It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:24 am 

Some people forget that Ti'ana 'broke' the rules of Age making by making an Age that the stoic D'ni Guilds never would have approved of. She also proved that anyone who had the desire and was willing to learn the difficult art of writing could write their own Ages.

Aitrus was shocked but he liked her work, and if it was good enough for Atrus... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:30 am 

Some of you know I don't say much on the forums but this morning I was down now I am high. High with the thought of what this community is capable of. Yes I am a newbie (in relative terms) but I do pay attention sometimes.

What is it that we all want? - The cavern back and to keep it. To make it grow, make it popular. The only way I can see that happening is to make it an attractive and warm environment. - Where everyone is welcome. Bring our differences together to show what we can really do when we put our minds to it. Not for yourself so much but for each other and for the future Myst fans. 12 months from now I still want to be proud of involving myself in this varied community. Cyan has thrown the gauntlet down shall we rise to the challenge or falter. I am up for the challenge.

As for the technical side of things we will just have to wait and see what happens. I am patient. Now that I know what is happening I can now up my game. More stress oh well there is always a price.

See you all soon

Last edited by Szark on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:33 am 

Nice post, Szark :)

Now, the question I have not seen yet, if this is a drastic change in the landscape of what was to be MORE, I conclude this is NOT MORE.

Then what the heck are we going to call it? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Right there, Papa Smurf... :D

And I could quote sooo many of you all here... you're all just sooo great!!!

As I also want to give my two cents here to show my appreciation to Cyan and to you all
I'll quote myself from my "Great Tree" post:

Wow!!! That's just about the limit!!! That beats just everything!!!... Image
That's totally freedom... it's just sooo awesome!!! I love you CYAN!!! I knew you are the best!!!... Image

I very much rely on our experienced and great community and strongly believe this to be true

"We also are pretty sure that releasing MystOnline will result in some pleasant surprises for us.
Our fans have always been so innovative, creative, and resourceful! ...
...it is our hope that with the help of dedicated core fans (if you are reading this, it probably means you)
that a safe and secure MystOnline server set (many servers from around the world working together as one)
can be created that will let people explore and live in UruLive. "

What a day!!! Yay!!! Thank you Cyan!!! Thanks to this awesome community!!!

I know we'll make it... And the Ending has not yet been written...indeed...:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 am 

I can tell you right now. The more technically minded people of our community are already anticipating the release of the data. Things will happen very fast. I suggest everyone hold on and try to enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:44 am 

Not to get too mystical here but...

When you go back to all the various Myst story lines, the novels and so on, we are now able to do exactly what the canon describes:

1. Write ages.
2. Exlpore them.
3. Make mistakes in writing ages and learn from them.
4. Share the wonder of those ages with everyone else.

Is it going to be hard work? Yup.
Will visions clash, diverge and come together? Yup.
Will there be politics? Yup.
Will there be freedom and wonderful surprises? Yup.
Are we going to have an absolute blast making it all happen? Yup!

I wonder if Cyan, especially Rand and Robyn too, had any idea just how prophetic this whole thing was back in 1995?

(Good ponderables here.)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:46 am 

BAD wrote:
I can tell you right now. The more technically minded people of our community are already anticipating the release of the data. Things will happen very fast. I suggest everyone hold on and try to enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

I am so very, very pleased you are in the know and we are very much in your capable hands Bad, we should be ever so grateful to you and your FRIENDS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:52 am 

Heh. No worries, I am not touching a thing.

The only thing I know is that the GOW is near exploding with energy.

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:52 am 

BAD wrote:

What are you talking about? Any true roller coaster enthusiast knows that the only way to enjoy the ride is to let go! :P

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:53 am 

Quote:
I am so very, very pleased you are in the know and we are very much in your capable hands Bad, we should be ever so grateful to you and your FRIENDS.

Forest? Trees? Didn't think so. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:59 am 

Frisky Badger wrote:
BAD wrote:

What are you talking about? Any true roller coaster enthusiast knows that the only way to enjoy the ride is to let go! :P

You have a very valid point! :D

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:00 am 
Obduction Backer

I can haz roller coaster age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
I like the Many Servers, Many Universes idea. That everyone may have Uru as they like it. That's what's always bugged me.

Personally I'm very attached to the concept of continuity and the fact that we (as players) could all evolve in a single universe.. Obviously the new direction totally throw this out the window, but I guess that's the price to pay so Uru can continue and evolve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:07 am 

This is indeed good news! I don't know a thing about writing ages, but I know how to enjoy them :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:11 am 

aloys wrote:
Whilyam wrote:
I like the Many Servers, Many Universes idea. That everyone may have Uru as they like it. That's what's always bugged me.

Personally I'm very attached to the concept of continuity and the fact that we (as players) could all evolve in a single universe.. Obviously the new direction totally throw this out the window, but I guess that's the price to pay so Uru can continue and evolve.

The problem is when you force everyone to play a game one way, you stifle those who have a different idea of how it should be played. Eventually those people stray to other games.

In this if you set up a server to be canon friendly, you attract those of like mind. If the idea is a popular one, then you'll get a lot of people. If not, then you at least can play as you wish to.

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next