It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:20 pm 

The Guild of Messengers is proud to present our new website. Though it has been a long and hard road we have finally managed to build a community news portal for your convenience. Pop along to http://guildofmessengers.com/ using your existing GoMe Forum name and password to log-on. Please have a look around and if not registered consider making yourself at home. Or subscribe to the RSS News feed for any late breaking news. Plus we have a new “Submit news” facility. Post your Myst/Uru community based news and we’ll do all the work. A messenger will verify, proofread and publish. Hope to see you there.

Guild of Messengers - Serving the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Beautiful website, great job!

Now if I only could remember my existing GoMe account info... or did I even have one... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:54 pm 

Thank you on behave of the team. The main thing is that you found us D'Lanor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:26 pm 

I am not sure why the web site needed a complete redesign. The old Tweek-ish design was IMO better-looking than the current one, which is way too busy, among other things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:27 pm 

Well it was down to necessity I am afraid as we don't have resident webmasters anymore. We had to wait for a kind member of this community to help. After many many months of advertising and asking the silence was finally broken. We had bits spread all over the web and since the old domain name will soon expire something needed to be done. This is the result. I am not here to convince anyone come and see for yourself.

"Way too busy", hey we are a busy Guild. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:48 pm 

Szark wrote:
"Way too busy", hey we are a busy Guild. :)

I suppose that makes Google a very un-busy company, given their spartan layout?

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

ddfreyne wrote:
I am not sure why the web site needed a complete redesign. The old Tweek-ish design was IMO better-looking than the current one, which is way too busy, among other things.

I prefer the new one.

That said I do think the link to the forums needs to be a little more obvious, and the forums themselves could use less whitespace, it breaks up the flow of conversation/text when reading.

[edit] to make what I actually meant clearer as not to ruffle more feathers, apologies for causing a problem.

Last edited by Tweek on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:

That said I do think the link to the forums needs to be a little more obvious, and the forums themselves could use less whitespace, it breaks up the flow of conversation/text when reading.

From what I understand they are working on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:49 pm 

I saw the new site, the white background was a bit much for me.I promise to visit again after I get to Relto and grab my goggles.

Good to read that is being taken care of. The site from what I saw, looked professionally done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:14 pm 

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your concern. I have been involved in creating the site, though I am not a messenger.

In fact, the whitespace in the forums has been fixed. That said, the amount of contrast was deliberately chosen, it was a specific request from the individuals that work the site.

Additionally, the placement of the forum link was discussed and unanimously chosen by the Guild.

It was a lot of hard work to combine twelve different sites into one, it is not just a forum. I am sure in time we will all get used to the changes, and of course suggestions for improvements are always welcome.

Thanks again for your positive input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:19 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Sophia wrote:
the amount of contrast was deliberately chosen, it was a specific request from the individuals that work the site.

Praise them! I like contrast. Contrast is good. The tendency of the artsy smartzy types toward low contrast and blend confusion is inexplicable in terms of human interface and designs that drive you mad.

Some web guys disagree.

:P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]