It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 pm 

Whatever we call the software, the servers or the project, that is all just the wrapping paper.
The place I'll go to play, the real present, is URU.

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:47 am 

Zenguy wrote:
Whatever we call the software, the servers or the project, that is all just the wrapping paper.
The place I'll go to play, the real present, is URU.

thats right but MOOSE sound great........ :D

or
"URU TANE" URU THE AGES NEVER ENDS

:!: to be shure that it is not tooo stupid, go to : knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclopedia/Tane/ :!:

Tane
In Polynesian mythology, Tane is the god of trees and light, and the first son of Rangi and Papa. As a young boy, he was hunted by Atea. Escaping to Earth, Tane became very hungry and ate a man, becoming the first cannibal. He later killed Atea with lightning bolts, given to him by his ancestor, Fatu-tiri. He created the dawn, as well as the Tui, a bird that was a staple food of the Polynesians.
With Hina, he was the father of Hine-nui-te-Po, whom he later married, not knowing who she was. Upon discovering that she had married her father, Hine-nui-te-Po fled to the underworld, and began ruling there as queen.

Tane's eternal enemy is Whiro. Tane created Tiki, the first man.

it sounds mystic isn't it so :?:

Meine Welt unter "vulpes.ch.vu" ;-)

Alex the Helvetian
MOUL again KI Nr. [ID00640334]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:35 am 

I think the best idea for a name is something that Myst fans would recognize, at the same time for those who do not know of the Myst Series something that stimulates the imagination

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Myst Unleashed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:15 am 

Karkadann wrote:
I think the best idea for a name is something that Myst fans would recognize, at the same time for those who do not know of the Myst Series something that stimulates the imagination

MOOSE

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Judging from the main page it looks like Cyan is going for OSUL (Open Source Uru Live). :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

OSUL, huh? Well, I still think vid's suggestion of "Uru" captured the spirit entirely, regardless of people trying to confuse the issue with trying to say if it's offline or online (even if Uru Live never really started making it a bit moot).

So long as it's not that "MOOSE" I'll live with it :wink:

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Darn, I was going to say MOOSE... :?

Myst Online Open SourcE :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:12 am 

Speak for yourself

OSUL is a mouthful, so i'll be personally sticking to MOOSE

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:50 am 

As I like Futurama I have to add

SLURM Soon Live Uru Remembers Myst

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:21 am 

Uru Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 am 

thebutler93 wrote:
Uru Live.

reminder that "Uru Live" was intended to come after the prologue of Uru back in 2003/4, then Ubi made the mistake of pulling funding, that iteration of the game failed, sorry.

Uru live not only used a different version of Plasma, and Physics, but is vastly inadequate, loads of problems, some physics relating to Havok, not just mac porting, Cyan really did need the money to clean it up.

back when prologue closed down, a couple of the developers talked about some of corners they had to cut in order to get the game out in the state they did. One of these is sub worlds, but it doesn't look like that they changed that perspective.

Sub worlds is a good idea, and I think is based off of instancing, maintaining a constant inertia was one issue.
I wish they got rid of those myself.

Had uru live become a reality, it would have probably have become the preferred place to to meet up in a virtual environment, sad as it is some guys from prologue took the initiative and formed Linden Labs and Second Life (noticed how their logo is very similar to the journey cloth, thats no accident), it would have also allowed for a strong modding community, that is about 1/3 now of what it was.

Sorry to spoil it for you, but that title is for a non existant game, MOOSE is coming which is a variation of the Until Uru theme for MOUL, but completely open source.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Grogyan, MOUL was a later iteration of UL, a flawed, broken, and imperfect iteration, but, it was still a new Iteration of Uru Live.

On that note MOOSE is not necessarily a good name, either. As far as any "official" name, we only have "Open Source Uru Live".

We have the chance to restore at least /part/ of the shine of Uru Live, with OSUL. It is a "Uru Live" a new iteration. Regardless of the history, MOUL was, essentially. "Uru Live" considering Until Uru ended, when its purpose was fufilled, and its title made meaningless. Uru Live returned, flawed, imperfect. We have a chance to fix that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:56 pm 

UruLive:HeadForTheOpenSource
UL:HFTOS

it was worth a shot...

Fan Maintained Uru
F'M'URU

UruInRealTime
uhm... ok, when has it not been in realtime. :wink: Oh yeah, someone made a slideshow thingy a little while back.

UhmWhobaOpenSourceUru!
UWOSU!

heheheh... this may have been my first try at the "pin a name on the OpenSource UruLive" game. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:22 pm 

Uru :P

And don't be fooled by the people calling the new Uru MOOSE, they're just testing names for Cyan's next great game, "Manhole Online Open Spelunx Experience"!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next