It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Speculation: the Auth Server crashed, but the Game Server was probably still online; therefore, it's possible the avatars could still move around even after they should have been kicked out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:40 pm 

Lyrositor wrote:
Speculation: the Auth Server crashed, but the Game Server was probably still online; therefore, it's possible the avatars could still move around even after they should have been kicked out.

That could be a possibility except how could, like dgelessus stated already, the avatars always keep their relative position throughout all the night?

I stopped shoting the KI's time just to make the pictures more enjoyable to watch. I played for a long time. The time is a clue also. I always posted my new posts 2 to 3 minutes after I took the shots. I had to upload them on the web then posted them on this forum. The story unfolded on a real-time basis.

For those not knowing me a lot...I always put more info than necessary just to loose people. You have to filter first what's not important. You have to find the right balance also. I might put a word, a single word that can change the whole portait also...Who knows :lol:?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:13 pm 

This time around, we also crashed (Net 6 out), we were in the same ideal situation: koltch, TCB, and I stranded in a specific age. I decided to just quit (close my game) this time. I would have been able to do just the same as I did last night.

Being in a magic age is not what's important. I was very happy that we didn't meet today in Kemo though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:30 pm 

Note that:
  • the chat got cleared on the Urwin and pod point picture.
  • the age players list never updates, no matter where the avvies are.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 am 

dgelessus wrote:
Note that:
  • the chat got cleared on the Urwin and pod point picture.
  • the age players list never updates, no matter where the avvies are.

Right this is because I decided to type "/clearchat" from the point I took the Urwin shot. I wanted to clear some info that weren't important at that time.

The age players list never updates that's right because everything is in a frozen state.

With that being said, how come in a frozen state I was able to achieve my storyline with avatars that obviously took part in a theatrical act...?

I'll let you think until Sunday noon (Eastern Summer Time) before giving you a 1st clue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:18 am 
Obduction Backer

I’m guessing that you
[Reveal] Spoiler:
used a kickable, probably Dusty the soccer ball, to shove the avatars around.

Nice trick! :lol:

(To add to others’ explanations, it happens regularly to me that when I’m disconnected from the server, I don’t get a Net 6 dialog box, but don’t even notice the disconnect until I start wondering whether people have really gotten that quiet.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
(To add to others’ explanations, it happens regularly to me that when I’m disconnected from the server, I don’t get a Net 6 dialog box, but don’t even notice the disconnect until I start wondering whether people have really gotten that quiet.)
Me too ... I talk to the people until I suddenly realize that nobody's saying anything anymore, I wait for a while as I know from times back then that we were talking through Teamspeak and similar means etc. and nowadays people are even more connected through other means and preferring them before text chat, so it could take a while that peeps see what you're sayin' and answer lol, and then I ask, like you, Annabelle as in the above pictures, if anyone would still be there for a few times ... I can even move about and dance, and after some time I just Alt+F4 out to try to log in again ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:05 am 

Christian Walther wrote:
I’m guessing that you
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Yeah, that might actually be possible. I feel so dumb. :roll:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Dusty might have been there already, because there is a bot command to get him. Otherwise it would have taken forever to find and get him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:01 am 

Christian Walther wrote:
I’m guessing that you
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Is there an "angry at answer" button somewhere? :lol: :wink:

Yes Christian got that right! :D

Like I said in an answer (see one of the previous posts)

me wrote:
The avvies were void for me. I could go through them.

Therefore, I had to have something to interfere with avatars to shove them

--------------

I also stated this in a previous post:

me wrote:
This time around, we also crashed (Net 6 out), we were in the same ideal situation: koltch, TCB, and I stranded in a specific age. I decided to just quit (close my game) this time. I would have been able to do just the same as I did last night.

Being in a magic age is not what's important. I was very happy that we didn't meet today in Kemo though.

koltch, TCB, and I were inside D'ni-Kirel at the time. I did exit as soon as I saw that no one were answering. One of the guys didn't and I received a funny picture in my email account. Let met tell you, it wasn't the reality when I left. :lol:

In fact any age with kickables around is a good candidate for this trick. With that being said, it's easier to shove around explorers if we are using Dusty or Eddy than trying with cones.

--------------

The time was important here since I had to first get acclimated with avatar shoving. koltch was easier to move because I had to move him from behind (a wider surface). TCB had to be pushed by the left leg. I had to count 15 minutes for koltch to move him 50 meters and 25 minutes for TCB.

So now you understand why...

me wrote:
Magic Bot didn't want to follow us. He said he wasn't afraid of living creatures since he was made of bolts and wires. (I was really thankful of him since moving koltch & TCB wasn't really an easy task let me tell you...a male avvie is really heavy :wink: )

--------------

and my specific word that should have hint you was "castaway".

I was referring to being a castaway like in the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks. He had a volley ball that he named Wilson. The referral was me stranded alone in a land with only "one living creature", one object that I could interact with, Dusty :D

--------------

The whole idea came to me because during that evening I was trying to stand on top of Dusty and guys were always kicking the ball under me to make me fall (see how much I'm tortured in game... :wink: ) I saw the effect of the ball on avatars.

I would say this...now fear what can happening if you Net6 out in an age with kickables for now on :lol:

I hope you enjoyed this funny way of learning a trick.

I had a great evening even if I was alone on my local computer for approximately 4 hours, I smiled during the whole time. I had some issues like pushing TCB through a root of Negilahn tree and having hard time getting him out of there afterward.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
I hope you enjoyed this funny way of learning a trick.

I had a great evening even if I was alone on my local computer for approximately 4 hours, I smiled during the whole time. I had some issues like pushing TCB through a root of Negilahn tree and having hard time getting him out of there afterward.

It was definitely astounding and enjoyable, Annabelle, and thanks for sharing this in the traditional interesting, funny and extensive Annabelle-style ... :mrgreen:

As of the many hints you've given us I have to say that as an average explorer like me you have to get the idea that something like this could be at all possible in the first place ... I do not wonder though that someone knowledgeable and experienced like Christian and you would just know or at least suspect sth like this to be possible while permanently endeavoring to tap the full potential of it all ... :D

Last edited by janaba1 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 am 

/me once again feels totally dumb...

Annabelle, was it actually impossible to move Magic Bot? I remember that I once tried pushing Lyrobot with fire marbles and it didn't work. So I don't know if that has something to do with the way the bots work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:06 pm 

dgelessus wrote:

Annabelle, was it actually impossible to move Magic Bot? I remember that I once tried pushing Lyrobot with fire marbles and it didn't work. So I don't know if that has something to do with the way the bots work.

I once tried pushing Lyrobot with fire marbles ----> If you had tried with Eddy you would have win over the bot :lol:

The bots are not special avatars. I mean... yes in some way... except they are like any other avatars and they behave accordingly to the same physics laws as you and I (our avatars in game).

I did move Magic Bot a little bit to be quite franck except like I said moving koltch and (especially) TCB was already a hard task. I decided to stick to my storyline :wink: , the bot wasn't afraid of the Urwin.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:05 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
dgelessus wrote:

I once tried pushing Lyrobot with fire marbles ----> If you had tried with Eddy you would have win over the bot :lol:

The bots are not special avatars. I mean... yes in some way... except they are like any other avatars and they behave accordingly to the same physics laws as you and I (our avatars in game).

I did move Magic Bot a little bit to be quite franck except like I said moving koltch and (especially) TCB was already a hard task. I decided to stick to my storyline :wink: , the bot wasn't afraid of the Urwin.

I did push someone with firemarbles at some point though, so I thought that the bots could somehow prevent being pushed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:08 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
I did push someone with firemarbles at some point though, so I thought that the bots could somehow prevent being pushed.

Maybe Lyrositor input a special code in his bot preventing such action or you just didn't get lucky that time around. Nevertheless, it will always be easier to shove avatars with the help of a bigger object than a marble :)

My bots are normal like my other avatars...just a little bit more despicable sometimes :wink: (when they don't obey mostly)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Message from Lyrobot:
Lyrobot wrote:
Humans, you continue to astound me with your uncanny ability to continuously reach new depths of ignorance. To think that a ridiculously pathetic fire marble could displace the great Lyrobot is to think a pebble could displace a mountain.

Admittedly, there is nothing that technically prevents me from being shifted aside, but that is besides the point; what matters is that your feeble minds understand my clear and uncontested superiority. Once (or rather, if) this is achieved, my everlasting torrent of servitude may one day become somewhat bearable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2