It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: GoMe Wish List
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

While I'm pretending I'm the GHP, I thought I'd imagine a few what ifs... What if we could get whatever resources from Cyan in game that we wanted, what would I want for the Guild of Messengers? (Imagine that both the infrastructure, and the checks and balances to make these workable were in place)

Mass KImail access. (like the DRC announcements, but in a different colour, and deleteable)

Public imager access

'Licenced' groups would have access to posting video on their imagers, and audio on in the auditorium podium (TCT and CCN live in cavern! Podcasts at the push of a button!)

Special font colour for on-duty Relayers and Heralds

A way for GoMe staff to switch from on duty to off duty, without having to make a second avatar.

What's on your wishlist?

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

KI-mail that could only be edited by the owner (or by the owner's group)

KI-mail that could be downloaded from a public imager into your KI.

A "folder" mode for imagers: store many messages (not just five), display a list of subject lines instead of cycling. (And allow downloading!)

(This could be achieved in other ways, too. Maybe a new KI message folder appears in your KI when you stand near the device, and then you can transfer items out of it as normal. Or into it, if you're a member of the group that has write access.)

You mention video posting, but image posting would be just as valuable -- images coming from outside Uru, I mean. (Would require the same checks and balances to keep the goatse guy out, but you said to assume those.)

The ability to set an area to limited chat. Only one person can speak (out loud); or only a group of moderators can speak; or a moderator can give and retract that right to other players. (Of course this requires a pretty detailed ownership/membership system, to build on.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:51 pm 

Enhanced KI so that more than one buddy list can be maintained. So that you could have a "subscription" buddy list and a regular buddy list. Both should have easy scroll bars on the side and not bounce around like they do now....

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

ability for the KI to play a .pls file from a guild of messengers server

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:43 pm 

Great list, Eleri. Before reading this thread, I posted about this very idea over in the "See a need" thread:

shimmerillion wrote:
I think we should gather as many ideas as we can, then write a formal proposal for Cyan to consider as they are developing the Guild system.

I'm envisioning a proposal of the same nature you would use in a business situation, consisting of:

Request:
Reason:
Benefit:

(repeat as necessary)

We could get as many explorers to sign it as we could, then submit it via Reteltee OR feature request. We wouldn't neccessarily get all of our requests, but it would indicate that we are thinking as a community and that we have thought through specific solutions to the community's needs.

I would add:
- Tables or stands where we can leave the latest copies of the Archiver, KIToons, and other print media.
- Some public location that is always available in the Nexus (or in Ae'gura), where we can house a news imager (as well as other news items such as the newspaper stand).
- Ability to "tune in" to a podcast or .pls feed on the Music Player in Relto.
- Rather than Mass KIMail, a KIServe (ListServ) that explorers can subscribe to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:45 pm 

Don't forget you have the feature request system already connected to this website via support. They do listen and responded to my request for Reteltee's guild history notebook for Kirel.

Just make your requests clear, specific, to the point and if possible explain more than one benefit to the cavern.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a personal, (not canned), response and although it promised nothing for sure- I knew my idea had not been thrown in the trash.

Way cool!

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow, these are some really cool ideas!

I would like to make use of the Guild Pubs to offer explorers one little perk if they pick up the shirt (and maybe later a perk for joining a guild)

There are alcoves all around each pub. Curtains close them off right now. But I'd like to see them as small teaching alcoves. For the Messengers each one would be devoted to a skill or area of messenging as a teaching alcove.

--Outside each alcove would be the names of people who have offered to teach, in a list on the wall on each side of the alcove or just inside. Each name would be clickable, and when clicked on a message comes up describing what they will teach and when the next class will be held in the pub.
--Inside each alcove (or in some of them) would be a separate voice chat system for the teacher to talk, a small imager for showing a how-to video, and a private chat session for the class to ask questions. After the students (apprentices) take the class, they get some kind of credit for doing that plus they can access that imager and/or pdf class notes whenever they want. Maybe the teacher can add them to the list.

The perk is that guild members get to learn these skills without having to hunt down someone to teach them. Maybe they get a badge (yes, the medieval way of distinguishing promotions) or maybe a new article of clothing or a notebook or a link to another age.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]