It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

There's been an update of the Age list, with more new names!

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

KathAveara wrote:
There's been an update of the Age list, with more new names!

Heh, if someone can answer this trivia question, I'll update the list again with one of the "Unnamed"'s being, well named.

"On what day did the DRC open up their website to the general public?"

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wild guess here, but 1st Feb, 2002.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:10 pm 

Or January 2nd, 2002. MDY date format is just confusing. Especially when separated with periods, that's how you write DMY dates.

Anyway, first blog post on the site was on "2.1.02", interpret that whatever way you want.

PS:
Nope.
The DRC wrote:
[ 2002(April) DRC celebrates D'ni New Year by opening its website to the public]

Anyone know when D'ni New Year was in 2002? :/

PPS:
The DRC wrote:
The DRC is happy to celebrate the beginning of the D'ni year 9658 by making our website available to the general public for the first time.

(by the way, 4.21.02 = 2002-04-21 or April 21, 2002)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:30 pm 

According to my notes (left behind in the Archive by Leo and White), Leefo 1st is the first day in D'ni Calendar, usually translating to April 21st or 22nd each year.

(I *think* the GoMe website uses the 21st.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

dgelessus wrote:
Or January 2nd, 2002. MDY date format is just confusing. Especially when separated with periods, that's how you write DMY dates.

Anyway, first blog post on the site was on "2.1.02", interpret that whatever way you want.

PS:
Nope.
The DRC wrote:
[ 2002(April) DRC celebrates D'ni New Year by opening its website to the public]

Anyone know when D'ni New Year was in 2002? :/

PPS:
The DRC wrote:
The DRC is happy to celebrate the beginning of the D'ni year 9658 by making our website available to the general public for the first time.

(by the way, 4.21.02 = 2002-04-21 or April 21, 2002)

Awesome job dgelessus!

We've updated the project list to include the now named age of Kahlo!

The massed modeling of Kahlo began in 2010, production slowed down when reliable information of the age was nil to come by. Those early massed models were then reconstituted for a new age, Mamert, and production again started with the official announcement of DIRT. :-D

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:56 pm 

so I take it from that you managed to get hold of Kahlo assets? Either way very cool. This really has sparked my enthusiasm for Uru again. I so cannot wait for this to be open. I am more looking forward to the story line aspect. Will we have ResEng's of a sort. I wonder if the GoG would get back in and do there awesome work. I can hope. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Szark wrote:
so I take it from that you managed to get hold of Kahlo assets? Either way very cool. This really has sparked my enthusiasm for Uru again. I so cannot wait for this to be open. I am more looking forward to the story line aspect. Will we have ResEng's of a sort. I wonder if the GoG would get back in and do there awesome work. I can hope. :)

Nah, while the assets for these ages would be helpful, it's entirely possible to just remake stuff on your own when needed. Starry Expanse recreated Riven, dendwaler recreated the Venalem harvester and sub. For instance:

This is the bridge area in Descent that is just after the last node in Myst V.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

And this was the massed modeling render I did in max while I was rebuilding it:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Nice! I can't wait to make the journey down!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:36 am 

ChloeRhodes wrote:

Nah, while the assets for these ages would be helpful, it's entirely possible to just remake stuff on your own when needed. Starry Expanse recreated Riven, dendwaler recreated the Venalem harvester and sub. For instance:

Yes I realise it possible to make stuff...I now how to use Blender, Daz Studio, Bryce, Carrara, Vue and Poser. ;) I just thought you would have needed the assets for an age we have never had access to hence the question.

Nice work in that pic...yep definitely got me Uru juices flowing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Well I guess this is what I deserve for going away for the better part of four years. I quite literally didn't see this coming. Interest piqued!

p.s. I realize it's kind of late but seeing an image of 0013 again brought back so many memories, I'm really glad to see it's not going to waste after all.
Chloe were you a member of SR too, it's been so long I can't for the life of me remember?

p.p.s. I guess this is also my way of saying that I'm back... for now.

so you think I'd understand.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Jevasi wrote:
Well I guess this is what I deserve for going away for the better part of four years. I quite literally didn't see this coming. Interest piqued!

p.s. I realize it's kind of late but seeing an image of 0013 again brought back so many memories, I'm really glad to see it's not going to waste after all.
Chloe were you a member of SR too, it's been so long I can't for the life of me remember?

p.p.s. I guess this is also my way of saying that I'm back... for now.

Welcome back Jevasi.

Aye, I was a member of SR as well. I was the modeler responsible for 0013. Calam came up with the concepts in SketchUp. Which I then imported into Blender. Then I took those concepts, cleaned up their models so that they had less vertexes and faces, as well as reworked the layout so that it was a cleaner, linear movement area for it. I added additional D'ni buildings to fill it out etc. It was one of the coolest areas I'd ever worked on in terms of look and feel. So when I was working on this project I reached out to Calam and Whilyam about using the explorable area of 0013 and making it into the industrial area in Descent :D/

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 am 

Is Todelmer on that list as well, I didn't see it. I know it was close in Uru and reworked for Myst V.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

J'ffrey wrote:
Is Todelmer on that list as well, I didn't see it. I know it was close in Uru and reworked for Myst V.

I didn't put Todelmer on the list yet because its remake hasn't started yet. Going to try and make it closer to those early Uru screenshots of it, which means it needs a lot more work than Lakiahn or Direbo did to get it to match up to the original concepts.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:31 pm 

Awesome. I was kind of hoping that would be the case. The green sky is really cool. I really wished it had been released that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next