It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:45 am 
Obduction Backer

I was about ready to climb back up the Library Cliff when I noticed an object floating to
shore. I ran back down to the lake edge. Oh My Gosh it's Angel's boat. What happened ?
Did a storm or high tide wash it from shore or did Angel fall overboard into the toxic water?
Angel is marooned over there with no way home to the City! What to do ? Get help? Then I
realized her small boat will only board one person safely. If I go across the lake only one of
us can return. I grab the map I found and frantically look at it very carefully, pondering the
path to take. Is there a way to climb over the mountains. I dunno what to do?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:04 am 

Wow....you put my pictures on a map!!! Wow.
Okay. Now you have me marooned. You leave me no choice. I am going to take the few supplies I have and head up to the Cleft. When I get back to the city we can head over again and check out the house you saw....if I make it back...

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Having loaded angel's boat with supplies, food, water, matches, first aide kit, etc. I decided
I had no choice but to go look for her alone, even though the boat could only carry one person
back. Just before going through Kerath's Arch I saw a bottle floating in the water.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Grabbing it and pulling the note out.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

I opened the scroll like note and read it.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

I rejoiced in the thought that she is still alive and did not drown in the toxic lake.
But I must find her & give her the food and supplies. I moved on until reaching the shoreline
on the far side of the Arch. Reaching shore in a strange land for me. There was no sign of
angelmyst. I quickly cached the boat in tall weeds and piled driftwood over it to conceal it.
Hoping a bahro she mentioned would not find the boat or the supplies I left in it.
Then I went along the shore a short distace and errected a carin monument as a sign for
angelmyst.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

If angel came by here I hoped she would find the boat and supplies inside it.
I built a large fire by the carin & threw green boughs on top of it to make lots of smoke.
I hope angel sees the smoke and finds her boat.
I looked at the map I found and headed to the right towards the Yeesha picture on it.
I was lost since there were so many side trails off the main trails that were not shown on my
map. Onward to where ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 pm 

Trapper..No!!!!
Its a trap..I did not send that note... I headed back up to Cleft, following the map I had found.
I have very little signal now that I am passed The South Gate...oh how I wanted to enjoy the machinery, and explore every nook and cranny... But I pressed on. I came to a point where my KI no longer worked...I backtracked to check my messages. I hope I am not too late.
I hope you do not come looking for me....
I will wait here...just outside the South Gate...
and pray....
Pray you did not come...
Luvs angel.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Been walking for hours up this trail, no sign of Angelmyst. My Ki flashed once and
it was a message from angel but the signal was poor and all I saw was part of a broken message:
"Trapper" ..."I headed" ..."back up"..."following the map"..."I came to a point where my KI no longer worked" ..."backtracked"..."I hope you"..."come looking"..."and pray"
I tried to fill in the words missing but it sure sounded like she was in trouble and wanted me
to come looking for her! Then a couple more hours up the trail I saw this path, that Angel had
described before.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

I took many deep breaths to dive underwater and follow the path. I remembered my caving days
just swim under and come up the other side of the shiphon in no time. The underwater path got
dark and murky and I was running out of oxygen thinking my lungs would burst. I swam in so far
I knew I couldn't make it back to the entrance. I started to get dizzy and faint thinking this
was the end for me! I seemed not to be moving foward with no energy left. Then a faint light
above, but I can't make it there. My lungs hurt bad and I wanted to breath the water in but I
knew I couldn't. Am I halucinating there in front of me was Yeesha waving me foward & up to the
light above ..
[Reveal] Spoiler:

... but I was cramping up and could not go further ...... a limp body ..
my last thoughts as it blackened out .. Ohh Angel .. I failed you .....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

gasp ehhhh gasp ahhhh ahh eehhhh spit spit cough spit
I gasp for all the air I can breath. Emerging to the surface in a room, with a waterfall on each side of me.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Standing up and looking back at the underwater path. What .. what is this place it looks
familiar ? Yes it is in Elodea and there is the linking book to Unterwelt.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

I rush to the linking Book, it is broken and doesn't work. Wait, this is not Elodea there are 5
Journey Clothes finding they also are all broke. I look at the ceiling of this small room and
see solid rock, no way out upward.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

I turn and quickly run to go through the waterfalls but find it is nothing but solid rock
behind them. I am trapped except for the underwater path I came in on.
My Ki flashes and now I have good signal. I read angel's message clearly now, she is safe back
in the city. What a relief, I'm glad ! What? Angel said it was a trap? Who would want to trap
me ? No choice but to go back through the underwater path even though I barley made it in here.
arghggg I can't enter the path, there is an invisible barrier it will not let me enter to go
back! Sitting on a rock pondering I realize I am a prisoner now. I think what is that Gold
Medallion on the wall above the Journey Clothes? I think Gehn has something to do with this ?
I try to remember all the details of Angelmyst's adventures searching in my mind for a clue?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:38 pm 

TD..I have no idea where you are...I am not in the city. You have received false messages from somewhere.. I am at The South Gate, a good days walk from my boat.....I am glad you are okay, but if you get this message do your best to get back to the boat, and back to the city. I am continuing up to the Cleft, I hope to be at a rest stop soon.
Luvs angel.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

After a few days of not knowing what to do. It dawns on me to touch that Gold Medallion.
I jump up on top the book & stretch hard rubbing my hands over it.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

I hear a rumble as the wall starts to open. Shocked I am staring at a shady character and a
tunnel with stairs leading up ahead of me.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Me: "Shorah" thinking of nothing better to say.
Man: " You come early"
Me: " Whom might you be ? "
Man: " I am the undertaker", pausing then says " follow me up the stairs"
Reaching the top of the stairs,I stare at the vastness before my eyes !
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Me: "What place is this?"
Man: "It is the Tombs of the Great Kings of D'ni their history is in the Hall of Kings in the
City. When their time has come I bring them by ship through the Arch to lay rest here"
Me: " But the ships are all in ruins"
Man: " There are no Kings in Ae'gura at the moment until the City is restored", pausing again
he then stares at me strongly " I have a different place for you"
He raises his heavy staff and points with it, and I look.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Me: " Nooooo I am not ready for that !"
Man: " No one comes through here by the underwater path you took and survives it is too long"
Me: " I had help from Yeesha, she guided me, and I needed to help a friend angelmyst in
trouble"
Man: " You say angelmyst, I've seen her travel through these lands by my house"
I look at a picture of his house that he shows me.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Me: " It is so colorful and bright"
Man: " If you had my job as the undertaker seeing what I do all day, it is a place to relax."
The undertaker raises his heavy staff up over my head and starts to swing it down upon me.
Thinking he is going to crush my skull, but touches my head so gentle and then: (POOF)
What has happened? I am back at the shore where I hid angel's boat. My Ki flashes and I can read
my messages clearly now. angelmyst is going to meet me at the South Gate and I must return her
boat to the city. As I pass through Kerath's Arch ( the Arch of Kings), I think of all who has passed this way before me. Arriving at the library cliff I hide angel's boat where I think she does, still well
stocked with supplies. I am off to meet Angel at the Cleft and on to the South Gate if need be,
I have a lot to tell her about my journey !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:22 pm 

Oh Dave...I have not been able to get your messages. I am leaving the South gate.....give me three days and I hope to be to Cleft...barring unforseen circumstances.
I have no phone or Ki signal past this point...I will update as soon as I get signal again.
Luvs angelmyst.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Okay, I'm getting intrigued here (finally). Which means I have the Herculean task of going back to the earlier adventures.

Some of you may know that I've befriended a couple of mermaids! Specifically, Murinna (the mermaid) [KI# 484723] and her older sister Mallina (the other mermaid) [KI# 3015052]. [OOC: Yes, they're both my creations. It pays to have multiple computers!)

Murinna can be a bit impulsive, though. (She insists that she is not prissy! Honestly!) I just recently learned that she's taken it upon herself to go searching for angelmyst, or at least her boat. She promised to keep me updated. Yeah, right.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:00 am 

.((..quote...please keep IC, and to canon in your suggestions. I still want to maintain the sense of continuity with the story line.))Tooo, as fun as this looks....I do not recall mermaids in Myst...anywhere...lol

Why?? I am not lost... It is Trapper who is now lost. I am, thanks to the map, well on my way up to the Cleft. Now, besides having Trapper's disappearance on my mind, I now have the worry of this impulsive mermaid. ...did she swim the Lake??? ....she must have thick skin, and impressive filters for gills.
I wish I knew what to tell you.....really do not want to turn around and look for her....maybe she will find Trapper...oh my....this is going to be a worrysome point.
Luvs angelmyst

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Well, from what they tell me, mermaids have been around humans forever - but those humans who encounter them tend to not discuss it for fear of ridicule.

But, yes, if they can survive the cold and crushing pressures of the ocean without the benefit of clothing, I'd say they have thick skin. Or maybe just thick heads. (Fortunately, when they visit the Cavern, they'll - reluctantly - wear clothes.)

Are they native to Earth or visitors from another Age? They won't tell me.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 pm 

After settling my mind, that Trapper is hopefully safe, and there are no signs of any mermaids coming to intrude on my adventure, I was able to get well on my way.

I had plenty of time to admire the awesomeness of the Gate. As I left the cool breeze, and clear air behind, I wondered how I could travel these paths and fail to find the right one??The ever burning desire to get up to the Cleft, made all of the discoveries I had made grow dim…as I realized I was …finally…going to get to the Cleft. I was going to accomplish what I had set out to do, years….wow..yes years ago. Time really does fly when you are having fun.

The massive South Gate well behind me, I pressed toward the eder tomahn. when I had at last came to the narrow bridge of D’ni stone which made up for the collapsed bridge, I could feel for Atrus…I stood frozen, as he had. With the lave bubbling below, I almost wanted to relto out…almost.

I tied a mask about my mouth and nose. The sulfur smell was nearly over powering.

The warm stuffy air dissipated, and the echo sound of marble floor, tapped with my boots was heard…..ah…an arch.., the metal arch that framed this tunnel…YES!! I hollered, loud enough to have the sound reverberate over and over and over, to hear several angels chorus their joy!!!!

Hours..hours of walking. I needed to take a break soon….but…..I could feel it…I was getting so close.

I was seeing the dripstone, long columns forming all around me. I can imagine how much in awe Atrus was when he saw these.

The difficulties of this climb had worn on me more than I realized…until I stopped to rest.I had stopped where a pool formed along the rock to my right and the left was a jumble of rocks…if I remember right there should be a steep, narrow tunnel here somewhere……but…what was that I could see???? All of these tunnels…..oh my…my desire to explore…..tomorrow. For the ache in my back was real, and I am tired beyond words…tomorrow.

I rested, about 6 hours. Most of that time was fitful, and dream filled.

The curiosity that intrigued me before my rest….was off to my right, through this large cavern, which I am sure Atrus remembered….not the steep narrow tunnel I was looking for, but a narrow, straight tunnel…straight through…to….what??

Oh..I am so close to the Cleft….but I have to see what caught my attentionImage

Okay, this was the most beautiful stone I have ever seen. A marble, about the size of a baseball…but looking into it, I could see a whole galaxy..worlds..truly worlds beyond…but what was this??

As I gazed….I had that strange feeling again….linking.

When the foggy feeling lifted, the marble was still in my hand. I placed it in my backpack, and looked around to......Image

This ruins of a castle…..the starry sky, from the marble looming in the background…..was I in the marble??
I was not going to worry about where I was. The structure before me was calling me. Being ever careful, as I have learned, I skirted the boundaries….and the boundaries were very distinct. I could go no farther than a circle around the castle at he distance of about 1000 feet…except for one place. The sun rise on the horizon…as I came to the far left of the castle I saw a walkway leading directly into the sun rise.https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/img_20150412_072846.jpg

It stretched out over an expanse of water, and headed straight…..but I was not going to take this path…not yet anyway. I needed to go back to the castle and explore its confines.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:32 pm 

I made my way over the rubble at the only door I could locate. As it was I had to do some serious climbing to get to this door. This Castle has been abandoned for …centuries. It is beyond old. looking at the stonework I am thinking it is D’ni. I am reminded of the Kings of D’ni, and know there was one who was Guild-master of the Guild of Stone Masons…but I can not recall which. Wonder if this was his?

As the sun rose farther in the east…or at least it should be east, the sky lit up with a million jewels, sparkling water-like droplets that just hung in the air, and gave a light through the windows, making it very easy to see.

I would have thought there to be layers and layers of dust, but the moist air of this place has left little. The decay of the building, intrusion of critters, and total ambiance are all that lead me to believe this place is centuries old.

The small east tower seems to be the bed chamber. Someone loved the sunrise. AS I watched the sun grow on the horizon, something strange happened.https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/free_892150.jpg

WHAT!!!!???? The Path of the shell symbol!!!

I ran out to the water, but by the time I got out the walkway, it was gone. I checked the time 14:04, that would be 12:04 KI time. If this age is on D’ni time…..I wonder what will happen??

Oh to have to wait until tomorrow…but…what will happen tomorrow?

For now, I will explore the Castle.

I walked back to the castle, and made my way through the rooms. https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/castles.jpg
courtyardhttps://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/courtyard.jpg
hall great hall.https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/great-hall.png

As I explored the Great hall I came across some old papers…..all I could make out were the words……rest….sad….and a scrawling signature…Ja’Kreen.
I was right!!
That is the King I was thinking of…this must be a place he came to for solitude, but from the looks of the great hall he did not come alone, unless some others found this place after his demise.
I will never know, for as much as I search I can find no other clues to the identity of those who came to this place.

entrance to tower roomhttps://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/tower-entrance.jpg

Then…as I was getting tired, hungry and ready for a nap…you all know how I love my naps…I saw, just fading,https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/castle-with-path-of-shell-symbol1.jpg
another Path of The Shell symbol……20:15 KI time…..so if I miss one, maybe I can catch the other. Wonder where they lead to…I will only be able to find out one…for now.

As night drew near, I found a safe nook. Not that I have seen anything to be particularly afraid of. This place is very peaceful. I can understand how King Ja’Kreen must have felt…I am feeling sad and in need of rest…and lonely. I will be glad to find the Cleft…tomorrow…maybe. Guess it depends on where the symbol leads me.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:52 am 

Of all the strange places I have slept the past two years on my adventures, this was by far the best sleep I have had. I did not dream, but fell into a solid restful sleep. The moss covered table I had claimed as my bed, was like sleeping on a cloud…at least I can imagine it was, for I have never slept on a cloud. I was lulled to sleep with the sounds of crickets, and the breeze through the turrets gentle whistled a sweet tune, a lullaby that had me drifted off before I even had time to fret about the coming day.

It was 8:15, 6:15 KI time. I had a whole day to explore some more before the symbol reappeared. I was curious about the walk way into the sunrise though, and it was going to be my focus. I headed out after munching on some dried fruit I still had in my packsack…the last of my food.

I would be at Cleft now if I had not gotten side tracked by a shiny marble. If I do not find the symbol to lead anywhere, I will have to go…um..out….um…of the marble??? How??? I have no idea how to get out of this place, except for the possibility of the Path of the shell symbol leading me out.

It has to lead me out.

I have no food.

I see nothing edible.

I will die if I do not get out of this place.

Okay, now I panic!!!

Good grief, when will I learn not to let my curiosity get the better of me!!!!????

I wandered down the boardwalk, toward the …rising sun…wait…rising sun…??Yesterday when I saw the symbol it was 12:04 KI time, but the sun was barely up over the horizon…how could that be???? How could I not have noticed the strangeness? Seeing the symbol made me forget all about the fact the sun was just above the horizon at what should be mid-day.

Through out the day yesterday I was so enthralled by the interior of the Castle I did not even take notice of the circuit of the sun.

So….

1st sighting of ‘sunrise’, approximately 11:00 KI time

2nd sighting of ‘sunrise’, 12:00 KI time

Then I had daylight until near 20:15 KI time when I saw the other symbol inside the Castle.

3rd sighting of the ‘sunrise’, 6:45 KI time

so from sunrise to sunrise was about 19 hours…..if I had of slept longer I would have missed the time the symbol should appear, about an hour from sunrise…which should be in about 15 mins!!!!!!

I dare not go back to the Castle for my things…..I have to be here if the symbol shows up again…..I HAVE to get back!!!

Having been in one age where I saw myself dead was enough. AS mush as I want to retrace the path….I am tired, and have no idea how to get out of here other than this possibility.

So….I paced the boardwalk…watched the ripples of golden minnows in the water…then I heard it…a sound very much like the sound of an opening pod…..and I saw it…..https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/free_892150.jpgAgain…Exactly in the place it was just 19 hours ago…..I ran…..faster than I have ever run in my life!!!

…………………………and as I was running through the symbol I had that strange, but oh so wonderful feeling of linking…………………..

and when I shook off the fuzzy feeling, I was here……https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/kiimage0167.jpg

Cleft!!!!!https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/kiimage0001.jpg

I was back!!!https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/kiimage0002.jpg

I went to the closest structure and …leaned!!!

I checked my KI…all intact, buds were there…pictures were there that I had taken before I left…..

I took some time and flipped through them…oh I could hardly wait to get back to the City to see my buds….https://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/kiimage0049.jpg

I may never know where the other symbol led to, I can speculate…I would think maybe Er’canna, or maybe Kadish…maybe…maybe, I will find out ..one day.....
...so nice to be back in my reltohttps://angelmyst17blog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/kiimage0001-2.jpg

KI #03313934

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next