It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:58 pm 

Something was missing.

No matter how hard I tried I could not ignore a nagging feeling, as some would say…in my gut. Something was undone, something important.

I went back through my journals……

“The need, the desire to retrace those steps are why I have come to this place. I have spent months learning as much as I can about the comings and goings of those who come to this place. I long to find the way back up to the Cleft, through the tunnels. The way Ghen and Atrus came down. After hearing of Ghen, and his journey with young Atris to the city of the D’ni, I feel I have to retrace their steps.”

That was it!!!

I still have not completed my original adventure. I have been down in the Caves…up ,down around, over ,under, in ,out…but never THROUGH!!!

Now, with no boat, and no will to find and build one, I must start at the Cleft. That will make it much easier to follow. Can I steel my mind to not get side tracked?? I sincerely doubt it, but I will try.

I rummaged through my wardrobe and found my back pack. I had tossed it when I made it safely back from the past, and it was in need of serious refreshing. The backpack itself was too tattered to use, but I will keep it for memory’s sake. I had found that some things were not used, and decided to leave them out of the packing this time. All should go smoothly……right…??

After all…..I …know….the path…ya right!!!! I did keep a knife, and my rope, for I know myself, and my curiosity will be the death of me before anything else.

I clung to my map, determined to follow it and not get off course, for I had to accomplish this. I was driven.

A memory…..from when I had first learned of the D’ni some 16 years ago flitted through my dreams like a butterfly on a field of flowers.

I was at a train station, and the four featured destinations were all D’ni locations. There were four trains, very distinct from one another. I had not thought of this in years, what brought it to my mind now? I know I love Ercanna, and my recent trips through there stirred the thoughts of spending more time there…..but why the persistent thoughts?

I decided to head to Ercanna and see what was up…since my first trek through the Caverns, my dreams and random thoughts have all had significant meaning…why should I think this time to be any different?

I wandered through, and up to the Path of the Shell symbol….

DUH!!!!

I had been confusing Path of the Shell with Eders…the Eder door symbol, was not the Path of the Shell symbol!!!!!

Maybe this is why the nagging thoughts…something definitely was not right.

I walked …determined through the symbol….

Ercanna broke up pieces, and the mountains loomed in the distance……

and then

starry nothingness. I felt like I was suspended in space for hours…like falling from the Bahro caves…but not.

What had happened?

What was I going to find?
Where was I going to find myself?

I looked at my KI…blank…again.

Then, after what felt like 6 or more hours, I landed….hard…in a cave, with this one wall.

I could see through to…what I do not know. It was not really the typical floating symbol..it was on glass..ish. I walked up to it and touched the symbol. The wall changed to this….

Almost reminded me of the snowflakes I had encountered…it was a beautiful, symmetrical etch of black gold and silver circles…and when I touched it…my hand went through.

OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not planning on this…I was going to go to the Cleft,….I was going to retrace that path…that ever elusive PATH!!!!

Fine…I give up…one of these days I will make the trek from Cleft to City….but the adventurous spirit in me would not let that be today.

I walked through the pattern….

My Ercanna mountains stood at my feet, tall and looming…and….a train.

A Train??? From my dreams, from my age ideas….a digger,

The train that could go through?? through what>?? Rock?? Snow??

I settled in to find out what this could do. After wandering about I had no choice. There was nothing in this barren wasteland, no building, no place for shelter other than the train. I would freeze if I did not get this train working…soon.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:45 pm 

The cars of this train lead me to believe it was used to go through rock. With two engines pushing the front digger car, it has a lot of power behind it. I can not believe that it is just powered by coal though

There are coal cars, but I can not access them

The caboose is a living quarters of sorts, and I managed to get some heat on and find some warm clothes. I feel like a coal miner....

I decided to concentrate on getting at least one of the engines running. Something in the controls leads me to believe that they are not run by coal. They are very similar to the control room with the flat black surface I had encountered before. I went to the front car, and settled at the controls there. It seemed that there were three sets here, to run each of the engine type cars, whereas the other two engine cars just had one set of controls.

I set my hand on the surface...nothing. Why?

It was smooth, and as black as the other surfaces...maybe I needed to remove the glove.

I held my hand to the surface...I had expected it to be cold...It was not.

A scale appeared beside the black surface, and the thermostat slowly crept up.....-7....4.....16....27....32....35,36...36.5, 36.6, and then when it was at body temperature, I heard gears grind, and felt a slow motion of the wheels on the track...

I was moving!!!!

But to where??

At this point I really did not care, I was glad that something, for once, was rather simple. I rode down the track, through the snowy cold landscape. I rode for a while, and my hand began to get a cramp. Every time I took my hand off the pad I would slow down. I wondered if the other two cars, with someone at the controls, made the train go faster. It would make sense, for I could feel that I was pulling a heavy load...and the digger was not spinning. Since I had no way to test my theory, I was content to slowly rumble down the tracks.....until this....

NO WAY. I was not going to go into that tunnel without checking it out first.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:53 pm 

NO WAY!!!!

I took my hand off the panel and slowed to a stop.

It did not take me long to decide to walk through the tunnel and see what was in there..or on the other side. I walked through the icy coldness, shivering at every step, partially from the cold, but mostly from fear. I noticed the tunnel, as it turned pitch black, get warmer. I walked for nearly an hour in almost total darkness, afraid to turn on a light for fear of what I would see. I saw a dim light ahead..the exit to the tunnel. As I came out I was awed with the beauty of an over grown forest, with a rocky cliff on either side of the train tracks.

Should I go back and get the train? I turned to look back at the tunnel I had exited.

[

Nope.

I have no desire to walk through that darkness again. I will have to explore and see what is here first. Ahead the track flowed through a greenery of splendor. It was quiet...too quiet.
[

In all of this greenery there should be some life. Birds should be singing....

Okay, now I have sufficiently creeped myself out. Why was it so quiet?? I had no explanation, but I was going to enjoy the quiet and beauty of this tunneled track.

I finally exited the over growth to a rocky, overgrown cliff. The train track curved around several twists
[]

and then exited to this abandoned train car.
It was completely overgrown and dilapidated, but still so beautiful.

[]

The warming temperatures prompted the removal of the warm clothes I had donned in the engine train car, and so I decided to leave them in this caboose train for safe keeping. I would need them if I were to take this trek back to the train engine.

Up to this point nothing seemed Dn'i ish. ...except for the initial fact that I had linked here, I would think I was any where on earth. As I went into the caboose I was met with a shock.The inside was immaculate and clean, and new. had I stepped back in time??? again???
[

I looked out the windows, but could see....nothing. Although bright sunshine filtered through the windows, when I looked out all I could see was white nothingness.
[

So...now what?????

I realized how tired I was, and although I was in puzzlement over my situation I decided that this was as good of a place as any...better than most, to get some sleep. I found a pillow, a foam mat, and some blankets in the seat storage, made a bed and lay down for a much needed sleep.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:53 pm 

Dreams...fitful, detailed dreams kept me from getting much rest. The same places I had just been through, except they were new, bright, alive. Like the inside of this caboose. I am wondering if I need to do something to make it so...wonder....the clothes I had brought from the engine train with me into the caboose......

I had to test my theory. I took the clothes, and went out of the caboose. I left the clothes back on the track, and went into the caboose....

It was as I would have expected in the first place...old, rundown.

So.............having something from the beginning of the trek down the tracks, changed things here, but as I compared the changes, I noticed...it was as if the old was renovated, not like the new looking was original. So bringing the train through will..."renovate" this area??? How is that for quick gardening and landscaping? I have to try my theory.

I went back through the tunnels...almost at a run. I shone a small light at my feet to see where I was going, but dared not look around. The train has a light...I will be able to see, as I come through in the safety of the train....but what will i see??? What differences will there be?

This time...I WANT to change things.....because of my dream I feel I must.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:24 pm 

I positioned myself at the controls and the train moved oh so slowly, but I started through the tunnel….It was not at all as I expected.

There was no hint of either end’s landscape. It was just a lit, cement-like tube…but as I rode the train through I did feel the temperature rise, to match the warmer climate on the other side.

When I exited the tunnel, I could see the change immediately. Things were not overgrown and wild, and the birds flitted through the trees.

I went to the place where the train car had stood, and there it was..in pristine condition, with the inside as immaculate as I had seen it.

With all of the activity I found myself tired, and I wanted to take a nap, but my curiosity to explore this area, was too much to ignore

I followed the track for about an hour, and then as I rounded a bend, the scene changed….fall foliage covered the trees, and the ground was colored with fallen leaves, also the birds had stopped singing. I decided that the hour walk back to the train was too much. I wanted to see what lay ahead without the changes that could come with bringing the train through. I continued to walk on.

The way became disheveled again, old, and broken. Should I go back?? No…I wanted to see what this place looked like, in it’s present condition. I kept walking…hoping for some place to take a rest soon, as I was getting very tired. I passed a few paths that led off the track. I would have to explore them!!!

Then…..the scene before me changed at the next bend……to a vast open field….fall fell away, and a storm brewing on the horizon that loomed far in the distance.

Nothing to be seen for miles and miles….No way there was a place to get any rest. I decided to take one of the paths that led off the tracks.

This path led through a beautiful arbor of sorts, and then came out at a small lake.

A plank bridge spanned the water and led to a small cabin. Oh good, a place to rest!!! Putting aside any thought of danger, any fears, for everything seemed quiet, and peaceful, I headed to the cabin……..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:43 pm 

If you know me at all, you know what the scream was all about.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......and the yell could have continued, for what seemed to be an endless amount of time....I was falling....Before I got to the cabin the walkway and cabin disappeared and I fell away, into nothingness. It was like when I was looking out of the new caboose windows. Was it that I had ventured too far into the old setting, and I had not gotten the train through with me to do a reset???

I may never know, but I finally 'landed', if you can call it that. It was more like I linked...and was standing here...looking at this odd building/rock..umm..what was this???
It looked to be carved out of a solid boulder, and it sat all alone on the crest of this hill. I walked around it from a distance. No sound was heard, and no sign of life. I finally mustered the courage to venture up and peek in a window. No one. I tried the door that was at the backside of the 'house', and it made a noise like a mill stone grinding grain, as it, being stone as well, slid over the threshold. To my right was this set of stairs, that went to the small tower I saw from the outside.

It was also carved out of the stone, with wood steps added on top, and wooden handrails inset to the stone wall.From the tower I could see down into the valley...and what a valley!!!

It was right out of a story!!!But opposite to this 'house' it was full of life....I had seen someone go into the far cottage, and the sheep grazed on the hillside. I could hear voices, and could smell cooking...oh...I was hungry!!!!

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:30 pm 

I dare not venture over the hill....besides not knowing if my presence will change things, I do not know what those changes could be. he changes could be devastating. I decided to explore the inside of this rock house.
That was when I discovered this......Books....many of them..... and all D'ni!!!...but not just that...they were all linking books. Two led to the trains environments I had already been through, one led to the sheep hill I had seen from the tower. Most led to beautiful, restful looking spots, and two more led to two other trains that I had not yet seen.

So.....did I stumble on a separate link to these worlds?? Which one was original?? It would seem that they were meant to be found individually, but that some point in time they had been linked, by those engineered tunnels////but by whom?

I looked at the other two train environments that I had not yet been through, on the train.

..I had left winter, and rode through to summer....I walked through to fall......mmmmmmmmmmmmm......which of the trains is the fall train?? Or are they even seasonal. I guess I should not assume that they are, for neither of them look fallish....and the one...has the Eder symbol..but it seemed an impossibility...how?? and if I did go there...how would I get out??? Except through an Eder symbol that seems to be hovering...will it take me back to Er'canna???

Although the other train looked to be quite old and inoperable, it looked to be the safer of the two choices...if I were to go there at all.

Maybe I should just go back and ride the train through and see where I end up...but how do I go back???

Wait....I saw a book with that cabin....could I simply go back that way???

I opened the book....

There was the cabin...exactly where I had been before I took one too many steps and fell.................so, if I go back.................

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:27 pm 

Yes, I must go back. I will know how to get here again if the need arises, plus, if I ride the train all the way through, I will change things…and maybe the things I see in those books will be what are in the environments I go to with the ride through the train. Oh my!! THIS IS GETTING CONFUSING!!!

So back I go….Image

and here I am..now to step back………..

Okay good. I made my way back through the area to the waiting train. It was as I had left it. Placing my hand on the panel I powered her up and headed down the track. I passed through to the fall foliage, but it was alive with birds, and all sorts of flying bugs. I stayed the course and let the train rumble on through the countryside until I came to another precise tunnel…the same as the other, and oh soooooooooooooo boring…..

I mean, I like adventure, and I like to get my adrenaline rushing a bit, but this all has my adrenaline frozen!!!

I exited the tunnel to the smell of wild flowers, a fresh cool breeze, and ………

my hillside village….it was spring, and the baby sheep frolicked with through the fields.

It was the village I saw from the tower of the stone house, but there was no sign of the stone house. The track rambled through the area, and the sheep paid it little attention. I saw a farmer lift his gaze as I rambled by….I waved…..

HE WAVED BACK!!!!

They can see me, and they are not afraid!!??

Should I stop the train?

Are they expecting the train to stop?

It does not seem so. The farmer went back to his work and never paid me any more mind.

I rode on……hesitant to disrupt things, and feared to make a mistake.

The track left the village, and rumbled up through the rocky hillside.

The area looked familiar. It was the rocky ledges that I saw in the book, with the train stuck on a rock outcropping…..I slowed. In the picture there was an Eder symbol.

I looked back through my pictures, and tried to judge the time of day that the symbol is visible. The shadow is half way up the mountains with the eastern wall facing me, so it must be mid afternoon. It was 11;20 am…I had some time. I stopped the train at the spot, as close as possible that I saw the train in the book….and waited.

Where would I exit?

Would I go back to Ercanna?

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 pm 

I wandered around and around the train…and stopped numerous times to stare at the spot the link should show….All I really wanted to do was go back to the Cleft…and follow the path of Ghen and Atrus!!

Was that really too much too ask??

I love a good adventure, but the feeling like there was something,or SOMEONE!!! attempting to KEEP me from my mission was too much to ignore.

Every time I would get close….every single time….. I was met with a curve ball!

That was beginning to be crystal clear.

Then I heard the sound……

I made a mad dash for the symbol that appeared. …just as I figured it would…..

and linked…..

I landed in Er’cana, but it was as if I had never been here. There was no sign of the symbol that I had passed through…and no sign of buds on my KI. I had to check other things…..
My Hood…
I was no longer a member of Cavern Events Hood.
It was a brand new hood.
I have to find out what is going on.

So people know me…but there seems to have been two other avies lurking around….but they were me..but I have no remembrance of them…
.NancyGrace and AngelMystII…I will have to see what is up with them….
I explored the whereabouts of the two avis.....aforementioned.....they are no where to be found...they seem to have poofed when I came back from my adventures....good..one of me is enough!!

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:36 pm 

"A memory…..from when I had first learned of the D’ni some 16 years ago flitted through my dreams like a butterfly on a field of flowers."

The memory...the memory....was not.
It would seem all was a dream.
I was, right as I was, before I went through the symbol in Er'cana.

So..................I must try again.
I MUST GET THROUGH!!!

KI #03313934