It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:10 pm 

Alright the last card in this hand of Uru has been played and it is a bitter one.

I came to D'mala and by extension MO:UL for a single reason, sadly I guess I will not be seeing that particular door opened in MO:UL. While here it was my privilege to get involved with those as interested in the Maintainers Guild as I was, and helped to lay the groundwork in MO:UL for what I hoped the Maintainers Guild will become. I loved doing all I could as head of communications.

The time however it seems has passed for supporting Cyan's vision for the Guilds, and on behalf of my friends I formally drop "Supporter" from our title.

We are all the Guild of Maintainers there will be for Myst Online Uru Live.

The Guild of Maintainers GuildMaster's have already started talking on the Maintainer Forums about what comes next.

Yes it is going to be slower then if MO:UL was going but the Writers have already expressed the fact that they will continue on as always outside of MO:UL, and the general feeling among the Maintainers is that we still want to work with them. Besides most of the fun stuff we had been doing was like the Guild of Writers done in Uru:CC.

Where things go now is uncharted but the last days of MO:UL will be spent doing things with friends and seeing whats worth saving from MO:UL. I'll be sending out a newsletter via KI mail later tonight, and PM'ing a few people to see if they still want to continue on with us.

Last edited by MustardJeep on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:34 pm 

*claps* Well said, MJ.

As for continuing on -- I don't know about anyone else, but *I'm* sticking around. Can't get rid of me that easily!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:45 pm 

I've often said the only way the can take the cavern away from me is being prying it from my cold, dead fingers. Well, Gametap has pulled the plug. I'm still breathing and I'll keep Uru alive even if I spend the whole time giving it CPR!

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:51 am 

/me proudly stands up as the Official Guild of Maintainers Webmaster.

Yeah, that sounds nice. :)

In loving memory of James Oliver Rigney, 1948-2007.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:22 pm 

MustardJeep wrote:

We are all the Guild of Maintainers there will be for Myst Online Uru Live.

Well said, as always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

perhaps the ending has not YET been written.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:25 am 

"They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast!"

Eagles, Hotel California

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:02 am 

We have become the game we are becoming D'ni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Well said Mustard Jeep! I am following also.

Post subject: Action!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, in addition to my support for Mustard Jeep, we have to take action and not just let our good intentions and emotions be the end of it.

I am fairly new to URU and I am very disappointed by it being taken away. I have joined the Guild of Cartographers but I want to help the Guild of Writers. It occures to me that with out them, there is little for hte rest of us to do.

My question is- for those more involved that I - how do I contribute?
I don't have a strong background in programming, but I do have a love for D'ni and Myst. I have already conceptualized a small age complete with a few small puzzles and sketches of the machinery and landscape. I have ideas, and I am willing, I need a little direction. I have visited the Guild web sites as well, but they also seem to lack a direct contact route. Should I just start posting on their forum and ask? Is that the proper thing?

I am reved up and motivated. I want to help continue Uru!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:07 am 

@church99

Getting started is the rough part. So no worries just take a deep breath and dive in feet first if you see a thread that looks tempting.

Something that is sorely needed in the Guild of Writers forum are people that can do the basic concept work. There are literally hundreds of threads over there and elsewhere which people pitched good ideas in but no one grabbed it and took things to the next step. Drawing general maps of the proposed Age is a really important first step, same goes for sketching the loose bits and bobs in the Age. I'm only a part-time hobby level Writer but I can tell you having a map, and some rough sketches for things on the map make building it in 3D much easier! Being able to see more or less what's in someones head not just how they described it with words in a paragraph can be and is a real aid to the person who thought it up, and the people helping them make the Age.

I was telling valdez this the other day, the basic work doesn't have to look all that pretty. Basic shapes square, oval, circle, ect..... (Though the nicer more detailed it is the easier things are to model down the road. :) )

If you see something interesting to you, or see a open request for assistance on a Age that you want to answer; Do it! :D

You will find the Guild forums are rather informal.

Post subject: general direction
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Excellent!

That is what I needed I think.

I am very good at conceptualizing and fairly good at art work. I think that I can help out in that respect. I'll start there.

Appreciate the general direction. Sometimes that's what us newbies need!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]