It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Szark, I have no idea what I said above that would suggest anyone was forcing anyone else to do anything, or that people should not state their opinions, or that criticized your posts in any way?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I think Marten and Emor are just suggesting that people manage their expectations; to keep an open mind and not get their heart set on things being done in a particular way, so that they won't be disappointed if things go in a different direction than they'd hoped.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for the clarifications, J'ffrey and Emor!

I definitely misunderstood what J'ffrey was saying, and further, I wasn't aware of the distinction between the DIRT project and the Intangibles due to the overlap in Chloe's involvement. It is good to have those misconceptions corrected!

Regarding Szark's points on the Myst V ages, which I now understand are part of DIRT (and are _separate_ from the Intangibles' work to finish incomplete ages)...

I do not want to make any wrong assumptions about what Chloe has in mind for them. Until I see or hear how Chloe is adapting them for Uru, it seems too early for me to preemptively express a lot of concern. I'm sure Chloe already knows it would feel weird to integrate the tablet into Uru, and that it would also feel weird to visit these ages as nothing but gardens to see with nothing to do. So I must withhold judgment on what the story and puzzles will be like in that integrated content until it is done.

And of course, one of the great things we should not forget is that Chloe is free to build her vision, and if Chloe offers it to Cyan, Cyan is free to choose whether or not they want to integrate that vision into MOULa. Each shard of Uru is like an alternate universe, and each of us has the power to choose which Uru we want to live. I'm sure DIRT will have its own unique feel and personality. And even if I decide not to participate in it, I still generally feel our community is richer, not poorer, for having choices and opportunities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Marten wrote:
Regarding Szark's points on the Myst V ages, which I now understand are part of DIRT (and are _separate_ from the Intangibles' work to finish incomplete ages)...

I do not want to make any wrong assumptions about what Chloe has in mind for them. Until I see or hear how Chloe is adapting them for Uru, it seems too early for me to preemptively express a lot of concern. I'm sure Chloe already knows it would feel weird to integrate the tablet into Uru, and that it would also feel weird to visit these ages as nothing but gardens to see with nothing to do. So I must withhold judgment on what the story and puzzles will be like in that integrated content until it is done.

And of course, one of the great things we should not forget is that Chloe is free to build her vision, and if Chloe offers it to Cyan, Cyan is free to choose whether or not they want to integrate that vision into MOULa. Each shard of Uru is like an alternate universe, and each of us has the power to choose which Uru we want to live. I'm sure DIRT will have its own unique feel and personality. And even if I decide not to participate in it, I still generally feel our community is richer, not poorer, for having choices and opportunities.

I don't want to go to far into spoiler territory concerning what will be seen in the ages I've been adapting from the Myst V stuff. But I will say that any story and content that was tied directly to the story within Myst V (The Slates, Keeps, Tablets etc) were all removed. Their purpose was served with the Myst V story so they won't be, and shouldn't be continuity and storywise, appearing within the ages when we visit them in Uru. Rather the ages, have been adapted for a new story more in keeping with what Cyan seems to have originally outlined for them, where the info you gleamed when completing these ages was rolled out in doses rather than all at once like in Myst V. According to RAWA, the information you learned about the Bahro and their abilities in Myst V, would have come out within Uru slowly over a longer period of time, and this had to be rushed for Myst V, so it seemed to me that some of the "magic" had died in that regard. So, without giving anything away, I want to kind of get back to that "slow burn" information rollout that would have happened in Uru, and so the ages are being adapted for that kind of story.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
I think Marten and Emor are just suggesting that people manage their expectations; to keep an open mind and not get their heart set on things being done in a particular way, so that they won't be disappointed if things go in a different direction than they'd hoped.

So why not just say that.. instead of repeating a lengthy post that has already been said before in the middle of a conversation which in itself was aimed at us that were adding to the conversation. I have been a part of MOUL too long to set my heart on anything and not to expect anything but I will say Chloe's personal project really excites me and I haven't been excited about Uru for a few years now. I have said my piece so I will leave that there.

Anyway that aside I am glad to hear that a story element will be included and the puzzles from Myst V will not be included and that a direct port isn't on the cards. So at least part of what I would have liked to see in MOULa will be in Chloe's project. And on another positive note I am sure (and hope) this will help Uru continue for many more years to come.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:41 pm 

Quote:
I don't want to go to far into spoiler territory concerning what will be seen in the ages I've been adapting from the Myst V stuff. But I will say that any story and content that was tied directly to the story within Myst V (The Slates, Keeps, Tablets etc) were all removed. Their purpose was served with the Myst V story so they won't be, and shouldn't be continuity and storywise, appearing within the ages when we visit them in Uru. Rather the ages, have been adapted for a new story more in keeping with what Cyan seems to have originally outlined for them, where the info you gleamed when completing these ages was rolled out in doses rather than all at once like in Myst V. According to RAWA, the information you learned about the Bahro and their abilities in Myst V, would have come out within Uru slowly over a longer period of time, and this had to be rushed for Myst V, so it seemed to me that some of the "magic" had died in that regard. So, without giving anything away, I want to kind of get back to that "slow burn" information rollout that would have happened in Uru, and so the ages are being adapted for that kind of story.

I've been wondering how story will play a part in the re-released ages... this has me very curious now. Looking forward to seeing it! :)

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:03 pm 

Just wondering if this has been shelved? There have been no updates to the blog in a month and a half and the blog thedeepcity.com page is gone. I was really looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nah I'm just not going to be using the Deep City domain anymore for the project. No need to worry.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:27 pm 

Facebook Still?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Szark wrote:
Facebook Still?

Till I decide a new official domain for it, I'll be updating through Facebook,Blog and Twitter.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:32 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:27 pm 

I've wandered back into this forum after the news of the myst tv show (I'm sure I'm not the only one) and was kinda surprised at how many years have passed since I was last here...

I guess it IS hard to be a URU fan sometimes...

Chloe, this is wonderful stuff. Keep at it, I will be patient this time around :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 pm 

At Mysterium, was there any mention of when the new content roll-out would start?
I've read through this thread carefully, but knowing me...Its probably been typed and I've skimmed over it.

Edit: I was going by hear-say in game just after Mysterium and thought the content was going straight into moula. If It's a new shard then that's slightly different. Chloe...I'll wait patiently :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

"By the end of the year" was the phrase, IIRC, and I think the words "hope to" were in there too. No concrete date was given. But yes, the content GreyDragon was talking about is going into MO:ULa.

Here's a funny one: I spoke with Michael Dogherra after the convention, and asked him about the Myst V Ages GD was showing during the presentation. He said something like, "It caught the rest of us by surprise. We were saying to each other, 'Wait, those aren't fan Ages!'"

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Last edited by larryf58 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

larryf58 wrote:
"By the end of the year" was the phrase, IIRC, and I think the words "hope to" were in there too. No concrete date was given. But yes, the content Eric Anderson was talking about is going into MO:ULa.

Here's a funny one: I spoke with Michael Dogherra after the convention, and asked him about the Myst V Ages Eric was showing during the presentation. He said something like, "It caught the rest of us by surprise. We were saying to each other, 'Wait, those aren't fan Ages!'"

Actually Eric didn't talk about anything related to Uru at the convention, Ryan (Greydragon) did. Eric talked bout Obduction.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next