It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:43 am 

The adventures in me would not be stopped.

After the thaw, and the ages returning to somewhat normalcy, I had a hard time getting back to the Cavern. Every time I would visit, there seemed to be something missing.

Today, as I walked thru the City....all alone, except for a couple sleepy visitors, I had the unmistakable feeling that I was being followed. I hid...dodged, and ducked , to get a view of who was creeping me out.

Then....I saw him.

" You give up fast Angel....I thought for sure you would find my path easily....but instead, you found many of my hidden gems. You still have one more gem to find.

Ghen!!!

"What, are you doing here? You are dead......long dead, your corpse is dust, blown in  the wind. I must be day dreaming.....you are not here!"

" Oh, I'm here......the Caverns are my roaming ground...every time you hear a Bahro cry, I am not far away. You, however, are why I am here today....you quit on me.....I wanted you to find my path. There are things to be discovered that only you will find....you have found much, but there is one...as I said....one more gem."

" Your gems almost killed me!"

"No...you were never in any real danger...perceptions are just that....not reality.

GO....seek....go to where you started, you will find what you need to continue the journey. I need you to find one more thing. "

With that he was gone....like Mal off the map, he just poofed.

Where did I start? So many journies?

I started with building my boat.....Ferry Terminal???

No....down the cliffs behind the library....that's where I really started...that's where the fire started, the drive to seek.

Dare I trust Ghen??

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:02 am 

I decided I had very little choice ….I had to find out what GEM he was talking about.

I took a couple days to get my gear in order. I headed down behind the library, fully expecting my boat to be there….but, it was not.

“Why am I surprised, this is Ghen I am dealing with”

I was ready to climb back up, when I saw it…a little note.

MY PATH…NOT YOURS.

Ghen.

Ghens path started in Cleft. Ill have to change my gear a bit.

I got rid of the things I would have needed in my boat, and added more food, then I headed to Cleft.

I am surprised that the DRC, or its counterpart, has never done something with getting this entrance either sealed or made safe and open to the public. It would be about time for the world to know of the Dn’i….their story needs to be told. More than just a few brave explorers need to know of this place. With all the advances, we could make the Cavern thrive again

The entrance was as I left it. A few blue flowers were struggling in the heat. I could totally empathise with them. I picked a bad day to start. It was 108 degrees…but it would be cool soon enough.

I wandered the slightly familiar path, through the’wormhole’ as Ghen had called it, down the steep slope, thankful the floor was dry. I came to the Well…a perfect circle, with blackness that could be felt beyond it. I stood on the narrow ledge, and envisioned young Atrus, standing here with Ghen…..when I heard it.

“So, you have decided to listen to me….I knew that your curiosity would not be denied.”

“Ghen!”

“Well, yes, and no…..I am the same Ghen you encountered in the Cavern, but I am really in your imagination. Along the journey, when you are in exact spots I have been…if you stop and contemplate, I will be here. I really want to help you…I want you to follow my exact path….there is something you must find.”

With that he was gone. So I am to have a guide of sorts.

Again I ask myself the question.

Dare I trust Ghen?

KI #03313934