It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:36 am 

Our photographer has offered his services for a second photoshoot at a time more agreeable to Australia and New Zealand (on Sunday morning European time). Hopefully he will be able to judge the angle he needs to take sufficiently accurately.

Would anyone like to pursue this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:37 pm 

I just realized that I won't be able to make the 13:00 KI time. I'm going to try, but don't wait for me. Assuming I don't make it, I would possibly be interested in an alternative time, depending on when it is.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:03 am 

The photo shoot went well until we tried to hit the Gahreesen conference room. Then, OMG, it was an adventure appropriate to the Maintainers. :shock:

Please folks, if you experienced bugs during the photo shoot (falling through the Gahreesen elevator, getting stuck at my bookshelf, etc), remember to do the Maintainer thing and log your bugs at the Uru support site. :wink:

There's some discussion about having another shoot at a different time so more people can attend and we can re-try the conference room adventure. My handprint is currently set there, so everyone's welcome to use mine next time. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:26 am 
Obduction Backer

I'd also like to note, we seem to have had poor timing, scheduling the photoshoot an hour before the all guild meeting.

Still, I got some interesting images of my own, so I'll get those uploaded to the site when I can. I'm interested to see what other people got.

KI #09700918 (Jon Smythe)
KI #10086594 (Hilz)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:29 am 

Thank you, everyone who attended.

I've now received the 99 raw images the photographer took (75 MB worth) and have uploaded a proportion to the GoMa Supporters photo repository. As is usual with photos taken in cavern, the lighting levels are not ideal so the images will need further work.

During the event I sent a KI mail with details of the web address for the photo repository. The user name and password in the KI mail will enable you to download individual photos, work on them in an image manipulation program, then upload the results. I've had a go at a couple, but no doubt others' image manipulation skills will far outstrip mine.

Don't forget to upload your own photos too!

If you were unable to attend but would like to look at and/or work on some of the images, send me a pm and I'll pass on the details.

A quick comment on the timing of the photoshoot: agreed, Jon. But it is tricky finding times to suit everyone given the different time zones we live in and our own RL commitments. We'll have to accept that sometimes there will be such clashes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Dot wrote:
A quick comment on the timing of the photoshoot: agreed, Jon. But it is tricky finding times to suit everyone given the different time zones we live in and our own RL commitments. We'll have to accept that sometimes there will be such clashes.

Oh, totally understood. I guess this is just more incentive to have another photoshoot for those that couldn't attend the first one.

Edit: I've uploaded my shots now. I think. They don't show up right away, do they? They're unedited and raw, and could probably use cropping and so forth.

KI #09700918 (Jon Smythe)
KI #10086594 (Hilz)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2