It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:46 pm 

Quote:
This is wonderful news to learn that we now have this ability. The Guild of Messengers should use this new feature! :P

I always offered to send a message to all players via bots, for a limited time, to announce any major event in the cave. But no one, so far, has responded to my proposal.

Quote:
Sending a cavern wide message should not be used by explorers or bots.

What's the difference between sending a message to all buds with a script than send it to buds one by one ? The result will be the same but time to do it is shortened.
I make it clear: to the buds and not to everyone. :wink:

I hope this little incident is now closed. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 pm 

Seriously, I have zero respect for these bots if all they're doing is spamming people. Why can't people do something useful with their time instead of making things to annoy other people?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
Seriously, I have zero respect for these bots if all they're doing is spamming people. Why can't people do something useful with their time instead of making things to annoy other people?

Whilyam, really. I thought better of you.

"all they're doing is spamming people"? That is so far wide of the mark I don't know where to begin.

Mr Magic has told us that this was a one-time error, a side-effect of the restart. The bots do not spam people at all, and they have many other functions so "spamming people" is most certainly *not* "all they're doing".

Baseless accusation and name-calling is something I never thought I'd see here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:15 pm 

Quote:

I'm really sad that some of you have no respect for my work done for over two years.
This total lack of respect is unworthy of the spirit of Uru!
I accept all the comments and criticisms of all players using magical ages of my robots because these players know what do the robots in Moula.
Sometimes there is an error. Should we crucify each time?
You have nothing else to do in the forum that criticize?
So, too, is zero respect for you Whilyam.

Claiming that the bots are just there to spam, it is not really knowing what they are intended.
This shows as some players like to criticize without understanding.
First see the work done by players who try to perpetuate the spirit of Uru by making puzzles.
Then you can give your opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:30 pm 

If it's a glitch, then that's fine, but I didn't see any post about that. What I did see were people who got random messages from these bots and what seems like just excuses for it.

Also, Magic, I don't care if you don't respect me. Write some Ages for this game. Then you can give your opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mister Magic wrote:
What's the difference between sending a message to all buds with a script than send it to buds one by one ? The result will be the same but time to do it is shortened.
I make it clear: to the buds and not to everyone. :wink:

I have no problem sending a message to all buddies. However, I cannot control if my avatar is on Magic Bot's buddy list or not. I want to use Magic Bot but not be on his buddies list (and therefore receive unwanted chat)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:03 pm 

I keep the bots on my ignore list, and whenever I want to use them I simply take them off.

And well, they're bots. As clever or good coder as their owners may be, there will always be flaws. For example I remember there was a time that we had to start our buddychat with a - so that OHBot wouldn't pm us back.

Anyway. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
But, if you're not willing to find a compromise with the old ways, then don't complain that the old-timers never come to the cavern, anymore.

I don’t complain.

However, those bots have been sending messages to all their buddies almost from their creation; I find a bit questionable that people is noticing only now.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:30 pm 

As far as I'm concerned, I did notice and get annoyed at first because I had never interacted with that avatar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

adi wrote:
And well, they're bots. As clever or good coder as their owners may be, there will always be flaws. For example I remember there was a time that we had to start our buddychat with a - so that OHBot wouldn't pm us back.

True, but there was a technological limitation there that is not present in this case.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:02 am 

Are we still talking about that???

Get over it! And please please please EVERYONE stop saying: "Start doing what ME MYSELF & I did for this community and we will be able to talk!"

That's childish! I often said it in the past... no one here is superior or better or did more to this community than anyone else! Stop trying to value yourself with your own selfishness mind.

Would it be great if I go rant on all the topics here that: I made 160 & some published marker quests and that I won't talk to anyone unless they can do the same for the community!

:lol:

Do your stuff, live and let live the others around :D If you like their stuff, great! If you dislike them, great too but don't say they are unvaluable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:39 am 

This is exactly what I meant. Annabelle perfectly summarized my feelings.
Everyone realizes what he believes to be good for the cave. It pleases or does not please some. You can not please everyone. But at least, that everyone respects the work of others.
I have never criticized the work of anyone else in this game, so I'm asking you to do the same to me.

"Errare humanum est".
"L'erreur est humaine"
"to err is human"
Only those who do nothing, never make an error.
I'm not perfect but I do my best to do the best :D

I wish the moderator to close this topic.
The discussion is over for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mister Magic wrote:
I have never criticized the work of anyone else in this game, so I'm asking you to do the same to me. :arrow:

I'm not criticizing as much as providing feedback to help your bots improve. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:15 pm 

Quote:
I'm not criticizing as much as providing feedback to help your bots improve.

My comment was not directed to you OHB but those who criticize without knowing what they are talking about, just to market themselves.

I know you want help me. And I thank you for that :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Mister Magic wrote:
I always offered to send a message to all players via bots, for a limited time, to announce any major event in the cave.
Quote:
Sending a cavern wide message should not be used by explorers or bots.
What's the difference between sending a message to all buds with a script than send it to buds one by one ? The result will be the same but time to do it is shortened. I make it clear: to the buds and not to everyone. :wink:
This reply confuses me, greatly. First, you seem to indicate that you are capable and willing to send a message cavern wide to all players, but then say it's only to the buds and not to everyone. Do you not understand what cavern wide means or does the wink indicate that all players are on your bot's Buddies list?

Please, I do not believe that anyone should send a message cavern wide to all of the players and certainly not without Cyan's permission.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next