It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 pm 

and
1) why am I on their buddy list, when I don't remember meeting them, I haven't used the bots yet and I haven't entered my new KI# in the directory yet?
2) why it doesn't show on my recents list (so that I can put it on my ignore list and avoid being spammed)?

And no, using WhoM is not the answer I'm looking for. I did not ask for this so I'd like to know how exactly did I end up actually getting it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 pm 

Okay it seems that Michel is testing the bots, and they remember avatar names, not their KI numbers.
Thanks Janeerah for clarifying that for meh. :)

And let us turn the alarm off. :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
No, it was definitely an advertisement for The Fabulous Magical Treasure, specifically the Bahros' Nests post. ("From Magic Treasure: FMT part 8: "Bahros' nests" is ONLINE!. Link yourself to TCity and PM: HELP for the code.") And, it still doesn't explain how they got my avatar's name when I never signed up. I believe this person has more than one avatar and as they were created, collected names and KI #s from their DRC hood neighbors. I know LuMagic was one of my neighbors.

Edit: I would appreciate it if they would post the KI #s of Magic Treasure and their other avatars so that I can place them in my Ignore list.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:35 am 

Tai'lahr wrote:
No, it was definitely an advertisement for The Fabulous Magical Treasure, specifically the Bahros' Nests post. ("From Magic Treasure: FMT part 8: "Bahros' nests" is ONLINE!. Link yourself to TCity and PM: HELP for the code.") And, it still doesn't explain how they got my avatar's name when I never signed up. I believe this person has more than one avatar and as they were created, collected names and KI #s from their DRC hood neighbors. I know LuMagic was one of my neighbors.

Edit: I would appreciate it if they would post the KI #s of Magic Treasure and their other avatars so that I can place them in my Ignore list.

Magic Bot 27527
Mimi Bot 71459

the FMT-bots aren't public yet as Mister Magic (who has Magic Bot, Mimi Bot and the FMT bots running on his accounts) still works on bringing the game back online. AFAIK it was MB who send the line with FMT, so for the moment it will help to put the two mentioned above on ignore.

And as you mentioned Lu: believe me, everyone in MB Hood has better things to do than grabbing other ppls KI#s. Nor are we all bots, or avvies of the same person. Just neighbors, translators, etc of the Bots. No need to get paranoid about everyone with a "Magic" in his or her name. :wink:
Hope this information helps a bit.

DbeMagic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:43 am 
Obduction Backer

OMG, i just discovered this thread!

@Tai'lhar.
I m not your neighbor and I never was your neighbor for as long as i can remember.
If you have seen me in your neighbors list, it was during the reopening!
I didn't choose where I arrived. Sorry for that.

In addition, I never created Bots. Sorry, I dunno how do that, as well.
Plus, I never collected new members for our Magic Hood in the way you write!!!!!!
I never collected anybody since I am log in MOULa in the way you write.
NEVER!!!!!!
It s not "ma tasse de thé" and some of you do that better i can do it.

Your are free to believe me or not.

Yesterday evening (for my time zone) I have answered to your questions and requests. I told to Mister Magic to check what happened.
I don't want to re-write what Debeh told you. Thanks to her to have given a reply.

Shorah!

Last edited by Lushun on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you both for your replies and my apologies to Lushun for falsely accusing him (I made the post before we spoke in game), but the information seemed to fit.

debeh wrote:
the FMT-bots aren't public yet
And, neither is the avatar that received the spam, so you can imagine my chagrin at receiving the message. I felt violated. And, without the option to reply or place on ignore, it means I will continue to receive these unwanted messages. That makes me feel helpless. And, that makes me angry.

But, what upsets me even more is the thought that it's being done to newcomers who could end up leaving out of frustration.

debeh wrote:
Tai'lahr wrote:
I would appreciate it if they would post the KI #s of Magic Treasure and their other avatars so that I can place them in my Ignore list.
Magic Bot 27527
Mimi Bot 71459

Please, I do not want to have to keep track of a long list of bots and avatars that may potentially spam my Buddies chat. Why should I have to place all these names on Ignore for all my avatars? I think the people running this operation should re-think the way they collect names.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm personally of the opinion that one should have to opt-in to buddies chat from bots.OHBot never used buddies chat because I felt like it was annoying. And I feel like Magic Bot always telling me where it is is annoying. I get enough legit PMs as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:07 pm 

Some people here should take a deep breath and see the whole picture...

The bots in-game are not the bots of let say... web-based forum boards who just scan everything & everytime.

A bot on-line, whether it's Magic Bot, Mimi Bot, Mir-o-Bot, Annabot, Whoever Bot, etc. is simply a normal avatar run by a program &/or a human.

I didn't receive any message from any of these bots yet because they don't know me (apart Annabot). The key here is the knowledge. I'm sure that if Annabelle was online at the same time as Magic Bot, she could receive some message from him.

I'm pretty sure too that let's say Testing XYZ won't receive any message from the bots because Testing XYZ is unknown!!! Simple as that.

Well...how can they know me if we didn't meet each other yet? You retook the same exact name, the same exact string of characters for a bot. A bot can find your KI # before you even get a KI device! It simply runs a program and when it finds a "string of characters" they know, they register them. In fact, I'm talking about the KI # but it would be more appropriate to talk about the GUID #.

Annabelle is known to Magic Bot even though she didn't meet him yet simply because Magic Bot obtained the GUID # of Annabelle since I had the marvellous idea of renaming her ... "Annabelle", same string of characters!

So with that said, before going on a witchhunt, go back deep in your memory and remember when you last encountered Magic Bot before the wipe, that's when he grabbed your "string of characters"!

If someone wants to block the bots then do so but please end this sterile debate here. The bots know you because you used them some time in the past. Nobody has time to steal KI # from others, please come on :lol: as I see it written often on this forum: "Stop this nonsense!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annoyed, I can understand, but violated? By what is essentially a status message?

People coming from other MMOGs usually find MOULa painfully quiet, and wouldn’t mind it that much.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just FYI, I'm very well aware of what the bots in Uru are and how they operate. They are not the issue, really. I would be just as annoyed if the spam was coming from anyone. It's why they fixed it so that anyone sending you a message by Buddies chat would end up in your Recents list so you could reply or put them on ignore. Unfortunately, that's not working this time around.

Annabelle, the avatar that rec'd the message never met Treasure Magic or any of the bots. She stayed private and wished to remain so.

korovev, I put up with a lot of group spam in SL, but I could opt out of any of those groups at any time. The only message I can't opt out of is the one notifying of a sim restart.

Added: This generation has its own way of doing things and I'm fine with that. This is your time. You keep the cavern alive with these new activities. But, if you're not willing to find a compromise with the old ways, then don't complain that the old-timers never come to the cavern, anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Just FYI, I'm very well aware of what the bots in Uru are and how they operate...But, if you're not willing to find a compromise with the old ways, then don't complain that the old-timers never come to the cavern, anymore.

I stand by my idea: bots shouldn't use buddies chat to broadcast messages unless we have the ability to opt-in to being on their buddies list. I don't see this as a compromise with the old ways...I see this as not being an áss. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:16 pm 

Hello Tai'lahr.

I'm just in the process of restoring the FMT yesterday.
Why did you receive a message from the robot?

This does not applies when driving a private message you received but an old collective message that was sent to the players before the crash servers Cyan.

Normally these messages are intended solely for the Magic Treasure buds to inform them about news concerning them.
A player becomes a friend of the bot only if he sent a message privately.
But following server recovery, the robot has sent a message to all players online at the time this message was sent.

I corrected that mistake and now only friends bot will receive a message from it.

Anyway, I do not see what could put you in such a state!
Everyone must know that after a crash, problems can occur.
Do not make a fuss and start already to criticize without understanding.

No, my bots can not know the #ki a particular player as that player does not contact himself.
But since you seem to be allergic to robots, then, tell me clearly, to me, without going through an intermediary who can do anything!
It's me and Only I that I' am able to put you in robots' ignore list if you like.

Uru Live is a family. If you can not stand one of its members so it's easy: put yourself in the ignore list but did not make a big deal out of peccadilloes and especially without knowing the reason for this event.

To OHB:
I say again: You will never be in the list of friends of the robot if you never send them a private message. What happened yesterday was due to be sent to all players present yesterday. it was a mistake, no more no less, but no intention of wanting spam.
All players in the FMT wish receive news about their favorite game.
If a player who has become friends with the robot no longer wish to receive these messages, simply place the BOT In Ignore list or contact me to put his name in ignore list of the bot.

Thank you for your attention.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mister Magic wrote:
To OHB:
I say again: You will never be in the list of friends of the robot if you never send them a private message.

Well, this is a problem, because you have to send Magic Bot a PM to do anything. You can send "help" or "meet" or whatever. Just because I PM it doesn't mean I want to receive "updates" from it. It means I want to use it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mister Magic wrote:
the robot has sent a message to all players online at the time this message was sent.
Ah, okay, now I understand and apologize for my old-timer ignorance. I had no idea that anyone other than Cyan had the ability or permission to send cavern-wide messages. So, in my ignorance of this development, I naturally assumed it was a Buddies Chat message. This might also explain why the sender did not end up in my Recents list.

This is wonderful news to learn that we now have this ability. The Guild of Messengers should use this new feature! :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sending a cavern wide message should not be used by explorers or bots. Sure, it would be cool for 6 seconds but yeah. Those of us who know how to do these types of things need to exercise responsibility, good judgment, self-control, and restraint.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next