It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:08 am 

I logged in to the DWPR site earlier today and was able to read posts and compose a new message and preview it. However, when I attempted to submit it, the transfer wouldn't take. I noticed that most of the most recent posts are several months old, and so I can't tell what the status of the GoA is at present. I know they were excitedly anticipating MORE when last active, but now what ???

Anybody heard anything from Alahmnat or anyone?

MOUL KI#10695353 (deactivated)

MOULA KI #54271

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:45 am 

I beleive that the GoA is on a hiatus.

Alahmnat is very busy working on the 2009 & 2010 Mysteriums Projects.

You could try a pm from here. See pm button, bottom left of this post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:11 pm 

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:54 pm 

MOUL KI#10695353 (deactivated)

MOULA KI #54271

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Oy, I need to get out more, heh...

In the interests of open discussion, I'll just respond here publicly rather than trying to repeat myself in several places.

I'll not beat about the bush with this: the DPWR website is in need of some serious work at the moment. The software that powers the site is overdue for an update, and the next major release has been delayed by the developer. Since I was delaying additional work and even some maintenance until the new software was released because it's supposed to have already been out for several months now (but isn't), the duct tape and twine that've been keeping things together at the seams has started falling apart.

On the subject of posting, there is presently a problem with the processing routines that keeps the software from directing posters back to their topic after making a post. The message does go through, and if you use the back button to get to the topic (or topic list) then reload the page, you'll see your message included. I'm working on figuring out what the problem is, but it may yet be a while before it's fixed. The only thing that members with less than 5 posts can't do is send private messages using the PM system, because we had a spammer flood a fairly substantial portion of our user base with a bogus PM to a spam URL. To discourage future abuse of the PM system by spammers, the PM system has been restricted to members with more than 5 posts.

To the subject of the GoA's current status, we're sort of in a holding pattern until something happens with Uru. We're still open to contributing to an open-source Uru project in a similar fashion to our planned contributions to and participation in MORE. If a system for canonizing community-built content is developed, we'll contribute to it and include that content in the Archive (call me an exclusionary cyantologist if you want, but the Archive has always been for Cyan-sanctioned material only; fan fiction is too much of a can of worms to be able to successfully archive it because it can be even more self-contradictory than canon). Even in the absence of such a system for canonizing content (which I would love to see for more than just Uru material), we'll at the very least be around to offer our services to content creators who want to make sure they don't contradict the D'ni canon.

In the meantime, there's still work being done on various in the Archive. If you're interested and have the time, feel free to lend a hand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]