It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was browsing through the team's various project blogs. Holy crap there's a lot of Ages and areas in development! :shock:

I was thinking it would be good to have an official website for Intangibles/DIRT where all info can be centralized. This would attract more Myst fans to the project as everything would be layed out clearly and people could see the project's vision, much like the DRC site circa 2003. You guys could post IC blog posts like you've been doing, but in one central location which would garner attention to the project and help us roleplay, strengthening the hype meter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:59 pm 

Yeah, I like that idea - I only fear, that building and managing such a central site would take away time from actually building the ages... Hm, I´m ambivalent on this one.

Nevertheless, I would like to say again, how much I appreciate all the hard work you all do, honestly after some years I didn´t dare to dream to ever see any of those unfinished ages and areas, and now that I know they are coming, I´m almost euphoric! :)

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:01 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Rabenschwinge wrote:
I only fear, that building and managing such a central site would take away time from actually building the ages...
That is absolutely the case. Many of the people involved already run websites or blogs and are devoting their very limited time to the Age development and need the burden of another website like they need a hole in the head.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:19 pm 

Rabenschwinge wrote:
Nevertheless, I would like to say again, how much I appreciate all the hard work you all do, honestly after some years I didn´t dare to dream to ever see any of those unfinished ages and areas, and now that I know they are coming, I´m almost euphoric!

+1
This is, I believe, the best way of saying what I've been thinking since this project was announced I've so far read.

Never count out URU, I guess...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:26 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Mac_Fife wrote:
Rabenschwinge wrote:
I only fear, that building and managing such a central site would take away time from actually building the ages...
That is absolutely the case. Many of the people involved already run websites or blogs and are devoting their very limited time to the Age development and need the burden of another website like they need a hole in the head.

Quite true. Perhaps especially with highly individualistic artists who might prefer their own vision. But in my curiosity, and not to detract from its unlikeliness, I wonder what such a site would look like?

Yali wrote:
I was thinking it would be good to have an official website for Intangibles/DIRT...

I am equally curious about what would make it "official." ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Basically a central place where all info/art/development notes can be easily seen. No more official than the forum threads here. The difference is that it presents more officially.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
Rabenschwinge wrote:

Precisely this, I don't really have a lot of time to keep up with the IC site I already run let alone another one.

I did set up an intangibles Tumblr back when this all kicked off but there hasn't been any updates to it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:42 pm 

ChloeRhodes wrote:
4. I plan on making Noloben/Todelmer more like their original Uru concepts. Wether or not they show up within Uru will be up to Cyan.

I just noticed this whilst reading through the thread again. When you say that Todelmer will be more like its original concept, does that mean that the sky will be replaced with its old design? Because IMHO the sky in Myst V is much better than the old one.

MO:ULagain KI: #00042189 (unused) • #01521023
The cavern is Image, Minkata is Image
@rivenimagebot@CavernCondition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

For what my opinion is worth on the matter: official sites are *always* a good thing. Especially when a project is so decentralized with various people participating. It's great for people 'on the outside' to have a central place to refer to, where to see medias and read news. Rather than hunt down personnal blogs and scattered posts on three different forums... There are few things that are more frustrating than reading 'hey have you heard about this new nifty project' only to have to spend 15 minutes doing detective work to get proper informations about said project.

Rabenschwinge wrote:

It's a double-edged sword. On one hand: yes, the time spent updating a site/blog/tumblr/whatever with content is time that isn't spent creating said content. But it's not 'wasted' time either, as it brings more exposure to the project and, thus, more motivation. Which is always important. Not to mention it can also brings more new people to the team.
And it doesn't have to be a great big IC thing, just a central OOC depository of news/medias/links.

As someone who is interested in the project but cannot spend too much time browsing the various forums and blogs it's something I would definitely enjoy reading.

tlrd; PR is important. As I'm sure you know. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:19 pm 

I have tried to follow what vision lies behind DIRT and from what I understand appeals to me and what I thought Uru could have been like. This is not a slur on what we have now as it will always have a fond place I my life for the profound way it effected me as a person and made me grow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
As someone who is interested in the project but cannot spend too much time browsing the various forums and blogs it's something I would definitely enjoy reading.

Last year there was an RSS feed intended to aggregate progress on this stuff. (http://mix.chimpfeedr.com/5120c-The-Intangibles-Feed -- sorry, I fail to remember who set it up.)

But -- all the blog sources it drew on stopped updating right after Mysterium. So your problem is not the lack of a unified news source. It's lack of *news*. If there were an "official site" like you want, it would have been dead since September and you'd be right back here asking how to get the "real" information.

(Where credit is due: http://www.starryexpanse.com/ has been blogging twice a month since the beginning of the year.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:59 am 
Obduction Backer

The blog sources didn't stop posting at least not all of them, I've been posting info/tweets since then but they haven't been showing up in the feed for some reason.

I set up an intangibles site on tumblr a while ago which I'm hoping I can get updated at some point. Unfortunately I've just moved house and was also hit with the death of a very close member of my family so it's really not on my list of priorities at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok -- sorry I didn't see your updates, and I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looking for guesses as to what that's supposed to be?

I'll say it's Rebek, if only because that's the only Age I know that has rocks that refuse to stay on the ground.

I believe that the floating sculptures in Eder Kemo and Eder Delin were probably carved from rock imported from Rebek.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next