It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Message To The Guilds
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:14 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I haven't had much to say about Guilds except that I look forward to explorer influence via User Created Content and the Guilds are necessary to achieve it. I watch and wait for official sanction and your organizational efforts to bear fruit.

If there's anything I'd like to see remembered as the Guilds continue to form, it is these things:

Cyan's premise is widely regarded as providing the environment for a community to build itself. This aspect of Uru Live will be made or broken based on their support of your abilities.

Those who seek power and glory are usually the least deserving of your loyalty because they serve their own interests, not yours.

Those who require a push from the community to take positions of leadership often do the best job because they respect you, the community, and their place in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:05 pm 

Very wise words JW, very wise words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:52 pm 

Quote:
because they serve their own interests

But what if there own interests benefit the community? And what if his own interests inclueded what the community has a liking for?

Sorry lol, ignore me.

Goloth: 06046426

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 pm 

:roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Those who seek power and glory are usually the least deserving of your loyalty because they serve their own interests, not yours.

Those who require a push from the community to take positions of leadership often do the best job because they respect you, the community, and their place in it.

To echo Scyrone's post, I think there's a point in the middle between these two caricatures, full of people more than willing to step up and take charge on a project because they see it as something that needs to be done as a service to the community, not because they want to see their name in lights. While I'm sure many could quickly pigeon-hole the infamous Sydney Austin into the first category, for example, I think that so far, everyone working on the Guild project has stepped forward trying to make things better for everyone. It may be true that if you're running for President, you're probably not the best person for the job, but thankfully, I think the politics have been kept to a minimum throughout this collaboration, and those leading are doing so because they enjoy building something inherently greater than themselves.

At least, that's why I'm going through all this trouble... I dunno about the rest of you guys ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:34 am 

[spoiler=Click to reveal sarcasm]I'm in it for the cool Ages, clothing items, and story involvement that Cyan promised only to Guild members. :roll: :lol: [/spoiler]

KI# 00140468

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]