It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

okay I know it kind of silly to ask this but it might be confusing for others to. Can you describe the difference between

1.Fan content
2.Dirt Project
3.The Intangibles

the reason I ask is it little confusing how these things fit in together.

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:28 am 
Obduction Backer

zeke3651 wrote:
okay I know it kind of silly to ask this but it might be confusing for others to. Can you describe the difference between

1.Fan content
2.Dirt Project
3.The Intangibles

the reason I ask is it little confusing how these things fit in together.

thanks

Easy as pie:

1. Fan content - is anything developed by a member of the community for inclusion into MOUla and the fan run shards.

The Intangibles - is a group of fans within the community that are working on a pipeline to get fan content into the official MOULa server. (The pipeline is just a simple term thats been used to describe the mechanism/mechanics that will allow for content to come from the fans, get to Cyan hands, be tested through OpenUru, then added to a Cyan test server before finally being added to the MOULa shard via the nexus/library age so that you, as a player will be able to access whatever ages Cyan decides to incorporate into the official server.)

In addition to the pipeline, the Intangible's are also working on and with most of the ages that were on the DRC Restoration list prior to the shutdown of MOUL. Its important to note that the Intangible's however are not "finishing" the ages for Cyan. Rather we are being allowed by Cyan to work on these ages and use the designs/assets of them in whatever way we so choose for MOULa. Meaning that we do not have to stick to Cyan's original goals and plans for those ages if we do not want to. However the group has decided that, the ages that did have plans/goals and a detailed original design plan to them we are going to complete as close to Cyan's original vision for them as we can. We are doing this so that they will be as close to what we believe Cyan intended for the ages/story that is possible, so that someday you our fellow fans will think of them as "the real" version of say Kalamee or Kahlo, or Noloben etc.

DIRT - is a projected started by myself way back in 09..perhaps even earlier, can't really recall at the moment. At the time it was just, "Get a full version of Descent into Uru and move the starting point of MOULa to a multiplayer cleft enviornment". Eventually the projected evolved to encompass redesigning large portions of the game, and the way it plays to be closer to DIRT then to Uru. Hence the project became known as "DIRT - Uru Live" and the idea moved from just the simple concept to creating an entire shard that would stand out as completley unique from the other shards, including MOULa. The concept expanded to include various ages from Myst V to be included, as well as fan content that would seamlessly be added to the game. A multiplayer starting point, repeatable content, and even the live story element from MOULa. At the time the team working on DIRT was small, myself and two other people. Eventually one of them left and it just settled down to two of us, around this time Cyan reached out to us in the community to work on the Intangible's. In addition, since many of the ages that I was now working on was to be included into DIRT, as myself and the everyone else in the Intangibles work on those ages, DIRT gets to move forward a bit more too because much of the heavy development work will be done via Intangibles, and stuff thats only meant for DIRT I can work on in my spare time.

And for those curious, the name Intangibles came from the name of the folder of assets that Cyan gave to us prior to releasing some of it to the community last year at Mysterium. The folder's name was "Myst Online Intangible Assets" and we decided to call ourselves the Intangibles.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:02 am 

Chloe Rhodes can i get DIRT: Uru Live in his stage please? Will it be try please.

Code:
A3'9UR4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Any new updates on DIRT? Would love to see a new tumblr post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

thanks for the clear up on this it was quite confusing there.