It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dedicated Server Support
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 pm 

Hey every one,

I've always enjoyed playing the Myst single player games. When I heard that Myst Live was on gametap I thought that was really cool, I never got into it but sounded cool none the least. So just so I'm clear my never played this game online. :)

After reading about the open source deal that's in the planning stages it appears that Cyan is going to release server files for the community.

I'm very interested in this, because I host a wide range of games on a dedicated server in a data center with in Seattle Wash.

I currently got a Quad core 2.4ghz 4 gigs of ram etc server and what not. But I do have a few questions.

Does Myst Live use quite a bit of resources on servers? How much bandwidth does it use in a given month? Is there a cap on the amount of people that can join a given world/server? Is there a place where I can find more information regarding the server side of things?

Thank you for your time,

Bigk :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:09 pm 

i have the same questions, because i also want to host a didecated server. i only build 1 from scratch and that isnt that good. if i must upgrade a server i must know what he is using.
but im working more in a home server

ps: what for os are you using on the server(s)?

Server maintainer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:54 pm 

I think we only have speculative answers to those questions for now. I know we have discussed it here and on the GoW and OpenUru.org forums. These forums are searchable using Google's site: modifier.

See THIS POST for more info.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Indeed. The known stats are for an older version of the server with different software requirements. Should the server be open-sourced at some point, the initial requirements may not even stay the same as improvements and changes are made.

Very little but speculation is available at this time.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:31 am 

Could someone from Cyan or Amazon give us some current statistics? I realize it's running on a cloud, but surely their network monitoring software provides some of this information.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]