It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

As an explorer interested in the possibility of a Guild of Messengers, I would like to get to know other explorers who might also be interested. I’d really like to know who you all are and what kinds of things you are interested in doing.

For those of you a little confused about what the Guild of Messengers might do, or become, there are lots of ideas. But two things it will always contain are:

People
and
Information Exchange, composed of three basic elements:
Sender, Message, Recipient.

Without all three elements, no message gets anywhere. No communication takes place.

Two of these elements (sender/recipient) are comprised of sentient beings. (Explorers, DRC members, bahro, pod animals, etc.) Most often explorers/DRC members are the senders/recipients.

But how do we get the “message” from sender ABC to recipient 123?

That’s where the Messengers come in. To me, the Messengers are Facilitators of messages (information, knowledge, events, etc). They (we) help Senders connect with Recipients.

So our best resource is ourselves – people.

People with skills, people with ideas, people curious to learn, people willing to teach, people who like to be in the Cavern, people who like to post on forums. People running, standing, sitting, relaying, talking, KImailing. People everywhere doing all kinds of things!

The list below is for us to get to know each other. What do you do that you would be willing to contribute? Which of the skills that you have would you be willing to teach to someone else? What would you like to learn how to do?

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Last edited by ghaelen on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

The People Resource List

If you have a skill you'd like to share, teach, or know of a tool or skill you'd like to learn, post a reply and I'll add you to the list. Your skill can be just about anything (posting, relaying, speaking on the air, voice acting/recording, working with audio/video editing, coordinating all these tasks... if you do it, it will probably be valuable!)

My idea for the order of this list is alphabetical by name. I haven’t thought of a better way to do it. I also italicized the names, but am open to suggestions that would make the list clearest to read.

Each person who has added their name has posted additional information also, such as alternate avie names, organizational affiliation (if any) and KI numbers. Take a look at those if you are interested!

New List! The GoM Cavern Criers at the bottom of this post. See the Cavern Criers thread. (You can also pm me or talk to a current Crier in the Cavern to sign up.)

I will try to update the list at least once a week. I am curious to see how much it changes from this point to, oh, six months from now. After all, change is part of Information ex-change. Let’s meet ourselves, Messengers!

People and the skills they are willing to Contribute

Andros/Kalypso: Surveying people in the cavern, Ki mail, Shouting to a very large buddy list (300)
Dudemom_2000: Relaying, KI Mail, KI Chain during episodes
ghaelen: voice recording, audio/video editing, script writing.
Lynnutte: managment skills, creating new ways get information in the cavern
Marten: In-Cavern filming/directing, Audio/video editing and assembly, project management
Narym: Writing, organization, people person, voice work, scripts for voices
Samsbase: guild operational structure prototyping, audio editing and recording, advanced streaming, musical/soundtrack skills
Shimmerillion: Digital Media, Journalism, Project Setup, Project Management (see post below for more about all of these)
Sumatria: Relaying, Ki Mail, Event Coordination
Veralun: Filming, acting and directing, audio and video editing, producing projects OOC/IC, streaming video and audio, photograher, collecting chatlogs and reports and make them in PDF.

People willing to teach others what they know

Andros/Kalypso: How to get information out of people and interact with explorers
Dudemom_2000: Techniques of Relaying (and recruiting!)
ghaelen: voice recording, script writing, (maybe editing)
Marten: In-Cavern filming/directing, Audio/video editing and assembly (see post below for more), video formats and compression
Narym: writing both dramatic and factual text, voice coaching (maybe)
Samsbase: audio editing and streaming using advanced usage of shoutcast servers
Veralun: Filming, audio and video editing. Streaming video and audio.

People interested in learning something new

Lynnutte: new ways to get information in the cavern
ghaelen: better use of the voice chat system
Shimmerillion: Whatever is needed to get the job done.
Veralun: Machinema producing, cavern communication in all ways, webdesign, Flash

People who signed up to be Cavern Criers

boogihn meesahl: #10308647
Cavern Crier:
CrierInGame:
Ful'a M'Larkeh: #84541
Kalypso: #5962956

Some other threads worth reading:

What the messengers might do has being discussed in this threads:
See a need, fill a need. Lots of ideas there about things we can do to serve the community.

The Guild of Messengers Website Discussions and examples for a website.

Last edited by ghaelen on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:07 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:51 pm 

Dudemom_2000 KI 820902
[Relayer]DMom_2000 KI 7069940

Skills willing to contribute:

Relaying, KI Mail, KI Chain during episodes.

Skills willing to teach:

Techniques of Relaying (still recruiting here, folks!!!)

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:12 pm 

Hi. I'm Lynnutte, aka Relayer Corps, aka Ly'net.
I'm willing to contribute my managment skills, and I'm willing to learn and help create new ways to get information in the cavern itself. I'm not good at and have no interest in creating anything outside the cavern. I'll leave that to people who actually know what they are doing. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

I decided to update a wee bit early this first time, lol. Thank you, thank you Dudemom and Lynnutte for stepping forward so my silly name wasn't the only one on the list!

The more the merrier I say!

If I added your information incorrectly, just post again and I'll make the changes when I edit the post the next time.

~second post edited to here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

skills to contribute: guild operational structure prototyping, audio editing and recording as well as advanced streaming. Also musical and soundtrack skills

Skills to teach: audio editing and streaming using advanced usage of shoutcast servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Skills to contribute: Filming, acting and directing, audio and video editing, producing projects OOC/IC, streaming video and audio, photograher, collecting chatlogs and reports and make them in PDF.

Willing to teach others:
Filming, audio and video editing. Streaming video and audio.

Interested in learning:
Machinema producing, cavern communication in all ways, webdisign, Flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:24 am 
Obduction Backer

[Relayer] Sumatria (alt. Avi for Relayer Corps) KI # (will post as soon as I can remember it)

Skills: Relaying, Ki Mail, Evnt Coordination

KI #00031776
Have you had your HUG today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:59 pm 

Skills willing to contribute:
Surveying people in the cavern, Ki mail, Shouting to a very large buddy list (300).

Skills willing to teach:
How to get information out of people and interact with explorers

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:16 am 

Narym

Skills: Um, well, I can write goodly :P, organisation, and am also a bit of a people person. Have also done voice work, and have written scripts for voice

Skills to teach: How to write both dramatic and factual text, and maybe also some sort of voice coaching (maybe ;))

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I know sometimes it's hard to define what it is our skills are called. No worries, I'll just use your own words, mostly, and we can all see what you mean. Samsbase, Veralun, Sumatria, Andros, Narym; thank you all for your offers!

List updated to here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:44 am 
Obduction Backer

I apologize for being late to contribute to this discussion; I've been preoccupied with work.

Marten, 65644

Skills:
In-Cavern filming/directing, Audio/video editing and assembly, project management

Willing to teach:
In-Cavern filming/directing, Audio/video editing and assembly (including keying, masking, levels adjustment, synchronization, and other techniques and effects), video formats and compression.

My, uh, resume... http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/ :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:38 pm 

Shimmerillion
KI: 01204798

Skills to contribute:
- Digital Media (web design, graphic design, video/audio editing)
- Journalism (writing, layout, photography, proofreading)
- Voice (radio announcing, voice acting)
- Project Setup (organization, objectivity, able to see the big picture and come up with logical solutions)
- Project Management (work best with a small team on difficult, quick projects - don't really have time to commit to long-term projects unless they are "episodic" in nature)

Skills to learn: Whatever is needed to get the job done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow, we are building a list of really talented people with some wonderfully diverse skills. Marten, Shimmerillion, thanks!

Updated to here

Post subject: Cavern Criers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:48 pm 

Hi Ghaelen,
I was at the meeting when the Cavern Criers first became and I thought you had recorded my name as a Cavern Crier. I cant find where you have an updated list, so I am putting my name here. If this is not right, please PM me and let me know where to put my name.

Thanks,
boogihn meesahl KI # 10308647
Cavern Crier

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next