It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Guilds Revisited
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 pm 

A while ago I did what was supposed to be a complete series on all five Guilds, going into the challenges each one faced. I wasn't that thrilled with the outcome (not every Guild was covered and the coverage was largely superficial) so I'm revisiting the Guilds. In the coming days, I'll be posting articles on my blog and posting links here and on the Guild of Writers (and other Guild sites if they tell me they don't mind my criticism of them on their forums).

January 2, 2011: Guild of Maintainers
January 6, 2011: Guild of Messengers
January 24, 2011: Guild of Writers
February 06, 2011: Guild of Greeters
March 22, 2011: Guild of Cartographers

Last edited by Whilyam on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:58 pm 

Nice article Whil I completely agree with your assessment of the Maintainers. I look forward to reading your other articles on the various Guilds. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 pm 

Not bad at all, Whil. I do hope we get to the day where the GoMa and the GoW can work side by side without constant posturing and bickering with the ULTIMATE goal of getting Ages approved for the MOULa server (AHEM!.../me looks to CYAN). Just got to keep attending those All Guild Meetings and otherwise and see if details can be hammered out in due time through peaceful chat. The only way things will truly work is if we all work together. Keep your eyes open folks! Things may get interesting. ;)

I look forward to more articles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:19 am 

Well the Guild of Maintainers needs to reorganize themselves into an active Guild before they can work with the Guild of Writers. I think the plan that Whilyam detailed out in his article will be great once the Maintainers manage to reorganize. There are very few active Maintainers at this point. It would be a perfect time to reorganize the Maintainer Guild so that it can become more active. Once that happens more interest in the Guild itself could be generated. I like the Writer-Maintainer buddy system that Whilyam outlined. It would be an excellent system when we get to that point. Ultimately though the Maintainers Guild needs to be reorganized so we can get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:15 pm 

Since not everyone reads a blog, it was copied and posted on the GoMa forum.

Discussions welcomed:

http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Forum ... 174#p15174

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm 

Well, since I can't post on the Maintainer forum and it'd be bad form to bring arguments from other forums here, I guess you will all sit around and talk to yourselves until one of those things changes. Have fun. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:38 pm 

Oops. Sounds like with the forum restart back on Oct. 9th, your permissions were reset. I'll go fix that right now, and you should have no problems posting.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:18 am 

The Guild of Messengers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:05 pm 

Discussion of the GoMe article is here: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/forum/ ... ew-whilyam
Everyone is welcome to contribute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm 

re: Dot's Groups, guilds and organisations list
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 453#331453

Out of curiosity, does anyone knows the dates that these groups, guilds or organisations were created.

Suggestion: if you know of any, send the info(s) to Dot who might be willing to add this to her list beside each entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 am 

The GoC founding information resides on UruObession.com spread through the forum. The summary of the guild is recorded in the Archive. It includes links to some of the historical threads.

The first Grand Master was confirmed January 21, 2004.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 am 

Thank you for the info and the link Nalates.

It was forwarded to Dot...
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 944#361944

Seems to me that we can find more infos about the ancient guilds than the modern ones. :lol:
Yours has more fine details. (dates & names) Image

Going to check for the name of the first modern Grand Master of the GoC.

I beleive I know the name of the last one. ImageImage

Edit:
Quote:
The great Guild of Cartographers of Uru was formed as a hobby in the LIVE era, November 2003 to February 2004. The initial impetus for forming was from Pa'trick The Futographer. He eventually was informally elected as the Guild's first Grand Master.

GoC - Guild History
Guild members active and involved during the founding of the Guild in 2004 were: Pa'trick, Ricka, EyeDE, Moiety Jean, Sel-than, Janniran, M'Kenzi, Nalates, Jack294, myridean, Linkin Imp, CeeVee, and L-Annai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 am 

The modern day restored GoC has only ever had two Grand Masters, Pa'trick and Aiden, with Aiden being the last. Neither was elected. The group sort of stuck whoever was doing the most with the job by a sort of confirmation. Basically a 'How about so-and-so be Grand Master... anyone object?' type thing. If someone wanted to object, they needed to provide a better alternative. Avoided lots of bureaucratic waste and delays. Of course at the time, there was lots of fun stuff to explore and no one wanted to be stuck running a guild.

Because Uru Obsession was the primary forum early on for the Uru community it was the central place for fan groups to form. I suspect there is considerable history regarding guilds buried in the UO forum. It is just a matter of knowing the names and approximate times and being persistent enough to find the information.

For a time I encouraged others to record their history in the Archive. I'm not sure how much info others have put there.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 am 

The Guild of Writers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:09 pm 

Guild of Greeters

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next