It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:01 pm 

After a good rest my brain was in full gear, and ready to roll. I had solved the ‘smell’ problem in my sleep. I was able to construct a ‘gas mask’ with some large leaves, flour glue and ties. I added some perfume, I always carry, just for added measure. I tied the mask on as I neared the starfish.

As I made my way past the creatures, I was able to get a better view of the island, and something else strange…..

Just below the surface of the water, very similar to the rock path in Water Ahnonay, was a path.

Irish fairy paths are said to exist under water, causeways in marshes than lead to islands. These paths, only used by the fairy folk, ran from one island to another and were paved with coral, making them and their travellers visible to fishermen in their boats above.

True to this idea, I saw this…several actually hovering along the shore near the submerged bridge.https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/flower-fairy.jpg?w=300&h=293

As I made my way out on the path it rose beneath my feet and the swirling misty waters cascaded off the rocky causeway.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/underwater-path1.jpg?w=232&h=300

This path lead right out to the island, and I made my way up the pleasant slopes. I was able to remove my ‘gas mask’ and the air had a sweet odor, like fresh honey warmed on toast. It almost made me think of Lotus flowers, and as pleasant as the scent was I was on my guard.

A narrow rocky stair case ambled through the trees, up to where I was sure I had seen a glimpse of a structure, outlined in the dark recesses.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/rocky-path.jpg?w=300&h=225
It was a beautiful day for a stroll, and I could have easily lost track of all time, but the scent of honey, kept me aware that nothing is as it seems, and I could face danger at the slightest turn in the path.

As I neared what I was sure to be the spot I had seen the structure, the sun made its way over the ridge and shone full down into this glen of sorts, dispelling every dark corner and revealing a house….but not just an ordinary house. I had stepped out of the lands of the ancient Greeks and lotus flowers into the land of fairy tales and gingerbread houses. This house before me, was right out of a story book…and I had to resist the temptation to lick it, to see if it was made of sugar.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/colorful-house.jpg?w=300&h=220

As strong as my curiosity was, my sense of care was even stronger. If I have learned anything in my adventures it has been this….be careful.

I wanted to go right up to the house, knock on the door, and go in, make myself right at home. I knew that this was not to be…I had to exercise caution, for I had no idea who built the house, who was in the house…or what. No smoke rose from the chimney, but on this warm day that was not surprising. The area was not overgrown, the rambling garden was well tended, and all signs were there that this place was inhabited…..recently.

I circled around to the back of the house and what looked to be a stone fence was in my path, and as I neared the fence, a saw a very familiar symbol…and also saw that this was a boat, very overgrown, and dilapidated. As I stepped away from the boat the symbol vanished. It showed again when I was 10 feet from the boat.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/boat-path-of-the-shell.jpg?w=768

The presence of this symbol could only mean one thing…I was still in D’ni territory in some fashion. I was at a loss how to proceed. I still had plenty of daylight left, it was barely noon, and so far I had not seen any sign of life around the house. I found a quiet spot in a woodshed and settled down to watch….and wait……

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ Angelmyst :)
I don't know if I should post here & interrupt your storyline with comments ?
However, I really enjoy your story ( kudos) keep up the good work !
Interesting storyline ! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 pm 

TD...all fine... I like comments...wish there were more, gives me an idea of how to proceed.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:27 am 
Obduction Backer

so far, you do great ! :D

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:56 am 
Obduction Backer

always love reading these, angelmyst! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you’d like the images to show up, you should use [ img ], not [ url ] ;)
And possibly resize the images by appending e.g. “?w=300” to the file name, if needed.

[Reveal] Spoiler: An example
The path was narrow and gently overgrown, I saw plants and insects that I had never seen before, but nothing else stirred. Getting closer to the lake took just over an hour, but it was easy walking.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:38 pm 

I have tried placing the images, it does not work on my machine for some reason. Seems to depend on the picture.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:18 pm 

When I awoke nothing had happened. I mean, no one was around, and it seemed I was all alone. I checked the boat, and the symbol that had appeared earlier, did not appear now. Strange... was my presence noted some how?

Also, though I had rested for six hours ( yes, I fell asleep) the sun had not moved. It still shone full into this glen. Has my presence also stopped time?

I wandered farther around the back side of the house. and came upon this cute cottage.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/15-1-2.jpg?w=300
The colors were in keeping with the colorful house, and I just had to go into this structure and check things out...I was not prepared for what I found on the inside. A wonder land, bathed in blacklight and glowing, with strange creatures peaking out from cracks and crevasses. The paths all lined with a blue light, I followed around in a circle.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/1974263_764623103570408_2218573789319880335_o.jpg?w=169
All the creatures kept in the hollows, nothing came out of its hiding spot. The feel of a thousand eyes on me gave me the creepiest feeling. After one circle I had enough..out..NOW!!!

I decided to check out the main house. After the cottage, nothing would surprise me now. Why do I say things like that?? For, surprised I was. The exterior of the house, yard and gardens were well kept, but I walked into a disheveled mess. The walls were crumbling, the staircase littered with rubble, and it looked as if no one had been here in decades.https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/island-cabin-stairwell.jpg?w=300

I carefully made my way up the stairs to a closed door. I do not think I can take any more surprises....I thought.... What else could be up with this place? Could any one spot have so many surprises? I was overwhelmed as it was. I was almost afraid to open the door....but you know me, curiosity is my middle name.

This colorful wall met my gaze, dare I step through? CAN I step through? SHOULD I step through?https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/1358635552009-copy.jpg?w=300

I carefully reached out my hand. OUCH!!!!!!!!!! Hot. I examined my burn, red fingers, and then looked back to the offending view.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/302310_10150772275300858_5159927_n-copy.jpg?w=300

It was now a colorful blaze.....and the heat drove me back.....back...down the stairs and out to the yard, at a full run.

When I was, I figured , a safe distance away, I looked back to the house. I could feel the heat..intense, and I knew what was going to meet my eyes.
Had I caused this?? Was this a signal to end my attempts to find the path to the Cleft?
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/burning-house.gif?w=300

I stumbled my way back to the rocky staircase, the scent of burning wood, charred cloth, tar, and foliage searing my nostrils. After the stench of the burning house, when I crossed the water bridge to the starfish, the smell was not overpowering. Nothing could erase that smell from my mind, as it lingered on every nose hair, every olfactory nerve was seared with the smell.

I went back to my quiet grassy knoll...and cried.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:20 pm 

After I regained my composure, and the scent had cleared my nostrils, I determined to go see, if I could 'fix' things. I have made a habit of trying to leave things as I found them. As I prepared to go back, something caught my...ummm...nose. The sweet scent of honey. I had not smelled it over here before...or had it been there and I just never noticed? The Lotus flower scent, like that on the island. What did it mean? I had that feeling, things were not as they should be....not as I had left them. The honey scent made me wonder if all I had encountered was just a hallucination, or a dream. I did determine one thing...if things are all okay, I was going to check out the symbol on the boat, the Path of the Shell symbol.

I prepared to head back. My gas mask was in my pack sack. I re applied perfume to it, and hung it about my neck to prepare for the starfish smelly area. I encountered the same things...exactly the same....strange.

As I again neared the spot I had seen the colorful house, the sun again made its way over the ridge and shone full down into the glen, dispelling every dark corner and revealing the house........the house, fine, not burned, not charred...nothing. It was as if this was my first visit. AS I had determined I headed to the back yard and to the symbol , that was again, on the boat. This time, however, I am not going to step away from it....I walked into it...and linked...............................

I came out in the labyrinth of paths I had encountered earlier, and saw the small shaft I had explored that led to the valley I had just been in. I took a slow peek into this shaft.....and was met with a wall of rock....no shaft....no beautiful valley. I was back on my path..back to my trek to the Cleft.

What was I to encounter next as I explored this World Beyond??

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 pm 

After such a horrid experience I decided to keep to the Caverns and wander the fissures and ignore all strange and wild things that may come in my path…..ya ..right. That resolve was very short lived.

After six days of wandering and finding nothing, you can imagine my

curiosity when I rounded a bend and came face to face with this
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/snowflake-4.png.

A perfect snowflake….I walked up to it, then right through it and saw this…
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/snowflake-1.png

and through it to a third...https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/snowflake-2.png

and a fourth....https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/snowflake-3.png

Each was very different. I also noticed, as I went through the images, I not only got that strange linking sensation, but also it got colder. From the relative warmth of the fissures to this cold, I was puzzled. I dug out my emergency blanket, and wrapped myself. I wandered through a cold cavern, nearly totally dark.

When I did emerge from the darkness I was met with this cold unwelcoming sight. What had I stumbled upon?
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/18838_400067160857_2948055_n.jpg
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/img_20150216_102402569.jpg

I wandered around, a cold barren wasteland, I went into the forested area and built a fire. I had to warm up. I warmed enough to have a sleep. I woke…..because I was too warm….. The area had drastically changed, all round me, where once was barren cold wasteland, was bright, hot sun-drenched beauty. I could not believe I was in the same place.
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/2015-1.jpg

I wandered back the way I had come, and came to the dark cavern area again..I could see the snowflakes through the darkness, and I could see the beauty.......where I had awaken? It was the same place, just changed...by me.....
Okay……I did it again, changed something..grrrr…why do I do this? Why do I mess with the balances of nature in the areas I find? Certainly not on purpose. Well ….I guess I should just enjoy the beauty, and see what it is all about.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:56 pm 

Okay, that was beautiful, but disappointing. I found nothing of interest. It is just a pretty spot. Again I wonder about these diversions, almost as if they are orchestrated to keep me from getting to my goal. I passed back through the snowflakes, and back into the labyrinth of paths, caverns and shafts.

From all the reading, I know now I am no where near getting to the South Gate. I have wandered in a relatively small area when the grand scheme comes into play. I wandered through a set of tunnels that were wet and musty smelling. I found fresh water dripping slowly from some rock, and filled my water supply. As I was packing my packsack again I saw something in a pool of stagnant water, I pulled it out and carefully unfolded the old, worn, paper.

It looked as if someone had tried to destroy it, and from what I could make out......IT WAS A MAP!!!!!!A map......of the route from the Cleft to the City!!!!
https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/img_20150306_1442159831.jpg?w=169

From what I could make out I was right about being still just in the first area of caverns and shafts that border the City. It looks to be a map made by Aitrus, but certainly not an original. Was it a copy made by the DRC?

It was not old enough to be here more than a few years. It is burned around the edges, as if it had been folded, and then an attempt was made to destroy it. It will however give me some help. I can draw out my path, and figure out where I am!! Maybe by tomorrow night I can be at the South Gate....I am hopeful.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Angel those are beautiful pics!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:06 pm 

After countless treks back and forth, over..through..under…and around, I have finally figured where I am according to the map.
…..I saw a familiar sight, an opening with a bright orange light glowing through it…..I was back at the Lake!!

Well, at least I know where I am….and down at the lake edge was…my boat.

Decisions, decisions.

Do I take my boat back to the city…hide it…and refresh my supplies…or do I turn around, with the limited supplies I have…and the map, knowing if I follow it, I will be to the Cleft in a short time….

What would you do??

Friends reading this adventure…I am adding a twist to things…

I want to know…briefly…what you would do. Please keep your comments short, but concise…please keep IC, and to canon in your suggestions. I still want to maintain the sense of continuity with the story line.

Have fun. :)

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

One day I was down over the Library cliff and found a map tucked under the bow of an old ship ruins.
I looked at it & it had many paths to follow, but what intrigued me was a house drawn on the map far away. I wanted to go see this house and who might live in it ? Since I had no way to cross the lake I couldn't go. But I knew angelmyst had crossed the lake & I was hoping for her return. By chance she might have found the house, went inside and met the owner? I will await her return and hopefully she can tell me more about this house ? The owner apparently made many trips across the lake to the cavern, but now all the ships are in ruins. Who could this person be and why did he/she make many trips across the lake and then stop doing it ? Why have a house out there and what were they doing there? Many questions that maybe angelmyst can answer?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:21 pm 

Intriguing.. I have not seen the house you could be referring to, but I would like to compare maps. Will let you know what I decide...having a companion on my trek up to the Cleft would be nice.....if we can not solve your house riddle.

KI #03313934

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next