It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:30 pm 

A thought I just had as far as perks for each Guild go...

I'd like to see custom clothing options for each Guild. The Greeters already have their uniform, but what about the Writers? The Messengers? Etc.

Some ideas:

Guild of Maintainers. This one is pretty obvious. Maintainer suits, of course! That does mean, however, that if Maintainer suits are going to be available to only Maintainers, then the only way for average explorers to wear them would be when they play the Wall. Average explorers won't get the suits to wear outside Gahreesen unless they become Maintainers. There will be some complaints about that. Maybe the Maintainer's could get their own, special-looking Maintainer suits that are different from the other ones? That way everybody gets a suit.

Guild of Writers. Well... What did the Writers wear? Robes? Maybe the Writers could get their own set of cool-looking black and red D'ni robes. That would be pretty awesome.

Guild of Messengers. How about special shoes with little wings on them, so they all look like Hermes? :o :lol: No, kidding. Considering the D'ni color for the Guild of messengers is yellow, maybe some kind of shirt that denotes Messengers in a crowd so they stand out, so people will pay attention when they're talking. Something loud and official that kinda declares "everybody shuttup! I'm relaying here!" Of course, they wouldn't actually say that...

Guild of Cartographers. These guys could get some cool stuff, like maybe a toolbelt with a bunch of measuring and surveying tools in them, or special backpacks for long trips into Ages to map them out. Maybe some cool helmet or something.

Guild of Greeters. Ok, since the other Guilds are getting decked out, we need to give something to the Greeters, too. That's a tough one... What would Greeters get to wear? I'm not sure... Oooh, how about name-tags!? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:08 pm 

The only reason I'm doing GoMaintainers is that I want my suit, darn it!

Hahahaha. Just kidding. :D I love the Maintainers. I'd be doing it anyway.

.... but I do want the suit. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:59 pm 

The Greeters have had their helping hands T-shirt for a long time and I'll continue to wear mine. I would like to have the helping hands logo to put on things like a jacket for when it gets cold.

Lial

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:48 pm 

Calam wrote:
There will be some complaints about that.

No! Who would ever complain about Uru. :lol: Seriously though if the Guilds are ever going to be a reality we are going to have to accept that being part of a Guild will give you access to stuff others will not have and that others will have access to things you will not.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Judging from the Book of Ti'ana, it looks like all the guilds had their own cloaks or something... now that's something I'd like to wear - authentic D'ni clothing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:52 am 

as long as there's no RED shirts cos everyone knows the wearer gets killed every week and the crew wearing Yellow survive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:41 am 

mahreeya wrote:
as long as there's no RED shirts cos everyone knows the wearer gets killed every week and the crew wearing Yellow survive.

Meaning us Maintainers will all die, and the Messengers will tell everyone about our glorious deaths.

I'm down with that! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Jishin wrote:
mahreeya wrote:

Meaning us Maintainers will all die, and the Messengers will tell everyone about our glorious deaths.

I'm down with that! :wink:
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:59 pm 

just means I watch too much Star Trek and I'm old enough to remember the joke.lol and i'm not joshing or am i jishin :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:58 pm 

These are great ideas Calam. Of course the Guild of Greeters does have a "guild uniform" as Lial pointed out. In fact I think that we Greeters are the only guild that does have a special shirt that distinguishes us from other explorers -and we have had them for a very long time (/me said with great pride). :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

zymmin wrote:
These are great ideas Calam. Of course the Guild of Greeters does have a "guild uniform" as Lial pointed out. In fact I think that we Greeters are the only guild that does have a special shirt that distinguishes us from other explorers -and we have had them for a very long time (/me said with great pride). :D

Not quite. Other groups have had special clothing in the past. Great Tree had their own fleece in Prologue (with the compliments of Mr. Sharper).

In Until Uru TCT and (briefly) the Liaisons had special clothing.

[spoiler=The Cavern Today Fleece]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DRC Liaisons Sweater]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:56 pm 

Isn't saying the Maintainers should wear their suits around the cavern a bit like saying astronauts should wear space suits around town? I am sure they would want something casual too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
There will be some complaints about that.

Yeah, i would, Even if i'm a maintainer. Not that i want to wear the suit, but, i don't want any guild to have any privilege.

the Gog have a tee-shirt, i think that is enough. So, just do tee shirt for the others guids.

Also, if I'm a member of more than one guild, i mean to be, and i will, i wish to be able to wear whatever tee-shirt i fell like wearing.

If a guild a some advantage, evne small, you'll have people going there just for this. Meaning having to do a harsh selection , meaning some people actually intending to help won't be able to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:02 pm 

Gosh, is it really that bad to throw out some trinkets to Guild members? I think you can take accusations of privilege too far. If I was in a Guild I'd like to have some options of showing it that aren't t-shirts, which I don't like to wear in the cavern. I don't think that Guilds having means of identification would be seen as excessive privilege.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:38 pm 

EowynCarter wrote:
If a guild a some advantage, evne small, you'll have people going there just for this. Meaning having to do a harsh selection , meaning some people actually intending to help won't be able to.

This just isn't realistic. The very nature of the guilds mean that each has an advantage over the other in their field of expertise. If you want to be able to create new content for the explorers to explore, then the Guild of Writers will give you that ability, and you can't have that ability anywhere else. If you want to see Ages before the rest of the community, the Guild of Maintainers is your guild, but the Maintainers give you this advantage over all the other guilds. People understand this. You pick the guild that interests you, if you are a joiner. Maybe more than one.

But this is nothing new. If you want to get your voice out there and have a platform to express yourself to the community, you join The Cavern Today podcast. It's very simple. You don't hear anybody from the Students of D'ni Knowledge complaining about not having a monthly podcast, do you? And yet the TCT clearly has an advantage over all the other groups in this area.

Or what about those people who came to the cavern more recently and never had any opportunity to collect the sparklies for January? Do you hear any of them demanding that the older players get rid of their January sparklies because they had the unfair advantage of getting to the cavern sooner? I don't. Or those people who attended Mysterium and who now sport Mysterium shirts, which nobody else can have.

I really don't think anyone is going to begrudge the Maintainers their Maintainer suits. Seriously. Who's that petty?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next