It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:11 pm 

Kalypso wrote:
You forgot Dot that the Cavern Criers are distributing an Events Ki Mail which includes this event. But I can't blame you for that. :D
And that is event is reported in english, french,italian and portuguese

Oops, sorry, Kalypso :oops:

But way to go! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 pm 

I got a feeling this is going to be a great weekend =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

There is supposedly a GoMe liaison to the GoW... Fail. I guess I need to purge some people form the liaison user group then :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:00 am 

Prof Julian Lapin wrote:
What a brilliant notion. I shall see to it that someone from CCN is in attendance.

I will be there. :)

~Yeesha~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:13 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
There is supposedly a GoMe liaison to the GoW... Fail. I guess I need to purge some people form the liaison user group then :\
As I am not a part of GoMe anymore I feel I don't have hold my tongue like I used to.

Well if you started to communitcate with others properly then things might happen. So instead of posting comments like this...help out. Unless you really don't care then show a little restraint and understanding.

Understand that they are few and they are trying their best and that fact that you didn't even know who the liaison is/was shows something in itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 am 

We may have a problem....It seems I can't to access MOULa. It gives me "Internal Error" upon login.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm 

I wouldn't worry, it's almost work hours here in the Pacific Time Zone, so logic would suggest that Cyan will fix that issue in a few more hours.

~Yeesha~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:55 pm 

Crazyraider and I have the same problem logging in as Leo does. But we will be there just as soon as we can make it down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 pm 

Been trying to get in for this... But alas... Server is down :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:20 pm 

So let's have this weekend here, if it's impossible in cavern :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:43 pm 

Well... this seems to have thrown a proverbial monkey wrench into the mix...

But this shouldn't be a problem. Remember, this Guild Fair is going to run all of today and all of tomorrow.

When we start isn't as important as the fact that we get in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Szark wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
As I am not a part of GoMe anymore I feel I don't have hold my tongue like I used to.

Well if you started to communitcate with others properly then things might happen. So instead of posting comments like this...help out. Unless you really don't care then show a little restraint and understanding.

Understand that they are few and they are trying their best and that fact that you didn't even know who the liaison is/was shows something in itself.

I'd love to hear how I don't communicate properly with others. It's not my job to investigate why the liaison is not posting news or whatever you guys determined a liaison's job to be (I am the "Guild Councilor" of Technical Direction--yet I seem to be expected to pull the load of an entire triumvirate on top of my course load. I can't do everything, despite popular belief.). I never requested a liaison, but, when I knew we had one, I expected all pertinent things to be relayed. I'd have no issue here if I was informed that the liaison had moved on or whatever. I'd know "oh, let me check the GoMe forum."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:13 pm 

Hrm... it would appear the Cavern is still shut down...

We'll need to see how quickly things get fixed... if it takes so long that we can't get in all of today, we might want to consider pushing this off for next weekend.

It's not that the word isn't spread around enough... quite the opposite. I'm just afraid that if we try to cram the entire Guild Fair into Sunday, not everyone who wants to get in will get in, or it will be so full in Kirel that people will suffer from massive lag issues.

Again, it's kind of touch-and-go at the moment, but perhaps it's something we should consider as a contingency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:42 pm 

In the meantime, taking up TomVal's idea of having the fair right here, you might like to browse the list of organisations, guilds and groups here on the forum (compiled from Artic Wagon's original thread and other information).

If you spot a gap in the information (e.g. Cavern Criers!) consider posting a short paragraph about the group, with links to any forum, wiki or website. Then I will go through the posts in the coming week and add the information to the list.

Of course, you might also find a new group that sounds just right for you -- I was struck by how many and varied the groups were when working on the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:28 am 

UPDATE (to be copied to first page of this thread):

As a result of the Authentication Server failure this weekend, we've opted to move the Guild Fair back to NEXT weekend (i.e. The weekend of April 3rd+4th).

The primary reason for doing this is due to A) limited time and B) constrictions.

The idea of spanning the Guild Fair over a two-day period was to make it so anyone could come in at anytime, learn what they wanted at a casual pace, and leave when they feel content. When you have 48 hours, it's much easier to get a larger group into a small space such as Kirel with minimal problems.

If we were to try to cram the event into tomorrow (being Sunday, and having only one day of the Guild Fair), we'd be liable to be limiting certain people from visiting the fair and missing out on opportunities to learn, as well as running the risk of rejection. With only 24 hours now (again, assuming Cyan would have a fix by tomorrow), more people will try to squeeze into a shorter time-block. This would lead to a much larger crowd which would also lead to other people being limited from getting in due to size and lag constraints.

So, be sure to change your calendars, get the message out to whoever you can, and we look forward to seeing you next weekend. Until then, feel free to roam around the sites Dot was suggesting and get a brief look at what's to come next weekend.

Thank you for understanding, and we'll see you down there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next