It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:07 am 

Ainia--thanks! I used several of those from Janaba's collection, and will probably use some of the others you posted eventually, as well.

UPDATE: The program is about 90% of the way complete. I should be done very soon! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am 
Obduction Backer

I just uploaded an incomplete article about the Bahro in the character section of my site, if you're interested. Still needs a lot of work, but it covers a fair bit as-is.

# 11308

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:13 am 

Cool! However, at the moment I'm not adding any more text prizes. I've already got a bunch, and they actually take the longest to add to the program--due to the fact that this particular software really doesn't like long string variables and I have to do some fancy stuff to get around that. I may add more in the future (post-release), but it's more likely that post-release prizes will be things other than text.

This thing is really just about done. I've got a few more prizes to program in, a sound effect to find and implement into the code, and a little bit of necessary functionality to add, and that's it. I think the last bit of work will only take an hour or two.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:53 am 
Obduction Backer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:19 am 
Obduction Backer

There’s an that allows Firefox to open and save in the .mht format :wink:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the .

MacOS , , , .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:51 pm 

Yeah, that site is pretty awesome, janaba. I've used 5 or 6 images from it, and, if people like the program enough that I decide to keep doing stuff with it, I'll probably use more.

I'll probably finish a beta version of the program today--I've only got an hour or two of work left to do, I think--if I don't get distracted playing Legend of Grimrock II, Mini-Ninjas, and Castle Crashers. darn that Steam Summer Sale...

EDIT: LOL, the forum automatically replaced the word I used with "darn." IDK why, but that makes me kind of happy inside...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

I borrowed one of her pictures too. ^_^

In my article about Gahreesen, I had a theory that the six ramps leading to Gahreesen II were retractable. While looking at some of the pictures janaba1 has up, I found one that shows the ramps retracted just as I thought they would. Just had to snag that one and add it to the article!

# 11308

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:41 am 

The beta version of this thing is DONE!!! Now I just need to upload it somewhere so that my beta testers can do their thing. Anyone know a good convenient place to upload a clean 22M zip file that includes an exe file?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:55 am 

Never mind, found a temporary solution for the testers.

Eventually, I'd like this to be hosted in a more permanent and secure place, though. Anyone willing to host it for me? It's a little over 20M in size.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Carl,

I can put it on allthingsuru.com if you like. The tricky bit will be getting the file there; we can see if emailing it as an attachment will work, though the size may exceed the cap of my ISP. Try Ainia at me dot com and see if you get any error messages and I'll see if your attachment arrives. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:28 pm 

Ainia--I actually can't email it. Gmail won't let me email an exe file or a zip file with an exe in it, apparently. But once it's been beta-tested, I'll send you the link to the temporary location so you can download it an re-upload it to your site. Thanks for being willing to host it! I'll probably put it in numerous places.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:41 pm 

Okay, beta testing is DONE! The testers found several bugs and suggested several changes to the design. Some time on Sunday or Monday, I'm going to try to fix up the program for actual release.

Ainia, are you still willing to host the program? If so, I'll send you a link to a temporary download URL once I fix the bugs.

I'm also going to start a NEW thread on these forums with the name of the program itself in the title, and a description in the first post. I thought about it, and realized that it would probably be best if the official thread after release is different from this pre-release design thread. Hopefully the moderators on these forums will be okay with me doing things that way. Most likely, I'll ask them to lock this thread at that point, since it will no longer serve a purpose.

Here's to me actually finishing something! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

There better be a feature that shows how dashing you are otherwise there will be disappointment :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:55 am 

No, no. My dashingness is self-evident. No need for mention of it in the program. :D