It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:15 pm 

My experience with this has been good. On D'mala Shard, I started a KI-mail "Coming Events on D'mala" message. It soon took on a life of its own and every time I logged in I'd find that someone had updated it with new events.

I've not tried this in Live. I'd say it's worth the experiment. The biggest problem I see is that the message gets shuffled in with all the rest so it might be hard for new players to find. You sometimes have to scroll the "incoming" list to find new arrivals.

Last edited by Lord Chaos on Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:23 pm 

I will be happy to do my part but I do not want to step on "anyones" toes or be told I am spamming no matter how well intentioned I may be. I'm looking to you all to help me out here... while I try and help you.

Maybe in their quiet time they will stumble upon the message as they are scrolling through and even if it is long after their initial interest- it may show that someone was paying attention and they should keep asking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jenine, I think this is a wonderful idea. Will you be around in the cavern this weekend, maybe Sunday? I have the Cast to finish, but I would like to meet with you and see what you have in mind. I know Thend (and others?) had started the KI-mail chain to update us all on episode happenings as they happen -- why not also a KI-mail chain for general support of the guilds? Not one or the other in particular, just a short note like the one you've posted.

And how to determine if someone might actually want the KI-mail (thinks of junk mail, sales calls, and email spam then shudders). Did you actually mean to say "viral," or did you mean virtual? (or am I completely missing the meaning of the message? ) lol

Kirel might be just the place to meet, too-- nice and open and welcoming. If a couple more people come in, then a couple more, then a couple more, maybe they'd want to add their input as well. The more the merrier, in my opinion.

edit: /waves to Lord Chaos
Hey, didn't see you had posted! Like minds....

Jenine, me thinks you've got something here!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:41 pm 

I will make the time to be there tomorrow afternoon and help in any way I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I will be there, too, then. Any best time for you?

Oh, and I'm coming to help you! /lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:58 pm 

I will be able to visit for a few hours- Get all these times mixed up but from 2:00pm est so that's 12noon cavern right? until whenever... or let me know if anyone has a better time and I will juggle my schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmmm, sure. Noon Cavern time is 2pm for me and I'm in Central Daylight Time. Will noon still work for you?

And, can we invite more people? Do you mind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

No it isn't, ghaelen. You're not accounting for the cavern being on daylight savings too.

P M C E - you're an hour ahead of the cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

sheesh.. (looks at her KI time)

thank you Rusty. Jenine, scratch that earlier post. 1pm for me and 2pm for you.

Rusty, are you coming? It would be great fun to have you there. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jenine. I don't know if you saw the thread about the Cavern Job Fair day, but that day would be the perfect time to get those kimails out to interested parties. It wouldn't be considered spam then because the explorers would be asking for it.

The plan is to have that event in November, just after the next episode. Watch that thread for details or send me your ki number and I can keep you up to date as plans get made. :)

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

ghaelen wrote:
Rusty, are you coming? It would be great fun to have you there. ;)
Thank you. I'll try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:53 am 

I will try to stay as long as I can but not sure if I can show up earlier. Would love anyone who has time to come and join us- if not we can always have another.

@Sharaya I did see your idea and think it is fabulous! If I forgot- you have my help if you need it. Be happy to do anything you need. Just don't like scrubbing floors... or dishes...

My concern is a lot of explorers who are feeling confused- are confused now. And I want to step forward to tell them where to go or what is up. I would love to be able to tell them that we will be holding the job fair in November and be patient. That many explorers are all working hard to get the message out to all interested. Too many are posting to the forums and asking questions now. Some groups want new explorers to join and some do not. Some want to lead and others don't. Just might help if we let everyone know they are welcome to join in and keep asking questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Now this was a lot of fun. We spent about 90 minutes in lively discussion, accomplished our goal (drafting a KI mail in general support of the guilds) ate, drank, laughed and learned something about sending KI messages. We also discussed networking and how to pass on these types of messages to get the greatest number of individuals involved.

Jenine, you may count this as a sucess in my book. Thanks for the great idea. I hope to not-meet with you on again to accomplish yet another small task.

/lol

chatlog? Do we have one, or do we need one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

ghaelen wrote:
chatlog? Do we have one, or do we need one?

If you all like one, just shout. I have one. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:53 pm 

I enjoyed myself tremendously and think it was time well spent....This is what I would prefer to be doing to show guild support - small things that will make a difference - that "find a need and fill it!" Thanks to Jenine and everyone who showed up and helped brainstorm this...

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next