It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:30 pm 

I agree Tweek. Sorry to have spoke up so late everyone,and sorry for not being able to make the meeting Robert.

With that out of the way, let me say that we must not exclude people who do not have the knowledge -yet- on how to create an age, unless they show a lack of desire to learn. One thing I do not want is to have people in the guild who show any kind of stagnation or laziness in regards to branching out and learning all that they can,after all, isn't that what this journey preaches anyway? To better yourself through knowledge, to better yourself through interaction, to better yourself through failed acts, to better yourself by having an unrelenting thirst for new knowledge, to grow every day as you uncover new truths/facts and above all not to give up when the going gets tough or you hit a rough spot where you face a brick wall of knowledge that you cannot seem to understand the hows and why's to be able to break it. Look around, one of your guildsmen may have just the right size sledge hammer!

I do NOT know how to create a 3d world or age,but I will not let that limit me because I am not limited by anything but my own thoughts.

I have downloaded the tools and I am working with them alittle everyday as well as reading the instructions in my pursuit to doing what I want to do.

I know how much work is ahead of me and I know it will take a very long time, but I have patience and expect nothing to be handed to me, because if living on this planet has taught me anything, it's that the best things are earned.

I have many ideas,drawings, stories. I even have a writing system for an age/world. I have always wanted to put these things into a world I could touch and interact with, and now I have the means to do so.

Unless you have a mental disability you have no excuse. No one man is greater than another, but what makes him better is that he "does" and "makes" with his own hands while the other waits for the same to be given to him. Which are you? No one one man has more brains than the next, but what makes him smarter is his drive to know and his understanding that things take time, the other looks at the hard work involved and simply throws his hands up in defeat and says,"I'm not that smart."

Are you stupid or are you ignorant?

Stupid is the INABILITY to learn due to damage to the brain, ie. car accidents, disease, or birth defect, or having knowledge of something and turning a blind eye as if you knew nothing.

Ignorant is the state a person is in before the lesson has been learned.

I am ignorant. I do not know some things. But I will learn. I will always be ignorant because as long as I live I will not know everything. I am smart also though.I have learned much and can re-teach what I have learned.
The two coincide everyday.

Being ignorant is not a bad thing because even scientists are ignorant of many things before they shine a light on them. Where you cross this line of ignorance and stupidity though is when you have the chance to learn and choose not to (in my opinion).

With that really long sleep inducing lecture I will sign off with this statement.

I may not always be able to participate, but I will not give up.

Last edited by kena on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:24 pm 

Membership:

1.B -Must be able to show atleast one peice of evidence of having an interest in pursuing membership in guild ie. scans of personal work such as painting,free hand art (drawings),computer designed art, hand written or typed story, examples of computer created programs/tools.
and must show a desire to advance in rank, even if individual acknowledges advancement may not be possible due to time constraints ect.

2.A- At basic writer, when member's rank reaches 4 he/she shall be referred to as "Master Writer" when addressed in formal setting,or at such time as a non member of the UGoW see's fit to invoke said title in conversation..

When writer reaches rank 5 he/she shall be referred to as "Guild Master" in formal setting,or at such time as a non member of the UGoW see's fit to invoke said title in conversation.

3.B-Unapproved ages written by non UGoW members and which has not been tested and passed by a GoM team can result in accidents and even death and must not be tolerated nor allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote: "Having a Guild of Writers working with Uru CC only kind flies in the face of why the Guild of Writers was being added, which is to provide new Ages to Uru Live."

Well, right now we have no forward path of progress towards providing new Ages for Uru Live. (I mean "we" the general public. There may be people working on tools who are in private discussions with Cyan, but by definition we don't know about that stuff. So it doesn't influence my planning.)

If I want to *work* on an Age -- tonight -- I have to aim at CC. (Or make Blender models that are not aimed at any particular platform... which is risky. Of course, aiming at CC is risky too, because we have no idea how much will carry over.)

Until Cyan drops more info on us (no offense to your new status :) that's the reality of any practical work. So it's not surprising that the current Guild efforts are at least partially focussed around CC.

Mind you, I don't particularly support this division of the organization into "the Unofficial Guild" (working on CC) and "the Guild" (to work on UL). I'd rather organize, set up forums and things, and then presume that the group will glom onto UL tools as they become available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kena wrote: "Must be able to show at least one peice of evidence of having an interest in pursuing membership in guild..."

Last week, I was actually thinking something like that. Only not very seriously.

------------

** Guild of Writers Membership Application **

Question 1: List some things you have seen, heard, felt, or imagined which you want to Write into an Age and open to the world.

(continue on back of form if extra space is needed)

Submission instructions: hang Membership Application on wall by your computer, and then visit our web site at: ...

------------

Obviously, I *don't* want some poor sod to have the job of *checking* these applications and ensuring that the applicant is "serious enough".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Kena wrote: "Must be able to show at least one peice of evidence of having an interest in pursuing membership in guild...

Mainteainer just have a form to fill. And in my case filling the form = i'm motivated

Give the guilds no perks, or small one like a tee-shirt -> else, people will sign just for this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2