It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:30 pm 

Seeing as the messengers were lacking one I've created one.

This thread is a summary of the most current and most important topics and resources for the Guild of Messengers, in particular the pre-guild of messengers "iterim council" . It includes announcements, meeting times, and discussions. If you need to find something quickly, here is the place to look.

New items are marked with an *.

If you have any suggestions, modifications, or would like a topic added, please post below, and we will make the appropriate additions and fixes.

Last edited by Stevecrox on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:30 pm 

Upcoming Meeting Announcements

Second meeting is currently being scheduled please see here and here.

Lynnutte has set the second meeting time to 5PM cavern time on September 15th 2007 in the Relayercorps Bevin

Due to the nature of the first meeting a more structured approach is being arranged for the second meeting. Lynnutte has volunteered the RelayerCorps neighbourhood as a place to host the meeting and Eleri has suggested that the liason meeting structure might be usefull. So of the issues to be discussed remain the same:

• Code of Conduct
  • Statement of what each group wants from the guild
  • Mission statement
  • Sorting out council voting (relteltee as arbitrator etc…)
  • Name of the council/comittee?

Getting Started
Current Representatives

Current Aim of the Pre-Guild of Messengers Council

We are looking at creating a Pre-Guild council which has a representative from each messaging group. Lynnutte has contacted every group we could think of which has a messaging role and asked them to pass on the message to any group they find we haven't contacted.

We figure that the hardest part of the guild of messengers is getting the different messaging groups talking to each other and working together. (perhaps not as one group but greater information sharing and cooperation between us.) So if Cyan do decide that the Guild structure we are building is not what they want and pull the plug we will of at worst have worked out how the many different messaging groups can work together.

So far the council would only consist on messaging groups because its the fairest way to build it. Why? The messaging groups are the first groups directly concerned with such a Guild and actually perform messaging functions, if you run a council a single explorer representative this would not be fair and letting every explorer into the council would create a similar mess to the DRC Liason intial election setup. The council is pre guild and will have a limited lifespan. It purpose will be to establish the guild and setup an infrastructure that will enhance existing groups and life in the cavern (although we still haven't come close to working out a mission statement yet.) All the meetings are planned to be public, and explorers who aren't affliated with a group are welcome to join in any discussion as well as being welcome to join any of the groups involved.

For people unhappy that they can't "vote" this councils real aim is to get the current messaging groups talking to each other, which has very little to do with the explorer community at large and alot to do with the groups involved.

Last edited by Stevecrox on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 am 
Obduction Backer

These two images (one annotated one not), are of a flow Diagram showing the way I believe the Guild of Messengers should work. To understand the Guild council level, refer to the quoted post. And remember everything except the public front end (including public forums) and the boxes labelled news and the guild of messengers announcements box are NOT accessible by explorers, only guild members.

Of note is that the news boxes are for the individual member organisations edition and format of the information provided by the council level information (raw data) that is converted into consumer-level news by the member organisations (each offering this conversion into a different format, live broadcast, pod cast, comic etc.)

[spoiler=non-annotated]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler=annotated]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler=council post]
Samsbase wrote:
I think a group should be a "publishing group". The seat on the council (read my comments for reasons for not letting everyone possible in on the council and listen to the URU Radio shows for more discussion) should be given to a publishing group, or in other words, the banner that your independant group falls under to get it's content out.

I'll use URU Radio as an example, the first example where it is awarded a council seat, the other where it isn't.

1. URU Radio has it's own website where all content is posted independently from the rest of the net. URU Radio doesn't rely on anyone elses funding, URU Radio has it's own server and domain. URU Radio offers an original angle on messaging in URU.

2a. URU Radio joins with The cavern today. URU Radio is listed as a cavern today division and is accessed via a link on the nav bar on their site. URU Radio uses their servers, URU Radio may donate to The Cavern Today but the main funding and organisation for the project (eg.. website and forums) is run by the cavern today.

2b. URU Radio is a pod casting service, and bears little difference to the cavern today other than it has slightly different topics and a different schedule. (the council will decide on the difference between 1 and 2b by a council vote that will determine all decisions in the guild)

In the 1st hypothetical situation, URU Radio gets a seat on the council. the other two, the seat is not given. In 2a, the parent publishing organisation (in this example The cavern today) votes on behalf of URU Radio. In 2b no vote is given for URU Radio but may still be considered a member organisation at the council's discretion.

My answers to some of your comments (thinking ahead):

Yes there is a possibility that organisations will not get to join the guild. There must be some exclusivity to the guild, otherwise everyone who wants a council vote will just split off from their parent publishing organisations and declare themselves independent and worthy of a council vote.

Individuals do NOT get a vote on the council, each organisation gets 1 vote each.

It will not necessarily be easy to join the guild !! However if you join an organisation that has a seat on the council, you can call yourself a guild member. Otherwise you have to create a NEW and ORIGINAL and INDEPENDENT organisation and submit yourself to a council vote which decides on eligibility for a vote.

Forward Thinking:

Council members may have ranking (lvl 1 council members being highest etc. may have 2 votes when a new council member at lvl 2 may only have 1, some issues will only be voted on by lvl 1 members). This will counter new groups having too much power in the guild. Organisations being promoted from lvl 2 to lvl 1 will be promoted on a lvl 1 council vote.

There may be open votes for anyone in a member organisation (equal votes for all).

The original council, when decided upon will be put to a community vote with a binary outcome "yes" or "no". the vote will not give the option "yes, but as long as such and such a group doesn't have a seat". On the outcome the vote is given a "no" THEN the council will be rewritten, and put to the vote again (multiple times possibly to get it right)

Operations in the guild will be put to a set of votes AFTER the council is made.
[/spoiler]

Addition:

I decided to make a diagram showing the council level processing of information within the guild.

[spoiler=Council level process]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:09 am 

Stevecrox, you assume correctly.
Also, CCN has been offered a seat on the interim council. So far their response has been that they will discuss it when they can and try to get back with me in a month.
If that has changed while i was on vacation, please correct me on this. I just got back an hour ago and am still trying to catch up.
Ty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:53 am 

meeting update

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I posted about a People Resource Guild. It was looong, so I just made a new topic

The Pre-Guild of Messengers "People Resource List"

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Last edited by ghaelen on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

feel free to delete this, but where are the other posts in this topic... ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:39 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I have no clue, lemme check into that.
EDIT: Should be fixed, posts are back now.

Last edited by ireenquench on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:43 pm 

Has a third meeting been schedule yet?

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm 

If someone else would like to plan the meeting, it won't hurt my feelings. :D But if no one else wants to, I can plan it.
If I do plan the next meeting, I would like suggestions about what we should cover. I would also need someone else to get and post a chatlog. Someone who knows what they are doing this time. I did a horrible job last time. :oops:
I also think we will not need moderators this time, but that is my opinion. If others think they would be a good idea, I'm sure we can find someone to moderate.
Please let me know if everyone interested in GOM wants me to do this. Ty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:30 pm 

I wasn't able to attend the first two so I'll let someone else to the planning. However should we switch the meeting into the GoMe Pub rather than the Bevin from last time? Of course as not everyone can see the GoMe Pub in the Nexus, announcements in the cavern to tell when and where it will be should be made in case explorers would like to participate or watch the meeting.

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 am 

Well, this thread has fallen into disrepair, but I thought i'd post this.

The GoMe has a dedicated News/announcement RSS feed available for all explorers to subscribe to. We post news here as soon as we hear it, and its available for explorers to post things to as well.

The link for the feed is http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/masterfeed.php.

Instructions on how to submit news, plus all other information put forward by the guild can be found at the website :

Guild of Messengers Website.

We also invite everyone to come and join in on our forum

'See a Need, Fill a Need'

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:40 pm 

Quote:
Resource and services list for the Guild of Messengers

Submit News Forum Section:

Submit News:
Think you found some news? Anyone can be a Field Reporter! Post your scoop here!
Just pop along to the link above (no registration needed) and post our news to our forum and someone will come along once a day to post it on the RSS feed for you, after verification of cause.

GoMe Affiliates:
Newsletter:

Free Newsletter e-mail delivery service. Sign up here, KI number optional.

Also some back issues can be found at our library. Within time we will have all issues in the library but for now the later issues can be found at the links below.

English July Newsletter.
English August Newsletter.
English September Newspaper
English October Newspaper
English November Newspaper
English December Newspaper
English February 09 Newspaper

All Italian Editions

French July Edition
French August Edition

rel.to:

What is rel.to?
  • I'll begin by stating what Rel.to is not. Rel.to is not a forum. And it is not a place for the community to gather.
  • Rel.to is a Directory.
  • Rel.to makes our community's wealth of resources and havens findable and thereby accessible. Rel.to can be navigated through categories or by searching for sites that match a selected word or phrase.
  • Rel.to is a Shortcut System.
  • Every site catalogued on Rel.to has a unique but meaningful keyword not shared with other sites. This special keyword is a shortcut, and can be used to link directly to the intended destination. There are several situations where this is handy:
  • Can't remember some websites' long or not exactly descriptive address? Rel.to shortcuts are easy to remember.
  • Can't remember if a website is .org, .net, or .com? Rel.to will know and will direct you to the right place.
  • Can't fit all of the websites that you would like into your forum signature? Rel.to shortcuts take up less space, so you can fit in more links.
  • In a hurry? Rel.to shortcuts are easier and faster to type.
  • Rel.to is a Homepage.

In addition to the above roles, Rel.to, is a service of the Guild of Messengers, carries GoMe news feed. A quick stop at Rel.to at the beginning of your day will inform you of current events in the community.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]