It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
On the other hand, it was kinda fun to exploit some of the "bugs" in Uru Live. I still miss "sign dancing" in Ae'gura.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:15 am 

TOOO wrote:
On the other hand, it was kinda fun to exploit some of the "bugs" in Uru Live. I still miss "sign dancing" in Ae'gura.

Heh heh, & jumping over the cones before the DRC officially allowed entry into the various areas of Ae'Gura :lol:

Post subject: Bugs can be fun
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:28 am 

I have to agree that bugs in URU are great fun. Half the fun of URU for me was finding places or bugs that allowed me to slip into places I shouldn't. My fav was finding out I was able run climb jump or jump my way into the two tree tops of the trees on the island in the water sphere of Ahnonay Age. Bummed me when they fixed it so I couldn't get into the big tree by the pedestal. The standing on water was fun to. Walking the cavern main stairs railings on the first landing from the top. I think some of the best were the super jump glitches. One was from the rooftop over the wall into upper city when blocked off at the top of the stairs at the start. Another good one was in Tosgal Garden and other garden ages. To much stuff to name here. One could start an entire thread on it, though probably been done already.

:roll: Oh yeah well the tent was the classic nitch and walking around the building to the other and over on top the light posts in front.

Last edited by Jahmen on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:05 am 

Some of my happiest times were spent sitting on top of the tent.

Post subject: open source
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm 

X's off each and every day until I get back HOME again.... knows patience is a virtue, but feeling very anxious now... promises not to have an anxiety attack :lol: prays Cyan can see the way now and maybe, just maybe.... we will get our homes back sooner :?: thanks Chogun for update!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Before someone invented "Fly Mode" I really liked the "hole-in-the-floor" bugs that allowed you to see the construction behind the scenery. There was one in Teledahn just off the elevator in the third floor of the 'shroom, but my favorite was the one in the second landing of the Great Stair. I think that's where I discovered that the Kadish Gallery was really part of the city.

For some reason I got a lot of enjoyment out of seeing things we weren't supposed to see.

Walt

walt: KI #00193642
walt scRIVENs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:27 pm 

walt_scrivens wrote:
For some reason I got a lot of enjoyment out of seeing things we weren't supposed to see.

I think everyone does. It's part of human curiosity.

In fact, I for one am developing the opinion that certain "bugs" should be left in games as easter eggs if they're non-harmful, if they make for a more interesting experience. In some cases, I would even encourage cultivating those bugs and making them appear elsewhere.

There's a game called Dwarf Fortress that some of you may have heard of. It's rife with "good bugs," such as goldfish that can tear a man's arm off, or creatures not understanding the concept of "WAAAAAAGH HELP HELP, I'M ON FIRE!!! IT BURNS, IT BURNS!", but the developer keeps trying to fix those bugs. I really wish he'd leave some of them in, because if he makes the game a 1:1 facsimile of reality the way he plans on, all of the things that make the game interesting will be gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 pm 

I can't really think of any Uru bugs that I would consider gameplay-enhancing. It's not a rules-based Roguelike where knowing the intricacies of the ruleset helps out; it's the sort of game that demands polish. Basically, it sounds like the content is far beyond worn out for many of us :D

I'm all for being able to push cones around and climb onto lampposts normally...not with the aid of bugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

If you sanction a bug to be part of the normal gameplay, it's no longer a bug is it? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Volfram wrote:
walt_scrivens wrote:

I think everyone does. It's part of human curiosity.

More, I think it has to do with the nature of the player base being largely centered around exploration. Coupled with the drought of new things to explore...

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:29 am 

De Lurks for the first time in a long time

Karkadann wrote:
Chogon wrote:
Karkadann wrote:
Would it be considered out of place to inquire what code changes need to be made, and assume someone else in the community might be able to help.

It has less to do with something technical and more to do with, well, something else.

Thanks,
Chogon

OH I GET IT Chogon is leaving us with a puzzle to keep us busy while we wait.
OK so we have eliminated technical issues what other possibilities are their, not knowing much about web sites and virtual worlds im kinda stumped. Can any of you guys think of anything?

It's been sitting in the back of my mind for a while note that Chogon says the delay is due to "something else"

This was the code name for Cyan's secret future project does something to do with "something else" have to be removed from the URU source code and is this what the ex-employee has to do?

shorah Terrapin

Not the fastest but I have been following the Journey for a long time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 am 

Deledrius wrote:

Quote:
More, I think it has to do with the nature of the player base being largely centered around exploration. Coupled with the drought of new things to explore...

I believe this explains it and says it all best for me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:31 am 

I agree with Ed. Even though bugs were very fun, they were a sad sign of the lack of proper minigames or returnable (no other name, sorry :P ) content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 am 

Well, both spring and summer have passed us. I'm never gonna stop thinking of the day when I get to jump back into MOUL. I really hope Cyan can at least give us an update to what's going on on their side of things before the year ends. We all know Myst for iPhone is out already, so that shouldn't really be a time-taker on them unless they want to get about 98% of the bugs fixed. Then again there are very few employees at Cyan Worlds, so maybe if they are killing iPhone Myst's bugs, then it may take longer than expected.

Then again I also don't know the first thing about Programming :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:52 am 

In the Mysterium video Rand talks about the hold up. (last 30 min +/-) Cyan used plugins in the development software and in the runtime game. Those have to be removed as they are not Cyan made but licensed from 3rd parties.

I suspect that some just made some tasks faster during development. Others are likely code that gets embedded in the game. Knowing what those plugins do, why and how to work around them likely needs some explanation. Apparently there is one person that knows how to do that. I think it kinda explains the 'something else' too. However he did seem open to having others help with the work, thus Whilyam's posts for volunteer coders to help.

I found it interesting that Rand still would like Cyan to run the servers. But, he seemed clear that is dependent on circumstances.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next