It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guild of Archaeologists
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:28 am 

I was thinking about this earlier and I'm considering setting up a Guild of Archaeologist Bevin. Archaeology is (or at least should be) a major aspect of the restoration and it would be nice to have a group where we could discuss or maybe even hold a few rp storylines. I am very interested in archaeology and regularly read reports on excavations and go to lectures/field trips. I even got to take part in a dig in Kilkenny a few years ago which was really exciting. :)

What is everyone's opinion on this? Would you be interested?

KI #00066107

I never asked to be born, but since I'm here, I'm taking over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:05 am 

That sounds neat. Might I suggest looking in two different directions before trying to start something from scratch. One is my own organization the Society of Anthropologist, Psychologist and Sociologists (SAPS). We are a scientific organization and could easily make room for your archeological interest (lectures, "articles", etc). As to rp storylines, you might want to check out Subterranean Restorations though their website looks inactive, I have seen Professor Clarke over at the DRC site forums. You might PM him. I know they actively ran stories about their archeological work back during the gametap days.

If neither of those options is not right for you, then start your own group. The term "guild" has story significance on the URUverse, so you might want a different name for your group. Otherwise, I wish you the best.

MOULa KI: 00214606

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:14 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I just created a neighbourhood called The D'ni Archaeological Society. If anyone's interested in joining, leave a message here or send send a KI message to 1380730. The first method is probably better though as I may not be online.

Unfortunately, never having created a Bevin before, I did it 3 times as I wanted a wanted a clock, and now there's a (2) at the end of the name. How would I go about removing that and how do I get the clock?

KI #00066107

I never asked to be born, but since I'm here, I'm taking over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:38 pm 

My understanding is you'll continue to get the "(XX)" each time you make a new bevin. And to get the clock I believe its just random. So you keep trying until you get what you want.

As to SR and SAPS I was in both of those, and had a fairly good time when I was there. I'm not sure what SR is doing anymore as I relieved myself of duty shortly after the Gametap downfall of MOUL. And SAPS, we were kinda stuck not able to do anything when it went down.

As an archaeologist in RL, I can help with your venture as much as I can and wish you luck! But there will be many different issues to contend with trying to tie archaeology and the D'ni digital world, which is why we were Anthropogists instead of Archaeologists in SAPS!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]