It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Paah'kweh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:02 pm 

If you wrote Paah'kweh give a shout here or fire off a PM so we can get in contact.

Several of us are looking at the Age and a few making notes to pass back, in the worst case we will fire off our notes via the ULM site. It's a great little Age and I for one would like to see what it may grow into.

MustardJeep [GoMa] - Supporter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:02 pm 

Yes, it was pretty good. I especially liked the textures as they looked a LOT more like something real.

Credit where it's due. Speak up! :D

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:23 am 

And what is this Paah'kweh and where can one see it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:15 am 

Just tagged up with boblishman on the AoG forum.

The Fun Begins! 8)

@Monkeyboy
Paah'kweh is a newly Written to Age, and counts as a student work. Both for boblishman "The Writer" and us [GoMa] - Supporters "The Testers". The book is currently stored in the ULM along side other Writers works and can be linked to from your Uru:CC Relto.

Uru Library Manager - to get the book
http://ulm.hbyte.net/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:05 am 

Oh my goodness! What a shameless plug MJ!

I mean you're advertising the Maintainers at AOG:

Pre Maintainers

and showing them how we can learn to inspect fan made Ages, especially during the slow times here at MOUL by saying:

Uru Library Manager

I mean, tisk tisk! Such advertising! :lol: :wink:

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:10 am 

Yes, its too bad that you have to brag about the GoMa Supporters!

On a side note, a copy of the ULM can also be found at the GoMa Supporters website...we're talking about a mirror for it right now.

http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Ages

Ok, enough shameless plugging. :) Bedtime!

In loving memory of James Oliver Rigney, 1948-2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi Guys,

Sorry about not being here before... this has all kinda happened so fast..

Paah'kweh has really 'escaped' more than been released... :shock: .

I was basically just testing out the ULM process of uploading for later release (as this Age is my 'learning' Age) ... but it got noticed by the GoMa ...and well.. they seem to want to use it as a 'pilot' age to enable them to set up their internal inspection/reporting proceedures ... so I am more than happy to let it stay there for the moment.

As I have said in a post across at the UAG ...

"... like anyone crafting their skills, you learn as you "do" ... and if you visit the age you'll see how I am developing in terms of standards and quality.

Paah'kweh is very much a 'work in progress' ... and I hope you can see that the age improves as you go deeper inside. I am very aware that many things are 'wrong' with the Age (especially the begining...but that's where I started!) ... and as you progress through the Age you will see that the texturing, shading and vertex painting and lighting makes a lot of difference. The underground room took 3 times as long to do as the rest of the island put together (even though there is very little in there...at the moment )...

Basically, I am learning one skill at a time... and so the Age will progress.

Since uploading I have added a fully working Journal (with a storyline that is being crafted by a fellow Explorer ) ... and, because the Age is quite physically small, I have now started work on a very large accompanying Age that (I hope) you will be able to eventually link to from Paah'kweh. However, I do plan on adding new areas to Paah'kweh (underground) and will keep this thread updated as they are uploaded....

... In the meantime, thank you for your interest in my Age and I look forward to getting your feedback. "

That applies here too... When I make my next update I will post on this thread too.

Thanks for the kind comments so far ... encouragement is always a good thing :)

Bob

and ...

uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod uɐɔ l 'sǝʎ

Ki # : 02037973

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:55 pm 

Ok, let me get this straight. Paah'kweh is an Age that was made by boblishman. And it is available at the ULM. To be able to look at this age you must first have URU: CC (is TPots OK?) and then download the manager and then download the Age? Is that correct? Also, then, what is the program that the Age was written or coded? Wow, it just seems pretty neat. I'm gonna have to look around for my tPots and see how this all comes together. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:23 pm 

The age looks great. It's further along then any of my ages (then again, it's smaller too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:03 am 

Would you like me to alert one of the news writers for one of the newsletters that the Cavern Criers passes out? Then we can let everyone know! After all, what is the GOMe for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:44 pm 

@Monkeyboy:

first part: yes.

Secondpart: Blender and Python plugin.

:D

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm 

Sorry for being slightly off-topic, but I could use some help here. I downloaded the uru library manager client, I reinstalled uru:abm and tpots, then ran the ulm file saving it to the ubi soft folder. Most of the textures in the game are messed up. Does this have something to do with the ulm? Did I install it in the wrong place? And assuming I fix all that, how do I download the Ages from that page (Paah'kweh, Kato's Lab, etc.)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:18 pm 

Topher can you post a screen shot?

Also when you directed the ULM you should have given it the path to your ABM/TPOTS directory. The Ubisoft folder is one up from where it needs to be, easy way to check is look in the TPOTS directory the ULM program should be sitting in there along with the other Uru files. If it's not just reinstall.

Pardon if I am reading this wrong.

As for the rest in the picture below wait till the Age names are listed in the public age tab. click on the one you want like I did with Takla Ma'kan. Then click the Age properties button at the bottom center of the ulm window. In the property window that opens select the version of the Age that you want from the version dropdown list top center on the window.

Then press close to get rid of the window.

Next press download newest on the main ULM window and it will go out and grab the Age Files, Takes a little while but good things come to those who wait. <Fan Ages YeHa!!!, cough,er sorry lost it there for a moment :lol: > Once it is done grabbing the Age click on the Age again, select a empty book tab on the right of the window and press the plus button.

Unloading the Age is just click on the Age in the book tab and hit the "X" button.

The pictures
[spoiler]

Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:55 pm 

Well I just realized that the graphics thing is probably a drivers issue because I never actually played the standalone game on this laptop; I just assumed that because Myst Online looks fine the standalone would too.

As for the pictures you posted MJ, I haven't actually gotten around to opening ULM yet. I was referring to the list at this URL:

http://ulm.hbyte.net/index.php

So, anyway, I guess I'll go try and find new drivers ... I won't be able to see the fanmade ages the way they're supposed to be until I fix that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:18 pm 

Oh /me smacks head with hand :lol:

That's just the index, something to thumb through to see what's new. When you login to http://ulm.hbyte.net/index.php you can go through and see if there are any new versions out there for your favorite fan works without having to startup the ulm program.

The only way to "get" the Ages is to install the library manager.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next