It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guild Entries in Archive
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:16 pm 

Hello from the Guild of Archivists. While much of the information we keep in the Archive is timeless, our information on the player run Guilds is quickly outdated. We would appreciate anyone from the major Guilds who is willing to update the archive entry for their guild, or post in the related thread what needs to be changed so that we can do it.

The relevant entries are:

Guild of Cartographers thread
Guild of Greeters thread
Guild of Maintainers thread
Guild of Messenger thread
Guild of Writers thread

Since we are on the topic of cross guild activity, I believe that all inter-guild liaison positions with the Guild of Archivists are open.

p.s. while this not the big recruitment drive message, GoA is eager for new members. Feel free to come over to www.dpwr.net and find out what we are about.

MOULa KI: 00214606

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:59 am 

I've checked the Cartographers' page. Other than a couple of grammar and typos (I fixed 'em) it is pretty much up to date.

I'm not sure how much current information we want to add. The GoC has a Twitter account: GoCartog. The GoC Bevin has been set up. I need a couple of people in the GoC to add av's to the Bevin so I'm not the only one that welcomes members into the Bevin. I Twitter when I'm going to be in Cavern. For now Saturday mornings. Catch me in world or post in one of the guild Join Threads.

Nal 00083543 Devokan Bevin
GoC 00219651 GoC Bevin - Temp AV
Nalates 00111541 GoC Bevin
Nal GoMa 01005387 - GoMa Bevin

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:13 am 
Obduction Backer

The Guild Councilors for the Guild of Writers are

Hoikas -- Technical Direction
Lontahv -- Artistic Direction
Kato -- Interguild Relations

We rewrote our structure document sometime in the past with a provision for Guild "Members" to become Guild "Representatives" who can raise and vote on issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 am 

Thank you Nalantes. I think we will add a link to each guilds twitter, but let me think about it.

Adam, I have made the changes you posted about. Please double check that they are correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:30 am 
Obduction Backer

The spelling for councilors changed to counselors at the bottom of the page. Nitpickyness tells me to point out that councilors is the correct term. Other than that, it's perfect. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 pm 

good catch. I fixed them all to the proper term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perfecto. No cambies nada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:02 pm 

The information on the GoMe page seems still updated. However we could change something in our structure in the near future :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:46 pm 

The information on the GoMa as far as "Guild Leaders" are concerned needs to be updated.

The leaders of the guild eventually stepped down from that position this past summer, and have since then simply acted as moderators for the GoMa forum. There were many reasons for this, the main one being that at the time, there was no activity with much of the community, the cavern was of course still down, and some of the guild leaders had RL issues to take care of.

The guild still has "Guild Members" who are registered members at the forum, that have their name changed to a maroon color at requesting to be listed as an actual Guild Member by the system admin (Nynaveve). Other members of the forum, who register, but declare themselves as part of another guild have their names color coded to identify with that guild (green for GoG, Black for GoW, Yellow for GoMe, etc, etc).

With the opening of the Cavern by Cyan these past few weeks, many of the former "Guild Leaders" have returned (or became much more active again). It was agreed upon by several of us that no one will be simply reappointing themselves as a "Guild Leader" , but that instead the GoMa will host elections for all those interested in seeking leadership within the Guild (stressing that "Leadership" is merely to help facilitate functions of the Guild in a mostly OOC manner, to help manage and facilitate IC functions that may happen in the Cavern, etc). These elections will most likely happen in the immediate future, but there does not seem to be a rush for it at this time.

The following people can be contacted for anyone wishing to "Join" the GoMa Hood in the Cavern, and our KI numbers are listed on our forum (which can be read without any registration):
Mongomery
Dot
Nynaveve
Frisky Badger
Andy Legate (note: on forums I run my name together, old habit from old software)
Jishin
Musterd Jeep

However, any member of our hood can invite, or help someone become a member if they so desire, or impart any information that might be needed.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 am 

Leonardo, thank you for checking. Please keep us informed if you change your structure.

Andy, Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough response. I have changed the article to reflect the information you have provided. Please check my edits for accuracy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:12 am 

Looks good!

My Tutorials

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]