It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:56 am 
Obduction Backer

I know that Cyan has been thinking of ways to bring new explorers up-to-date on the history of the Cavern, and my mind has wandered over to the Guild of Actors. Though not a major guild (and not one of the new "official" five), I think that certain members of the Guild could be responsible for recreating Cavern events either on location or as part of a stage performance.

This also opens up the possibility of incorporating older Myst games into the series (ie. the player goes to a Myst "play book" where he or she can play through the game with the appearance of people explained away as actors and the appearance of (now destroyed, desolate, or inaccessible) locations explained away as reproductions of the originals. IC, this would allow people to actually experience the journey of the Stranger for themselves instead of playing it in a game.

But, my main allegiance lies with the first paragraph: actors recreating events in real time either on location or in a controlled "stage" environment. Comments?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]