It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:18 am 

Ok guys. Its DOWN. Indeed, our domain name expired. We apparently had a lack of communications between our GM's, so I am in the middle of getting the domain restored. Please bear with us. I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully it will be back within the next 48 hours. I will update you all when its done.

Thanks!

Nynaveve

In loving memory of James Oliver Rigney, 1948-2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Must be why you get paid the big bucks, are we looking at a bailout here? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:47 am 

Yeah, pretty much. I'm a bit upset, but what's happened has happened and must be dealt with. Lessons learned, taken to heart for next time, so there is no repeats of this. :roll: Ah well.... I'm going to do some self therapy with some .hack//sign episodes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, .hack//sign is an excellent series.

In light of this confusion, there will be some delay in the formal publication of the revised GoMa Wiki.
At least 3 more days of review should be allowed after the site resumes before I publish with those revisions.

David Tierce

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:04 am 

Thanks dtierce, and no worries. :) I think within the next 12 hours we should be back up and running. I have restored our domain, but it needs to re-propogate through the net before we'll be able to hit it again. I'm keeping an eye on it. Hopefully by the time I wake up we'll be back to normal. *crosses fingers and heads to bed....*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:47 pm 

Both the Website and Forum are down for now guys, we (the GM's of the GoMa) apologize for this.

Reason being is that our Domain name expired yesterday.

Unfortunately our web mistress and GM, Nynaveve had been trying to get a hold of this info, as the GM that had that information has dropped completely from site for a couple of months now. As such, we didn't have the information we needed to keep the domain name going.

After finding this out last night, Nynaveve pulled the money out of her pocket to renew the domain name (we're going to remburse her), however, the damage was done in that, the cost of renew due to the fact it had expired was VERY expensive, and we have to wait until it kicks in (I think it takes a business day). So the site may be down until tomorrow.

We apologize for this, as we know many people access our site for informaiton on Age Creation, Age Testing, and the on going competitions. We're very angry and upset over this ourselves, but what is done, is done, and we'll get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks for your patients.

Andy Legate
Grand Master, GoMa.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:56 pm 

andylegate wrote:
Thanks for your patients.

Andy Legate
Grand Master, GoMa.

No problem. We'll keep wounding 'em, you'll keep healing 'em. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:13 pm 

:lol: Rofl! Ha, nice one there Whilyam. Patience..... is a virtue. And I'm out of it. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, at least the website will be back soon, that's a good thing. A shame things had to run like they did, but there's nothing to do about it. Thanks Nynaveve for getting the domain name back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Can't we use the actual IP address in the mean time? Or is that a terribly old-fashioned idea? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:47 pm 

Yes, D'Lanor (and anyone else), it is possible to use the IP address. Just send Nynaveve a pm, and she'll sort it out.

I'd like to join with the other GoMa GMs in apologising for this. We were trying to cover for absent colleagues in general, but some essential information just wasn't passed on even when asked for in advance.

Nynaveve has acted as quickly as possible to retrieve the situation, and I'm grateful to her for all of her hard work behind the scenes on behalf of GoMa and the wider community. She does a good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:55 pm 

For those of you who are just dying to be on the website while the domain name is down, you may use the IP address:

Forum is at 67.159.129.115/Forum

Please beware, though, that many of the links are hardwired to use the domain name instead of being relative to the root directory. You may need to manually type in addresses to get where you want to go. :)

Right now I think we are looking at a return time of sometime Monday. Things work by business days, as Andy said earlier, so until then, we are stuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:14 pm 

Using the IP addy will work, just type in: http://67.159.129.115/Forum in your browser addy box and you'll get to the forum. More than likely, sometime tomorrow you can go back to using your bookmarks or the actual web address.

Again, we've taken measures to keep this from happening again, and we apologize GREATLY for this, as I know many people use our forum for private discussions an also hosting for your files.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the IP, Nynaveve and andy, I tried it in both a DNS resolver and the ping in command prompt, but unsuccessful both times =/

It's being really difficult to get around though, so I'll just check back tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll just be listening to Bleach OST 3.

And thanks for being so quick to resolve this too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:46 pm 

We are back up and running under the normal web address.

Thanks for waiting everyone, and sorry again for the inconvenience!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2