It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unwritten
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Leebro 1, 9671 DE 0:00:00:00 DT is coming...

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject: Re: Unwritten
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

...or, for the less D'nerdy amoungst us, Wednesday, May 27 @ 6pm PST (1)

That evening, Unwritten will go live on DriveThruRPG as a Pay What You Want pdf, and as a full colour 6x9 softcover! To celebrate we have a couple of events planned:

Celebration and Q&A in MystOnline Unwritten Neighborhood
May 27 @ 7pm PDT

Seattle Area Lauch Party
Around The Table Game Pub in Lynnwood Saturday, May 30 Noon-4pm
We're thrilled to be working with this family friendly Favorite Local Gaming Store to celebrate Unwritten's release into the wilds of the gaming world. Stop by and say Hi, pick up some swag, get in on a demo game run by Scott, and see what else this nifty store & community gaming center has to offer.
Around the Table is located at 7600 196th Street SW #300, Lynnwood, WA
G+ Event Page
FB Event Page

Q&A G+ Hangout
Sunday, May 31 @2pm PST
Join the team for a live G+ Hangout, where you can pick their brains about the game, the background, and all things Unwritten.
G+ Event Page

We hope you can join us for one of these events celebrating the completion & public release of Unwritten!

(1)For the Really D'nerdy, yes, that is 1 minute and some seconds after the actual time...

KI#00001498

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:08 am 
Obduction Backer

I will be sure to join one of those days mostly wed and and the Google hangout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:01 pm 

Blade and Eleri!! I saw "Unwritten" pop up last week as an Enworld "pick of the week". I'll admit I've been away from the D'niverse for a long time, but I remember when you were originally talking about this idea. So awesome, and congrats on getting it done - you and many others put a lot of work into this, I can tell!

Really too bad that I just logged in here and saw this post. I can walk to Around the Table from my house, and I would have stopped by for sure if I'd known about your game day. When do the adventure modules come out? (hint hint + lol)

Anywho, just wanted to stop by to wave and say thanks. Very very cool!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rils wrote:
Blade and Eleri!! I saw "Unwritten" pop up last week as an Enworld "pick of the week". When do the adventure modules come out? (hint hint + lol)

We were pretty thrilled about the Pick of the Week, too! Didn't get it published in time for this year's ENnies, (and looorrddiieee is GenCon expensive!) but that gives us a year to get people all excited for it.

1st suppliment should be out next week, but that's a sort of D'ni 101 for the Fate people. We should have a demo module out soon, too. There'll be a stack of suppliments that are characters and Ages after that.

KI#00001498

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:23 pm 

I've never done an actual tabletop RP campaign before, but I just bought this on a whim thinking that maybe it's about time to get into it!! (I've done some LARPing before, and a kind of unique freestyle RP that was more like co-writing a story in real time--but never any dice or DnD or anything like that.)

I'm really interested to see what this is like. Once I have a chance to go through it -- probably in a few weeks, since I ordered the print version -- I'll probably come back here to comment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

jameverywhere wrote:
I've never done an actual tabletop RP campaign before, but I just bought this on a whim thinking that maybe it's about time to get into it!! (I've done some LARPing before, and a kind of unique freestyle RP that was more like co-writing a story in real time--but never any dice or DnD or anything like that.)

I'm really interested to see what this is like. Once I have a chance to go through it -- probably in a few weeks, since I ordered the print version -- I'll probably come back here to comment.

Thank you for grabbing a copy!

I think you'll enjoy it- Unwritten has a lot of collaberative creativity built in, adn the mechanics are very flexible- one of the tenets of Fate is "Never let the dice get in the way of a good story."

Come back and tell us what you think :)

KI#00001498

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:44 pm 

I've been working my way through the book and I have to admit that I am well impressed so far. Things I especially like:

- All the fanart--it's clear that many different individuals collaborated on the artwork, and even the art that displays less technical skill shows a lot of heart put into it; I really appreciate all of it, it gives the book character
- Yay women characters all over the place! And racial diversity in the artwork and character examples! I've been a female nerd in male-dominated spaces for a long time and I can't tell you how important it is to me to come across a game book that doesn't treat racial diversity and women in general as an afterthought
- Book is reasonably good at explaining the fate system (it's a bit dense for me still, but I am 100% new to tabletop RPs so I'm sure it's much more understandable for folks who have some other games under their belt)

I haven't finished reading the whole thing yet because I've also started studying the Fate system in general first using a PDF from Evil Hat or whatever they're called. The Unwritten book does a decent job of explaining Fate, but studying multiple sources is helping me get my brain around it. I want to DM an Unwritten game someday, but for now I'm getting together with another friend who's going to DM a different Fate system game for a few of us (the game is unrelated to Myst, although my character personally is a non-combative character). I figure that I need some experience with the Fate system as a player first before I become a DM. I'm actually really excited about this game because it will be my first tabletop experience, but that's another story altogether ~

Speaking of, actually, I was wondering if anybody was running long-distance Unwritten games, either via chat/text/forums or Skype/google hangouts ... that kind of thing? I'd love to be a player in an Unwritten game, but only one of my local friends is familiar with more than the original Myst game and he's not up to playing Unwritten with me at the moment. Considering the Uru fandom is largely internet-based anyway, it seems like something that should exist, if it doesn't already. I can understand how time zones etc can create serious scheduling conflicts... clue me in if there's anything like that going on, though, I'd be interested in joining if at all possible!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey jameverywhere! There is indeed one Unwritten game already running over the internet, we got connected through the Unwritten G+ group, and we use Hangouts, with the Roll20 plugin... Pretty sure there might still be room for another, as long as you're willing to fit into the parameters we've already come up with. Just comment on the thread if you'd like! That is, this one : https://plus.google.com/+MichaelJCoffey/posts/SVnMXd53fvp

MOULa 2.0 KI - 01544785

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Yesyesyes, that G+ group is the happenin'ist place for Unwritten comraderie. https://plus.google.com/communities/105 ... 0139147797

And it isn't outside the realm of possibility that a game might break out in Uru, sometime, too.

KI#00001498

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:49 am 
Obduction Backer

If anyone has been interested in trying Unwritten, there's a demo game happening online as part of VirtuaCon this month: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cgqv ... J2X6qHR9wE

KI#00001498

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:11 pm 

Ok, I know it's an old thread.

I just wonder if anyone plays Unwritten online. I got a printed copy recently, mostly just for fun and because it's so beautiful. Would be lovely to try the actual game though. (sighs)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Annikki- We're going to be hosting a virtual game at November's AetherCon, and our G+ community is a good place to look for a game: https://plus.google.com/+Unwrittenrpg
I know there's been a few people asking about online games.

KI#00001498

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:30 pm 

Thanks Eleri. I can understand, this fandom is not exactly huge. It must be difficult for many to find like-minded people who'd live reasonably close, especially outside the US.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]