It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just a heads up: The Guild of Archivists will have a spot in Kirel during the Cavern Job Fair tomorrow. We'll be in the Community Room from 8:00 Cavern Time through midnight Cavern Time - and probably beyond - if anyone wants to straggle in from another time zone and chat. Initially it'll just be myself and my wife hanging out, but any Archivists interested in helping out are welcome to come by. I'm looking forward to plenty of discussion and pavement-pounding. :)

On a related note, the new Archive on DPWR should be ready to go live by Thursday, whether the rest of the site is at 100% functionality or not. I've put it off too long, and I think the draw of the Archive well outweighs the attraction of pretty much any other component of the site, so I'm giving it considerable priority at this point. I just have a few loose ends to tie up with the software, and a few tests to run with upgrading the live database to the new version, and we'll be ready to roll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

I thought the Fair was on November 3. Has that changed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yep It was moved forward so that it didn't interfere with the season finale, which starts on the 1st.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

The new Archive is up and running on DPWR. There are currently some issues with attachments not showing, or being connected to the wrong article, but these will be worked out over the coming days.

I would quickly like to point out that while I am aware that what DPWR has now isn't quite as powerful as a full-blown Wiki, I believe it has plenty of functionality for taking on the task at hand. Right now, it's not much more interesting than the previous version of the Archive, but it can (and hopefully will) grow into a lot more now that it's been upgraded.

If you would like to volunteer to help get the Archive back up to speed, please visit http://www.dpwr.net and sign up for an account. There is a lot of work to do, and I'm afraid I just don't have the time to get it done on my own. If you're unsure of what to do, please post in the forums and I'll be happy to give you something to do ;).

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:14 am 

Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
:shock: :shock:

Sooo muuuuch Greeen...

And blue

:shock: :shock:

Back on topic. I like the facelift. Although I haven't explored much of it recently I'm inclined to do it now. Good work :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:44 am 
Obduction Backer

I'd like to once again put the call out to anyone with an interest in D'ni History, or even an interest in recording the history of Uru Live, to visit DPWR and lend any assistance you can to the Archive. There's a lot to do, and so far it's just me and slightperil working on it. I'm about to collapse at the moment, but I'll be posting a more complete list of things that need doing on DPWR tomorrow, probably as an entry in the Archive linked from the main page for easy access and maintenance.

On a related note, I'm considering running something like a D'ni History Day in the Cavern to try and drum up interest and support for the Guild of Archivists, and discuss ways in which the GoA can interoperate with existing groups and the up-and-coming "official" Guilds. If anyone is interested in planning and/or attended, and has any suggestions to lend, please feel free to do so. I'm probably not going to be holding the event for a couple of weeks just so that I can get more ducks in a row on DPWR first, but I don't want to wait too long, so holding off until the "Fan-run episode" being kicked around at the moment for mid-December seems like a bit too long to go without making a ruckus ;). I might see about organizing something for the episode as well, but I we'll have to see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:06 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Thanks for all your work, Alahmnat!

I'll be checking out the new functionality of DPWR and will start plugging logs. On meeting in game, good idea.
An idea for a ticket /petition folks interested in history and archiving (and probably most of the guilds) could work on: If the KI is going to be reworked, or the imagers, a browser function (possibly with restricted internet access to approved fan sites) would be a good way to bring archived stuff back into the Cavern.
I love to read back upon things and discuss texts in game, but it's so difficult right now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2