It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: WIP Age preview !
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:53 pm 

Hey everybody. Here is a small preview teaser of my work-in-progress Age for you. Because, you know, Christmas time, etc :D

Image ← Click the image !

It's all in-game Uru recording (well, most of it :) ). Still needs a lot of work, but maybe someday it will be a fully functional Age for you to explore ! You know how these things go: patience is the key.

The video was made by my brother, who did a great job of putting together all the clips and choosing the soundtrack to go with it. He's also the one who's been bugging me about making a trailer in the first place, so huge thanks to him !

We both hope you enjoy it ! Feel free to post any remark or suggestion you have - this always helps to improve and gives me motivation to keep going !

Post subject: Re: WIP Age preview !
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi again, Sirius, I've just commented to this awesomeness on the GOW forums, and I'm gladly cross-posting what I've just said over there again ... :D

Quote:
Wow!!! Sirius!!! What is that??? ... :P

This looks like a trailer for a blockbuster movie!!! ... This is just absolutely fascinating, captivating and intriguing ... The awesome voice, the soundtracks and of course the impressive scenery and interesting story being hinted at, and to think of that being even realized in the old honorable Uru environment ... really, very impressive ... 8-)

Kudos and congratulations to you, Sirius and your awesome brother, who put this all together exquisitely, and thanks for sharing this with us, what a wonderful surprise ... :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:57 pm 

Well, that got my attention! :33

This is amazing work (Both the Age and the Video!)! Reminds me of a fusion of Ahnonay and Riven, in terms of aesthetics.

I liked the Doctor Who narration too. Very fitting! I felt like that episode was very Myst-inspired when I watched it, and I like that it seems to have inspired this new Age too, just a bit! The cycle continues~ ^U^

I can't wait to see more of this age- and Explore it in person, one day! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just saw your video, very nice and interesting! :D

[url=http://myst-aventure.com][img]http://myst-aventure.com/-grover/image/sig-moul.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://ufo-3d.fr][img]http://ufo-3d.fr/ufo-3d-350x75.png[/img][/url] [url=https://polystudio.shop]PolyStudio[/url] MAhmtee Bevin KI #123057

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very clean and elegant design work, Sirius!

Nice to know that there is yet another large Age project in the works out there.
I'm aware of over a dozen ambitious Ages that are all in active development. Though every one of them is still many many months - or years - from release, all have been in ongoing development for over a year. All of them have had slack periods, but none are being abandoned and each is carried forward as time permits.

I mention this just to encourage the URU community that there are good things in the works out there. Lots of people are putting in enormous amounts of volunteer time, all around the world. If you think it's tough to remain patient while waiting for these projects to be completed, imagine how frustrating it must be for the developers when they have to set their creative endeavors on the back burner for days, weeks or months!

Persevere, Sirius!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:25 pm 

Speechless.........well almost
It looks great, you guys set the bar pretty high for some of us amateurs quality wise,
But at least they'll never be a shortage of wonderful examples to inspire us.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:38 am 

Thank you very much, everyone ! :D

Calumon wrote:
I liked the Doctor Who narration too. Very fitting! I felt like that episode was very Myst-inspired when I watched it, and I like that it seems to have inspired this new Age too, just a bit! The cycle continues~ ^U^
Actually, I didn't watch this episode yet - my brother did. I only finished the Before the Flood episode, but I'm impatient to see the next ones ;)

Emor wrote:
I mention this just to encourage the URU community that there are good things in the works out there. Lots of people are putting in enormous amounts of volunteer time, all around the world. If you think it's tough to remain patient while waiting for these projects to be completed, imagine how frustrating it must be for the developers when they have to set their creative endeavors on the back burner for days, weeks or months!
Indeed. It's even more frustrating when you badly want to improve your Age, and yet you're out of new ideas. In which case you have no other choice but to stop for a while.
This happens a lot at the beginning of building, but after a while it's less frequent (at least in my case). So right now I still have enough ideas for a good while :)
And even when you have something nice in the modeling program (in this case Blender), it doesn't mean it will show up correctly in Uru. For instance, I had to code a Blender plugin to handle light and shadows in this Age, otherwise there wouldn't be any shadow at all o.o (this was before I switched from PyPRP to Korman, which can now do it on its own - although I still prefer my own script for this task).

Karkadann wrote:
It looks great, you guys set the bar pretty high for some of us amateurs quality wise,
But at least they'll never be a shortage of wonderful examples to inspire us.
Well, quality wise any Fan-Age can still boast better textures :) but I'm glad that the models, design and lighting make up for it :D
And I would be delighted if just this video is enough to inspire someone, or even attract new people to Age building !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

The voice over for the video is a very lovely poetic description of death as a concept. Who was the narrator, and did you write that, or is it from somewhere else?

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:54 pm 

larryf58 wrote:
The voice over for the video is a very lovely poetic description of death as a concept. Who was the narrator, and did you write that, or is it from somewhere else?

I can answer that--- it's Peter Capaldi, the actor currently playing 'Doctor Who'. It's taken from an episode called "Heaven Sent" -- which a lot of people have noticed, is similar in theme to a puzzle-type video game-- some have even compared it to Myst--- as the Doctor finds himself trapped in a mysterious tower.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:39 am 

Sirius wrote:
Thank you very much, everyone ! :D

Calumon wrote:
Actually, I didn't watch this episode yet - my brother did. I only finished the Before the Flood episode, but I'm impatient to see the next ones ;)

Ah, well, your brother made quite the appropriate choice in using that quote, then. :33