It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

That may be a temporary game glitch, Carl. The KI system has been known to not update dynamically. Exit and restart the game, and see if he's on your list.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:17 pm 

Carl U Palmner wrote:
Deck 15--I'm having trouble adding you to my buddy list. The KI keeps telling me "PLayer added", but there's no one new on the list and no one on my list has your KI#. I dunno why it won't let me add you. However, you can get the marker mission from Magic Bot--instructions on how to do this are in the manual, as well as on the florestica download site.

Oh for the love... Looks like I never updated my KI number in my signature with my new number. My fault. Try again?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:02 am 

Carl U Palmner wrote:
Out of curiosity, has anyone managed to...

...find the elusive #47?
...unlock the Mystery Picture in the gallery?
...be recognized as a "KIQuest Champion"?

Me! :mrgreen:

Now I'm recognized as a KIQuest Champion as well! :D

I really enjoyed your game. If you provide other games like that I'm in for sure!

---

And for the mystery around the marker #5, I have no idea why?!?

So if you run a fast PC, you might have to slow down your PC using huge amount of internal resources or try to stop temporarily some processors (It can be done with no harm, search Internet to know how).

I succeeded easily with my slow PC, an old machine from 2007, a dual-core PC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:15 am 

Congrats, Anna, on becoming the first recorded KIQuest Champion! :D

I'd like to add more marker missions and more rewards, but first I need to wait and see if this is something the community is interested in. So, to those who've enjoyed KIQuest: Spread the word! Give the marker mission to anyone interested and tell them where to download the program. If it looks like a lot of people would enjoy more, then I'll probably make more.

As for marker #5...yeah, I'm not sure why you were having trouble. I tested it just now on my computer--not state-of-the-art, but no clunker either (I can play The Witcher 3 on medium settings, for example). Anyway, I was able to get the marker just fine on the first try, so I'm not sure what the problem was on your computer. Weird.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:56 am 
Obduction Backer

I tried getting #5 too, and didn't have any problems. Well, no problems other than banging my nose on an invisible wall the first time I tried. :oops:

Of course, my PC isn't exactly a powerhouse.

There's a shorter address for my site, although some people have problems with it not redirecting properly. It's http://rel.to/hpotd. There's a link to the KIQuest page up near the top of the home page.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
And for the mystery around the marker #5, I have no idea why?!?

Annabelle, It's because you were thinking like a skydiver IMHO. I sent you a KI message about it. I had absolutely no trouble in attaining that marker.
Carl, this is a great game. Even if folks just want to do the Marker Mission part it is superb. Thank you so much for your hard work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:52 am 
Obduction Backer

I had no problem with 47 (I fall in there all the time... :D ), however, I still can't find 39 or 48...I must be stupid :oops:

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:11 am 

BTW, I got the game. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi, Carl, I just wanted to congratulate you and to mention that this game is just wonderful! ... What a great idea and welcome change resp. challenge and gift for all! ... :P

I didn't complete my journey yet since the latest wipe and thus I didn't complete my initial marker missions, but I've downloaded the KIQuest and looked into it and all the options and gifts and how you implemented all of this, I just find that so nice and lovely of you ... and there's a great PDF manual, and the UI is even skinnable, I love the green skin btw ... I also tried to use the KIQuest on the Gehn Shard, the Minkata Shard and my Uru Offline version, but that didn't work lol ... :)

However, awesome job, Carl, and yeah, I think the community wants and should have more of that lol ... :D

Edit: I just looked in the OP again and found that the mission isn't included in that program lol, so one needs to receive the mission by you or a bot ... Ooohhh, then of course the app couldn't work on the other shards ... Ok, got it lol ... and no, I do not urgently need that quest now lol, I just wanted to look into the mechanics, means to see how it works when in action ... Thanks, however ... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for making the new game. This sounds fun!

Please send sky6 KI# 00790334 a mission.

--sky6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:06 am 

Well, I've found all but 5 of the markers so far (even found #47 :)). Still missing 39, 50, 59, 63, and 64 (I'm probably just very un-observant :)).

One correction to the images in the program

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The image in the first page, second row, second column is J'nanin, not Edanna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:53 am 

Hi Carl...

I've so far just found a few Markers, and will go hunting for more...
But I already think... this is a Great Game Concept! Very clever way
to put in some additional stuff (a story, a puzzle or anything else, as
there might not be any limitations?) and make it Interactive in a way!

I'd also of course like to know if you wish to share this game concept,
or app... so others can do some similar kind of games?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:37 am 

Sky - logging in and sending it to you now.

Re: future content--people seem to be enjoying this, so I'll probably add more to KIQuest. I'm not going to say exactly what, because I don't know yet. I have a lot of different ideas, and which one I like most changes regularly. But I will almost definitely add something more--in fact, it's likely there will be several updates over the next month or so.

Re: the mistaken title in the gallery--yeah, unfortunately I didn't catch my error until I'd already released this thing. I'll fix that in the next release.

I guess the next step is to set up an official website for this thing, since there's going to be multiple versions and that would be the easiest way to keep things current and updated. Anyone got any suggestions on that front? I'd rather not spend money if I can avoid it, and since I'm not a web design guy, something really user-friendly would be preferable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:28 pm 

Just letting everyone know--I'm staying with my parents during the month of July, and have just discovered that their internet connection is not really conducive to playing Uru. This means I won't be able to give out the marker game personally. But you CAN still get the game--either from a player who already has it or from Magic Bot. Instructions on how to get it from Magic Bot are in the manual. It's very easy and if you don't know anyone else playing KIQuest, that may be the best way to get the game.

I'll probably add some more stuff to KIQuest during the next month or so, but I don't know if I'll be able to upload the updates, or start a KIQuest website during that time. So new KIQuest stuff might not be available until August--we'll see.

In the meantime, keep enjoying the game! If you're having trouble finding markers, check with friends for hints or even play it as a team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I finally completed the quest....That was pretty evil :twisted: of you Carl to put that final puzzle in there...lol...Totally enjoyable and can't wait for the next one....Have fun with your parents

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422