It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:56 pm 

I actually watched a good part of this cross-eyed (on an iPad mini, so it was easier) and it is pretty awesome, especially in the bright spots. I also like that you can turn your head to change the direction you're looking to a certain degree. The pages and the cursor look a bit out of place though, dunno if that's different with the Rift.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 am 
Obduction Backer

On the rift, the pages are so close to my eyeballs I can practically taste them. I'm trying to push them back to a readable distance whilst maintaining the same coordinates for the hotspots.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 am 

This is awesome news. For almost a decade, we've waited and hoped for more immersive 3D-VR. Now that it's actually happening, I am too excited for words -- and have about 1,000 questions!! What a happy predicament! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:09 pm 

Well done, keep up the good work.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 am 

Please excuse the zombie thread but I was kinda wondering if any one knows of some plug-ins for max that I can use to convert M.C. Ecshers Relativity to the format Oculus Rift uses
I still have the original source file in both AutoCad and 3D Studio Max
Not knowing much about Oculus Rift short of trying it once I think it would be rather interesting to explore something like Relativity in something like that

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:45 am 

I'd recommend exporting the 3D models to another game engine with existing support for the Rift (I think Unity and Unreal both have such plugin). Sadly I don't think we should expect VR in Uru anytime soon.

Personally I was crazy enough to build my own (crude) VR headset using my phone as a screen, and Unity's Google Cardboard plugin to handle stereoscopic rendering. It does take some time calibrating and rewriting some parts of the plugin, though.
But hey, VR is worth it, especially when you don't have 800€ to spend in some fancy headset ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:30 am 

Holy sheep dip that's almost 900 buck :shock:
I think I'll wait till it go's down in price a bit
Unfortunately I wouldn't know what to do with a cell phone if I had one

However its definitely something I'll havta look into later

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:48 am 

Hmmm, well not exactly. The HTC Vive is actually 900€, the Oculus 600€ - but the Vive includes special controllers.

But heh, that's just the price of the headset. There is a 90% chance you need to upgrade your PC anyway, because these devices are VERY performance-hungry.

(I don't know how many they sell with these crazy prices - sure, it's cheap for what it is, but still...)

Yeah, a DIY headset is much cheaper, but on the other hand I can tell from experience it's crazy hard to make it work with existing VR games - and it's definitely sub-par quality. But it's still fun to do, IF you're into that sort of thing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2