Last edited by Annabelle on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:43 am 

There has been some progress since 30 minutes...

I really took the control of the server :wink: :lol:

Look at this new picture:

I'm the Puppetmaster :mrgreen:

Last edited by Annabelle on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:11 am 

The story continues...

koltch & TCB are clueless of what's going on... koltch decided to go near Magic Bot to ask him if he knew what's happening...

See picture:

(For those wondering...I'm still "online" when everyone else is kicked out of the server and I somewhat took the control of the situation...I'm a castaway :wink: )

Last edited by Annabelle on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:31 am 
Obduction Backer

You're often lost Anna but THIS time I don't think so. I have a feeling you Net 6'd but sometimes all or part of an Ages are loaded in your home computer's memory. You can run around and type as much as you want you just will not actually be interacting with anybody. The moment you link or leave to enter a sister Age you will return to your desktop.

Sometimes I've been in the City when the Net 6 happens and I get to run around most of the city waving at all the ghosts. But the moment I run down the Library stairs I'll crash out.

Some folks at the end of GameTap's MOUL exploited this "feature" to stay online up to a half hour after the game officially shut down. They weren't actually on the server just playing within the ghosts of their computer's RAM.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:38 am 

I have also noticed that if you get the Net 6 you can hit the Esc Key and continue walking around the cavern, etc. with other avvies as ghosts. You can't click on anything, but you can walk around for quite awhile.
Try it sometime. It is funny that you can walk right up to avvies, and they don't even know you are there.
No magic, just a glitch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:52 am 

The Ending has not yet been written :lol: :mrgreen:

Being really afraid all alone, TCB decided to join Magic Bot and koltch. Magic Bot, unfortunately, has not been programmed to face this kind of weird issue. He is clueless. TCB was mostly afraid of the Urwin...

Here's a picture of the beast. I searched thoroughly inside the Encyclopedia D'nitannica to find the reference for the Urwin. The encyclopedia says its scientific name is "Grossus Hispidus Dindonus".

In French, it would mean: "Le gros dindon hideux"
In English, it would mean: "The huge & hideous turkey"

I then proposed to hide ourselves inside the pod where moose2 is already... ( I know what you'll think ...I'm writing the story so I kept the good role :wink: )

Would there be a follow up? No one knows. Maybe my powers faded away already. I'll try to bring the conclusion. The trick I'm using is not an easy one...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:26 am 

The happy ending :mrgreen:

We finally reached the safety of the pod, away from Urwin's sight :D

Magic Bot didn't want to follow us. He said he wasn't afraid of living creatures since he was made of bolts and wires. (I was really thankful of him since moving koltch & TCB wasn't really an easy task let me tell you...a male avvie is really heavy :wink: )

That's the end. I hope you enjoyed this "out of my imagination" story. If your children cannot sleep at night, tell them this sweet lullaby they will sleep tight.

Have a nice evening & a good week-end :)

Post subject: Re: Kicked out 7/4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:43 pm 

Question:

How did I achieve my story?

Throughout the evening I moved avatars in the scenery. This is a puzzle. How did I achieve such exploit?

You know the server was down at that time, Henry told that I had everything locally stored on my computer. I couldn't have any effect on the avatars what-so-ever...

Look closely at the 7 pictures & accompanying texts, you should have the answer, it's all there.

Last edited by Annabelle on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh surely we must name them with D'ni names. Crash Achenar, Crash Bahro,.... Crash Zandi.

Good work Annabelle! Moral of the story, if you're going to be stranded by a Net 6 have a bot along.

(After a few minutes stuck in link in, looking for names with a "C")
Oh my gosh, am IN? I AM! so are others!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Annabelle wrote:
MY TOPIC REALLY HAS TO BE SPLITTED AGAIN!!!! THANKS :roll: :roll: :roll:

You've probably already done this, but I'll say it anyway... hit the Report Post button and ask the moderator nicely if s/he will please restore your thread - and now add the additional ones, too.

I presume it was in the Creativity section?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:25 pm 

From ventris,

Ventris wrote:
Good work Annabelle! Moral of the story, if you're going to be stranded by a Net 6 have a bot along.

... have a bot along : And how could I control him? His computer is somewhere in Belgium and if you re-read HenryMikel's phrase:
Quote:
I have a feeling you Net 6'd but sometimes all or part of an Ages are loaded in your home computer's memory

There's also another piece of important info brought by Nicoleleigh:

Quote:
Try it sometime. It is funny that you can walk right up to avvies, and they don't even know you are there

You have to find another solution :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:49 pm 

The thread is now completely back :D

Re-read the 11 previous posts to fully "understand" my puzzle and answer my question :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:28 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
Question:

How did I achieve my story?

Throughout the evening I moved avatars in the scenery. This is a puzzle. How did I achieve such exploit?

I think I know.. spoilers below, for people who still want to guess:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
I think I know. You didn't move the avatars, you 'moved' the scenery. Sometimes in the Funhouse, backgrounds, objects and scenery will change or become invisible, depending on where you are standing. You could turn or walk just a couple steps back and forth, and the scenery will completely change-- then you could take pictures at different angles and it would look like the avatars moved, when actually everything BUT the avatars moved.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 pm 

@Harvey: The displacement of the avvies is way too big for such a technique. Also their constellation changed sometimes.

Theory: the physics got messed up and avvies were solid and movable? Unlikely and mostly random, I know. Note that the avvies always maintained the direction they were facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:57 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
@Harvey: The displacement of the avvies is way too big for such a technique. Also their constellation changed sometimes.

Harvey was wrong in thinking I moved the whole scenery. I had the freedom of movement, he got that right.

dgelessus wrote:
Theory: the physics got messed up and avvies were solid and movable? Unlikely and mostly random, I know.

The avvies were void for me. I could go through them.

dgelessus wrote:
Note that the avvies always maintained the direction they were facing..

Very important observation. TCB and koltch always kept, through all the story, their relative position, they always faced the same direction.

-----

Added Info:
Oh and BTW... I didn't use any program outside MOULa other than FRAPS to take shots. The shots are posted as is.

And, as always, with Annabelle, I was on the Skydivers' build, no special command was available.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next