It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:49 am 

I.e. the guild of cones? What are the initiation rights? (Is it like a driving test?)...just curious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 am 

In the Until Uru days, one earned admission to the Guild of Cone Handlers by successfully herding a cone all the way from the Library to the Ferry Landing. Now, I don't know what people do as cones are highly resistant to such herding, and can't be found hanging around the Library anyway. Maybe they learned. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:38 pm 

Lord Chaos wrote:
In the Until Uru days, one earned admission to the Guild of Cone Handlers by successfully herding a cone all the way from the Library to the Ferry Landing. Now, I don't know what people do as cones are highly resistant to such herding, and can't be found hanging around the Library anyway. Maybe they learned. :)

We had an interesting time with a cone and the district boundary by the library during the open beta. The cone appeared to be on the walkway between the library courtyard and the dais in front of the stairs, but when you walked into the courtyard it wasn't there. You could push it back and forth across the boundary and it would pop in and out of existence. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:15 am 

I remember those... Some would disappear on the stairs to the Hall of Kings. Rather disheartening after pushing it all the way from the Library. And one cone looks like another, so you couldn't link out. Trudge back to the Library, get another cone and repeat. Eventually we had over 50 cones on the Ferry Landing for Conestructions. :) Tapestry Shard. When Eric reopened the shard for a few days before The End, I went back and did more designs. The cones were mostly there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]