It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:18 pm 

A World Beyond:
Coming back to the Cavern after this last 'accident' has left me at a bit of a loss. I wandered about, with having done nothing but retrieve my KI. I needed some time to reflect, to find out what I was going to do with this new found freedom , of sorts. I decided to go to one of my favorite places. Carefully making my way down the cliffs behind the Library I sat in quiet on the edge of the waters. Something caught my eye. Over to the left, behind some of the fallen walkway....what was it???
NO WAY!!!!...My boat...I could not believe my eyes!!!
I inspected her hull, she needed some repairs but I am not one to take things as happening by accident. Finding that my boat had washed up on shore, from having to leave it on the other side of the lake from my first adventure, Angels Gateway, was too good to be true.
I will be preparing to take a trip...maybe re-visit the Gateway ages??..or maybe find something new.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:51 pm 

I took a quick run out on the Lake to check out my boat. All seems fine. When I gather my gear I will be heading out. This adventure will be more pictorial than narrative.
As I was out on the Lake I did see something strange. The cloud..if you want to call it cloud, formations were strange. I found out later that someone was doing some serious pellet drops. I am wondering if the two are related. I will update pictures asap.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:51 pm 

That strange cloud like formation that I saw when testing my boat is gone. Makes sense. Was nearly no one around today as I set out. As I suspected KI signal was lost as I passed thru the Arch. I am really hopeful this time, that I can get up to the Cleft. I read some more of Ghen and Atrus's trip, and think that it was on the steep descent that I made my mistake in navigation last time.
My packsack is bulging, and I have other containers of supplies stored on my boat. I have dehydrated fruit and vegetables,a couple containers to keep water in, flint, water purification tablets, a small cook stove and cook pot, a change of clothes, emergency blanket, first aide kit, rope, knife, hatchet, spare batteries, and my cell phone. From my journeys I have found that my cell phone has times when it decides to pick up on signals, and it seems as long as I am out in the open (even though I am in a Cavern) I can still get signal. Something in the rock must be acting as a conductor.
As I draw near to the shore, again, that same sense...of awe.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm 

This tiny harbor is a welcome sight after the time on the water. I wanted again, to stop at K’veer, but the desire to find my way up to the Cleft is stronger.

I tied my boat and started the trek up the steep slope that led away from the sea’s edge. Behind me the sea was dotted with tiny islands, they looked like dirt floating on orange water. It was indeed a grand sight as Ghen had told Atrus, and I stood and gazed, enthralled with the beauty.

From Atrus’ notes I knew I had hours of walking ahead of me with many twists and turns. I wish I had Ghens notebook!!

I decided to walk until I lost the cool air and breeze, and then find a place to make camp. The twists and turns ahead of me would have to wait until I was rested.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:26 pm 

On the fourth day found my way through a small shaft after days of wandering through twists and turns. I kept close watch of my direction and always made it back to my camp, but this shaft looks promising. I had planned for this possibility, and I have all that I need with me, so I do not have to go back to camp. I expect to see the mining rigs, abandoned cranes, mounds of rock and warehouses described in notes at every turn, but nothing, I don't get it. It is almost as if this task is not meant to be accomplished.

There is some steam escaping from small fissures, and this gives me some hope, but nothing like what I would expect to find. By all visuals, I am not even near the southern border of the D'ni kingdom, no where near the massive gate and marble floors that marks an entrance.

I was just about to get comfy in a small cavern that led off the shaft, when I saw something.

As I rounded the bend I was met with this set of stone steps, and the light coming from the top was almost blinding. It made no sense, but I have come to find that not much down here makes sense. I made my way up the steps and, as I had felt before, as when I passed through the mossy veil in The Valley of Shells, I had the feeling of linking, but nothing drastically changed. Except..... as I topped the stairs I was met with this scene.

An opening as vast as ever I could imagine, and more beautiful than any I have ever seen. I stood...stared and caught my breath. After I regained a sense of reality, I took stock of my strength. Could I traverse that bridge and those stairs today?...YES..I was too excited not too, and my adrenalin rush was too much to ignore. I made my way, over the rocky ledge to the worn path that led to the bridge. Off to the left in the valley I saw a sight that was too much to bear.

Down in the shadow of this rock was a house, a massive dwelling on the edge of the cliffs...How???

How was it made???

How can I get there???

How were there birds flying??
Down here??

How did I get here???

I am not in a cavern anymore.

My path leads up, and can see no way down to the home. I will just have to keep going and see what meets me as I climb those stairs and round that corner. I am never going to find my way up to the Cleft at this rate. Who would have guessed that there was so much buried here, so much to discover?

As I made my way up the exactly 100 steps, I was too excited to be winded. The path flattened and led through a dark rocky corridor. then ended at this wall.Image
I puzzled over it for a couple hours, and as the light faded from the glimmers filtering through the corridor, I made camp for the night....not that I was going to get any sleep.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:23 pm 

As I thought, I did not get much sleep. I had dreams of windmills, Yeesha calling me to the Cleft, and Bahro screaming. Windmills?? why I do not know. This wall is windmillish, but not enough to give me dreams...or was it?

I poked and pressed and prodded at this wall from every possible angle. It only stood 8 feet, so I was able to reach the top with the aid of some rocks I built into a step platform. I was baffled. Each panel was exactly like the other. I stood back and stared, crossed my eyes...the only thing I did not do was stand on my head!!

I could not shake the windmill thought. I could see no way that this would turn. What am I missing??

Wind??

There was not even the slightest breeze coming up the walkway.

Okay...wind, so here goes......I took a big breath and blew with all my might at the wall!!

The scene before me made me step back as far as I could go.....open sky, swirling clouds, and the sound of a mighty wind.

Now what?

I inched my way closer, I could feel no wind. I reached out to touch where the wall had been and my hand went through what almost seemed like a movie screen. I got a bright idea. I held my phone in my hand set to take a picture, and held it through the wall.

Click!!

It looked to be an elevator. Being the fearless explorer I am, I stepped through...and.........

I didn't die, or link or evaporate.....

I was in an elevator with three buttons, yellow, red and green. I could see the cloud through the open elevator door.

I pressed the yellow...nothing.

I pressed the red...nothing.

I pressed the green...nothing.

I pulled at the casing for the buttons, and it swung open to reveal a flat grey plate. I held my hand on the plate, and it glowed yellow, red green and blue...blue???? not one of the color choices???

Maybe nothing, but then again, how often is something nothing around here?

As my hand glowed the door closed, and the elevator started to move. I took my hand off the plate, and enjoyed the ride.

Up?? Down?? no idea.

I actually felt like I went down, then sideways, then up, but not sure. I guess I will see where I come out...maybe.

The door opened, and I was met by the most beautiful room I have ever seen.

I went to the window and gazed out. I was in the house that I has seen from the bridge, the beautiful estate on the rocks.

But....where was I really??

Was I alone?

The home seemed very lived in, not dusty in the tiniest bit, and a fire flickered in the fireplace.

I found myself very tired. I sat in the armchair by the fireplace and listened.

Not a sound.

Soon I was fast asleep.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:27 pm 

When I awoke, nothing had changed. The fire still flickered, and even though it was a real wood fire, the wood had not burned down. Strange???

I checked my clock...I had been asleep for 8 hours!

I took a wander around the house, and immediately was met with some shockingly familiar things. My coffee cup.........my document..... My kitchen sign....my antique typewriter...

My things...from my home on the surface..... Image

I found a diary, beginning date ...November 25th, 2014, but current date, according to the diary was Nov 25, 2114.....
100 years.....
my handwriting.....
my doodles.....
It was becoming more and more evident that I had linked to my future. My future???
..but then where was I??? I mean the future I??? Or the past?? Or my family???

Or????
Now I am confused. If I was here 100 years ago, where am I now?, okay, more confused....

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

*Taps foot.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:32 pm 

Note:

Sorry it is so very intermittently...but Angelmyst IC, only gets signal very infrequently, and she sends me the info from this journey when she can.
quote from her notes:
"From my journeys I have found that my cell phone has times when it decides to pick up on signals, and it seems as long as I am out in the open (even though I am in a Cavern) I can still get signal. Something in the rock must be acting as a conductor."

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

I know, but as 'she' progresses, I get more concerned for her safety. *sigh. I wish her phone could still reach mine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:08 pm 

((dear hummingbird...I received this note from Angelmyst IC today:))

Here are some excerpts from....my...diary.

November 25th 2014:

Since I stepped into the beautiful room off the elevator, I had the sense of being home. I have determined that I have stepped into a time loop of sorts. I came into this room, looked about, and fell asleep, but after my sleep, things had not changed. I found items of mine, as if this has been my home for some time, but no indication how the things got to be here. I guess I will just settle in for a bit, and see what transpires.

December 25th 2014:

Christmas...alone. I just do not get it. I am feeling very little passage of time passage of time in my body. According to the house clock/calendar, this is the date. But according to my cell phone it is Dec 2, 2014. A month has passed..but not according to my phone. I have only been here for a week. If this trend continues, I will be able to spend a year here in 12 weeks. Guess I will see what happens.

No one else has been around, no indication that anyone ever was. It is almost as if this place was made, for me. I am enjoying the solitude, I really did need the rest, but I am somewhat concerned. I tried to open the elevator....it does not work.

After reading that first bit I went to try the elevator, sure enough...it does not work. I am more perplexed. I decided to read the diary through.

Sure enough, I made a notation every week/month, and I was here for a full 100 years. I decided that I must figure some way out of here...I can not stay here for that long, I do not want to stay here....this is not what I came to find. I will make sure i have provisions always at hand, and the day that I get that elevator to work is the day I will leave...the moment!! According to the diary, I am still here Nov 25 th 2114, which would be, 25 years, if the time frame still holds true as 1 month here is 1 week in reality. I really hope that I can get something to work that changes what is in the diary.

I am puzzled about one thing, that, for some reason there is no blue..the blue is on the extremities of my hand print, but is not on the elevator controls. I am sure that this is the key. Nothing in the diary indicates that..I...thought of this before. This will be my focus, finding out what to do to make the elevator work. Until then I will do my best to enjoy the holiday that I find myself on.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:27 pm 

I have been enjoying this home for the past few days, and come to realize one thing, whoever, however, whenever this house was made, it was made for me specifically. It is everything I ever dreamed of in a house...down to the woodwork around the doors and the details in the kitchen. Every time I went to look for something, flashlight, slippers, batteries, snacks... they were exactly where I would have put them.

I have very comfortably been able to puzzle over the 'blue' problem. I have no idea why my other self could not figure it out, but I am certain that I have. It seemed rather simple, but my idea bears trying out....but I hesitate. I am really in no hurry to leave, and if I try my idea, will I be able to get back?

I have decided to explore this house for a few more days. I really could use the holiday, and this place has much to explore. One thing to note...there are no doors leading outside to the grounds. There are balconies to the fresh air, and a garden out back, but no way out of this house except the elevator. How was this place built? My only explanation is that it was written...by whom?

After a few days, I found an entrance to the small tower at the back of the house. I found it quite by accident. I was in the game room, playing a Jalak like game of Jenga, with a 6 foot high virtual tower.When the blocks fell they would sparkle and disappear like the crystals in Ahnonay, It was amazing. Anyway....one of the blocks fell over beside a wall, and I noticed something uncharacteristic about this wall....it had nothing on it, no pictures...nothing. That is not me. I have pictures on every wall space! As I went to the wall this appeared.
The similarities shocked me....totally. As I backed away it disappeared. I would have had no reason to walk up to this wall, nothing to see, had it not been for my love of Jenga!! I had to explore...but I was not going to do it without having my things all ready. I prepared my packsack, and was able to fully stock it with travel food items from ..my.. pantry.

Okay...ready. I have said good-by to this house...maybe. I have no idea what I will find behind this door....but the explorer in me must find out...NOW!!!

I placed my hand on the door, the symbol swirled, and the door swung open. I stepped back....I was not about to go in there until I was sure I could get out if I wanted to. I pulled a chair over to the door, and pressed again. This time I placed the chair against the door, firmly holding it open. I was immediately met with a cold dark hole...and stairs leading up, and a smell of dampness and ...something else...could not put my finger on the smell, but it was horrid...every fiber of my being said run...every hair on my body stood stiff...my adrenalin was at full capacity.

***Sorry, this was as much as Angelmyst AC sent me in this post***

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 pm 

What I found can only be described in pictures......

My packsack, just as it is on my back, except it is empty of any provisions, and mouldy from age...a note..and me!!!...just as I would lay to fall asleep.

From the note, I did one thing....looked for my relto book!! I did...I did leave it in the Library!!

So glad that I propped that door open. I must change this...this is my future in 25 years if I do not!!

I went to the Library and sure enough, there on the side table was my relto book, why I had left it there was beyond me, I do not even remember doing so.

I decided then and there...close that door, and try my idea in the elevator.

But... I could not leave me there....I decided to bury my bones in the garden, under the lilac bush, and then leave this house.

My idea for the elevator was simple, why the other I had not thought of it was a mystery.

The blue, was on the finger tips, so what if I touched the panel with just my finger tips?

It was worth the try...from what I found, it had to work. ...but now that I know that the tower would be my trap and death, I know not to go in there without being able to get out...but still...I can not stay here.

I was ready...my packsack was still packed, and...I had my relto book firmly in place.

all set...

finger tips on panel...

door closed and elevator moved...

As I would in city I ...

/cheer

I stepped off the elevator, walked out and looked behind me, to the wall I had encountered days before. I wandered the rocky path and came back to the bridge, I looked over the edge to the house....

The house was gone!!

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:03 pm 

Angelmyst IC took a long time getting this update to me.

I made my way back over the rocky ledge and to the top of the stairs, again, I had that feeling of linking. I went down the stairs and back to the set of caverns and the shaft I had been in. I settled in a cozy cavern and thought through my next moves.

My goal is, as always, to get back up to the Cleft....how many more surprises am I to find as I make my way. Sure wish Ghen had of left better notes! I took a nap. I was more tired than I had thought, but a quick 30 min cat nap refreshed me enough to set out and see what I could find. I decided to keep everything with me as I explored, and forget the idea of having a base camp anywhere...I will sleep where ever I happen to be when I am tired...I will skip watching the time...I will just go according to my strength.

I climbed and crawled and slid through an endless labyrinth of paths. This would make an awesome amusement park ride!! I felt the moisture from several steam fissures...I must be getting close to something!! I came to another small cave off of what seemed to be the main path. There was a small shaft that Ghen and Atrus took in their descent...wonder if this is it?

Okay....

That strange feeling.....again...what is with the linking feeling? It is almost as if they are traps of sorts, to keep one from actually getting from point A to point B...being Cleft to The city...or in my case city to Cleft. This would make sense. How many would explore the cauldron, without checking out the cleft home first...without finding out the message from Yeesha...without getting her blessings, in the form of a relto book?

As I came through the end of this small shaft I immediately knew two things.

1. this was not Ghens shaft

2. I was no longer in the caverns

...for this was my scene as I came out of the small shaft.Image

I stood, transfixed by he beauty!!

What was I going to find?

I almost felt like saying, forget the Cleft!! There is just too much down here to worry about finding the illusive path up, but my longing for that path was just too great. My explorer nature, however; was revelling in these discoveries.

I saw a small path that led to the right, seemingly circling the lake up on this ridge. The day was warm and sunny, and it seemed as if the sun had just peeked the mountain. There are times when adrenaline is an awesome thing, for I should be tired, but I am not, and the unknown calls.."angelmyst, come see what is here!!"

So, I obey the call.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:05 pm 

The path was narrow and gently overgrown, I saw plants and insects that I had never seen before, but nothing else stirred. Getting closer to the lake took just over an hour, but it was easy walking.

These plants and animals were in abundance as I neared the lake. The mushrooms and the dragonfly were in every darkened crevass along the edges. I startled the peacock-like bird from behind a whole field of the colorful pine cone/bulrushes. The staring yellow flower really creeped me out. It’s “eyes” followed me, and they lined the path every 6 feet or so. The fluffy faced bird followed me, just one of them, but I could see several in the foliage as I made my way down to the lake.

When I was about 100 feet from the water the bird ran off…not flew, not sure if it could fly, as I had seen none flying about. I soon realized why the bird had left, as I got closer to the water I smelled the most horrid stench you could imagine.

All along the shore of the lake were these starfish. They emitted a horrid smell that sent me reeling back in disgust, and made me retch. I had never smelled anything so bad in all my days.

I went back to where the bird had left me, and tried to circle around farther and see if there was any spot I could get to the water.

Nothing.

I had made my way about 1/4 of the way around this lake, when I figured I needed to find some place to rest for the night, for something caught my eye that steeled my determination to explore farther. The Island in the lake…Image

…on closer examination, looked to be inhabited. I zoomed as close as I could from a safe vantage point, away from the smell….could it be?? It was too far to tell, but I am certain there is a structure in the dark recesses of the bluff. How to get past the smell…how to get to the island….These are questions for tomorrow, after i get some rest. I found a quiet grassy knoll, and made camp for the night.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.