It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

A warm "hello" from the Guild of Healers.

Our small group has been around since January, 2008, working slowly and carefully to restore the Guild of Healers. There isn't much information about this guild, but it was one of the 18 major guilds in the Cavern. Given that healing in all its forms were as important to the D'ni as to us, the Healers would have had a large, if quiet, presence in the Cavern. We don't, but we do think that we might be able to offer something of service to the general explorer Community.

You are cordially invited to join us in our discussions and future plans. Our restoration efforts are still taking shape, and this is a great time to be involved in our development. We see ourselves working closely with other guilds and other groups in the community to foster well being and harmony (with care and a healthy dose of humor...:)) Although we won't attempt to create a "utopia" (humans and D'ni alike are far too intelligent for that), we are discussing the possibility of a Ceremonial Age which the D'ni may have used for such events as weddings, memorials, celebrations (although not large events like St. Pat's parade), group conversations, individual contemplations, and walking meditations. If something like this interests you, we would love to have your input.

Follow the link to intersect with another path on which explorers journey.... Guild of Healers

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just made a proposal in the Guild of Healers' forum that they include mediation/arbitration in their guild charter. While they seemed to agree in principal, they did not want to "advertise" such services and would not step into any situation without an invitation. They also are waiting to hear from the rest of us as to whether this seems like a good idea.

The thread at the Guild of Healers is here.

David Tierce

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:54 am 

@dtierce

Not sure mediation/arbitration really fits for the Healers, but that is just me. I flipped through their forum and things like their "Circles" events they held in MO:UL are a good example of the basic fundamentals many Explorers share. If one of them helped with "Mediation" I feel it would probably happen as a mutual friend to the people having the argument.

@Ghaelen
Left a offer on your forums, if you want I'll help where I can but I am rather busy at the moment. As a group I see the Healers having fun in MORE playing in the IC role that the Healers Guild played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you to both of you for your thoughts. Now that we've been talking about these and several other things on the GOH forum, I'll come here and mention that, lol. Sorry, busy time right now. But I am very glad to see you both join the Healers! Things are about to get really fun.... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:29 pm 

From my point of view, still carrying a few scars from past mediation attempts, I'd prefer that the Guild of Healers take a more subtle approach. Sometimes a gentle nudge can change a group's direction, especially if applied early and continued, and the nudge needn't be anything more than providing alternatives. Various activities are known to foment healing in ways that threaten no one except those who like to be in perfect control. Looking at healing as a long-term process builds a foundation that places fewer restrictions on the kind of structure you put on top.

Mediation is for crisis amelioration. Healing, ideally, keeps the crisis from happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:51 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree LC. As a matter of fact, now that we've talked about it a bit, none of our members has agreed to even consider that the Guild might take on such a role. Most quake at the thought. There are other things we are talking about that might benefit the community, but mediation is not one of them.

While the notion of mediation in general is sound, there are so many pitfalls for explorers that the idea needs to be connected to a different group. Someone suggested the ResEngs. That is a much more comfortable thought for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:13 am 

Sorry guys, this is all a big misunderstanding. The GoH did not want to provide Mediation to the community. We wanted to provide MediTation. Sorry for the typo and the whole debate. :wink:
What a bunch of kill-joy. :roll:
Now, someone wants to object us meditating? :twisted:

ps: Just kidding. ;)

Guild of Messengers Website: www.guildofmessengers.com or http://rel.to/gome

Receive news on Facebook: http://rel.to/gome_fb or Twitter: http://twitter.com/GoMessengers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:01 am 

Ohm, what a loon I am......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:52 am 

Quote:
The GoH did not want to provide Mediation to the community. We wanted to provide MediTation.
Got to admit it though that this is a classsic. :D :D
Szark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kalypso wrote:
Sorry guys, this is all a big misunderstanding. The GoH did not want to provide Mediation to the community. We wanted to provide MediTation. Sorry for the typo and the whole debate. :wink:

Ah ha ha.... No, no one objects to meditation, they have objects of meditation. For the age, you know? Someone somewhere at some point in time mentioned they liked trampolines and had one we could use.

Quoting MustardJeep
Quote:
Ohm, what a loon I am......
After reading this I remembered that conversation.

I couldn't help thinking of a trampoline meditation circle.....

ooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooomphf

Now I just need to figure out how to get that chant OUT of my head.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]