It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

great game Carl U Palmner ! 3rd day of playing it and just one marker left to be found :) thanks for the fun and we definitely want more. as much and whenever possible. 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am also now a KIQuest Champion!!!!

Thanks so much Carl. Loads of fun!

--sky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:15 am 

I'm very glad that people are enjoying KIQuest! I was hoping to make new additions to it and release more versions of it, and that still might be a possibility, but it also might not. Let me explain what I mean and what I intend to do about it like this:

I realized the moment that I moved to a new city and started a teaching job that KIQuest would not be updated as often as I had planned. My free time continues to fall into a starry expanse of uncertainty, of which I have only a fleeting glimpse. I have tried to speculate on when I might have time to add the things I want to add, but I must admit that such conjecture is futile. Still, questions about the future of KIQuest are unsettling to me. I know I might never have the time or energy to add a single new thing, and so I'm going to OPEN-SOURCE the entire project for anyone to add whatever they want to it, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written.

Details on how that will work: KIQuest is written and built in the free game-creation software Adventure Game Studio. The only way to add things to KIQuest is to use Adventure Game Studio to modify the uncompiled project file, which does involve scripting. The good news is that AGS is actually pretty easy to learn (and free), and it does a wonderful job teaching you how to use the scripting language while you're doing it. In fact, that's how I made KIQuest--I learned how to do each new thing as I came to it, and then did it. And I am not a programmer. Modders will be able to add their own graphics, new Marker games, new rewards, and even entirely new features (mini-games, additional panels, whatever you want to do).

Also, I will make myself available as a resource to anyone who is interested in modding KIQuest. Explaining things and/or giving advice is far less time-consuming than actually adding to KIQuest myself.

I honestly have no idea if anyone will want to mod this. Post here or message me if you're interested, so I know. If people are interested, I'll put the source files up on the interwebs somewhere. I'll also do a quick write-up to explain how the program flow of KIQuest works and what each function does.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:26 am 
Obduction Backer

This is wonderful, Carl!!! Congratulations to your new home and job and thus your new life!!! ... :P

It is very thoughtful and generous to care enough for what you've started, and what so many now cherish and are enjoying very much, to hand it all over and to provide the opportunity for the continuation of the fun, and it seems that it doesn't take experts to accomplish this ... :)

I wish you the best of luck, fulfillment and fun in your new life and adventure, Carl, and for everybody wanting to continue with more KIquests, maybe soon someone will embrace the opportunity, accept the challenge and just do it ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

happy to announce that kirk and i are now both KIQUEST CHAMPIONS 8) :D

P.S. best of luck to you Carl in your new endeavors. hope you will find some time to make new updates to the quest. we really enjoyed it.