It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I try to always ask for something Mystish for Christmas...and this year. Gemedet!

I think my dad did a pretty good job just going from a description in a book...

Now to answer all the ?gemedwhat? questions I get from all the non-mystaholics who see it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ohhh, Congratulations, Renyaloth, to this noble, impressive and shiny Gemedet game!!! :P

Really an absolutely awesome job and generous Christmas gift, dear daddy of Renyaloth!!! :)

I was immediately reminded of a great Gemedet thread back in the days and I even found it ... Someone, actually Jutt, the OP of that thread, created and posted a PDF sheet for Gemedet to mark your moves on the board, which you could use to play the game with your dad or anyone else ... He even created a raw Gemedet app, which is still available to be downloaded ...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful gift and I wish you much much fun with playing this game and mastering the challenges it provides ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, he was really proud of what he had made after the initial "you want what?!?!! seriously?"

And thanks for the link I missed that one...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Beautiful realization of the concept, Reny...the clear levels and the lights make it practical, as I can imagine the interior of the thing could get quite dark otherwise. And I understand why it wasn't designed as a cube: each level must have enough space to get an adult hand to the center, yet it would have been a huge construction if it were as wide as it is tall.

Have you played many games on it yet? Imagining two advanced players who can block one another well, it seems it could be fairly easy at first, but could become quite complicated as the board filled out with more and more stones.
Visualizing the possibilities and strategizing one's next move could get very tricky, considering there are 729 holes in the board, and each player could use as many as 365 stones.... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Wow! Greatest. Dad. Ever.

That's amazing and beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Right now it just has small marbles but it was designed to use shooter marbles...I also have the tweezers or re’dantee to help get into those pesky center holes.

Word of advise to anyone was to make their own...definitely make the base spin (mine does)...it helps a lot when lining up the stones.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]