It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:45 am 

I watched a movie about Yellowstone national park being a dormant super volcano. The movie was based on lots of factual research on Yellowstone.

In that movie they talked about the dormant volcano. As I watched it, it made me start to think about a URU movie. Yea I know what your thinking, but I'm not talking about a MYST movie. I'm talking about URU movie thats more like a documentory. Where DRC members would be interviewed and even Zandi could be interviewed. Even some people known as the called could talk about why they are there.

Everything thats happened in URU could be added also.

If done right it might make a interesting movie and with special effects these days just imagine the great zero or the city in a movie like that.

I know its just wishful thinking, but I've been seeing alot of reallife things being made into movies and lots of video games have been made into movies(most weren't all that great). Its just to bad that the URU story can't be told in a movie. well atleast not yet :wink:

Maybe some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:08 am 

It would make a great primer for new players.

'Oh, Thaddeus...!" -- Cora Templeton Massingale (still, very drunk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

whilst i think the DRC would be brilliant personally a documentary of this kind created by explorers would be an excellent thing to do. anyone serious about getting this working ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Great Tree has begun production on "The Story of the Great Tree", documenting events of the first restoration as captured by various chatlogs. Look for us in the Cavern beginning next week. We'll be the ones running around with cameras re-enacting key events. We'll be working on this project for the remainder of the year until D'ni is officially re-opened during the holidays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:39 pm 

I agree, would be a great primer and kickoff to the new "activity" in the cavern. Summarize all of the relevant backstory...indicate what the current situation is after three years, etc. Hope they (DRC) think about doing this.

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:45 am 

I've always wanted to see something like that, but I never actually thought about what would happen if they put it in documentary form. That's a great idea!

Also, keep in mind something like that, if marketed to the non-myst audience, (or, insane as it sounds, if it actually got onto television) could skyrocket the number of people interested in Myst, and, hopefully, the number of people interested in subscribing to Uru Live. If pitched right, it could even be presented to Cyan as an elaborate PR and marketing tactic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:27 pm 

Hyper-reality TV...!

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

hi, :P

this is an absolutely great idea !!!
they put all stuff in movies, but we have a great storyline that would be of interest to many, many people.... just like titanic, lara croft and so on....
there are awesome novels where a great movie could be made of and of course documentations would be formidable, too...
i wonder why our friends of cyan didn't get this idea yet, or did they...???
i am new to this forum and i am german, so my english is not as good as yours, but i immediately had to reply to this post, so that the world see that this idea doesn't have to remain in a state of "just" a dream...

lovely greetings

jana :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

The story of URU Prologue will be told.

Special Mysterium-Weekend Preview
http://marten.treeweasel.com/UntilUru/u ... e_0001.wmv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Marten wrote:
The story of URU Prologue will be told.

Special Mysterium-Weekend Preview
http://marten.treeweasel.com/UntilUru/u ... e_0001.wmv

wow, this is wonderful!!! marten, :D

i answer here directly to your direct answer and not in the new thread for that topic. i am surprised to read so many news everyday in this forum. very nice.
i immediately went to the greattree-site to read more about what happened. inside the game you only find some diary notes and hints about the occurences and for me it was just a game... wonderful, but a game...
i read the stories of brian and daedalus and some of the chat logs and i am very much impressed what you all have gone through... very deep feelings and experiences... deep philosophical conversations, sooo real...
now i understand the energy in this forum and the relationships and everything inbetween that i feel when i am here... very nice...
thank you, marten, for your answer and the beautiful preview and i love to often come back to look for more news about the upcoming films and uru live and so on...
wish you all the best

jana :)