It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Well, it's nice to check
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:44 am 

I'm happy to check in every now and again, until there is something to see.

I don't see that much point in endless discussion, but frankly I would have thought that thefolks at Cyan could have got some sort of open source stuff released by now, or at least enabled UU again.

Sno-Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:39 pm 

:roll: :roll:

I hope they get er done, before I link out of this life. Ha! Ha! (Now 74).

Would like to get back in the caverns with all my old friends.

KI 1450853

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 am 

Me too. Hope to see you there soon! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 pm 

With everything I have tried over the past year or more, looking at every possible situation trying my best to look at the situation from as many sides as their are I find you can not support one side with out apposing another. Cyan needs to stay afloat, the fans want Uru Live back, not enough room on the shards for everyone, some say its ok legally some don't

I feel I have wore out my welcome and probably wont be returning to the caverns, for me with everything I said I know it will never be the same. I wanted it back so badly somewhere along the line I just lost my mind. No excuses. no fishing for attention or responses. and for me it seems to more Uru live

I will always be a fan of the Myst series But I must admit its time I stopped trying to regain what I experience and enjoy the memories. I still have one more Bottle of Lake water left, Semper I think I will just seal it up and save it for nostalgia.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:17 pm 

Well, I have to join with those who are really feeling the pull back to the Great Cavern. Its just been too long. Is there any way to get some clearer picture of a timetable or expectations from someone at Cyan? It would be helpful.

Even though I have the single player URU stuff, I just can't bring myself to visit them all alone, remembering all the explorers I once knew. I miss the parties at Phil's Relto and the gab fests at the top of the great stairs. I miss rounding up explorers to finish an age. I miss finding something new and having a friend to share the adventure with. I miss running into a difficult puzzle and having a friend help me solve it.

I've been feeling a strange urge to drive to a desert in New Mexico to look for an Airstream trailer parked in the middle of nowhere by a hill and a cleft.

I keep opening old books hoping to find one with a panel that I might touch and be whisked away to someplace new and exciting.

Its time, I tell you, to return to the cavern once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:01 am 

There is a thread about how to get Cyan to tell us something...

I suggest a low fat Uru substitute.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:11 am 

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks to all the developers of the Mist games. I stumbled on the series when a friend bought me Riven for the Playstation. I emerged from my basement about a week later pale and weak from lack of sleep and food.... Just kidding. I really liked the game though. Since then I have played many of the games and loved them all. The same friend, years later, bought me Uru and I LOVED it until I got to that beautiful forest level and my computer would crash every time so I never finished it. My wife and I played that game together and when we heard about a multi-player version we were thrilled! I have lurked on the site from time to time hoping for a download-able client that we could play with no luck, but I know you guys are struggling. Believe me when I say that there are a lot of people out here who have your back and would love to see your product succeed! Keep up the good work and THANKS for what you do !!! -Dan and Jen

Oh yeah... I am going to New Mexico on vacation TOMORROW and I will be looking for that old trailer by the hillside the whole time I am down there... I know it is around somewhere... and someday I will find it again... :>)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 pm 

I can't wait for URU:OS, because I missed both incarnations of MOUL and UU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:40 pm 

qxcvr - just keep your car windows rolled down. you can smell that steak zandi's been cooking since 2003 for miles.

Post subject: timing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:51 pm 

when is the open source expected to start? i want to return to the cavern once more and need to know when ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 am 

A Ewok says she was given an Aztec calendar with the data and time circled by Rand. :shock: A Wookie translated for the Ewok and R2D2 translated for the Wookie and CPO3 translated for R2D2 so... But then we found Gehn's finger prints on the calendar and we are pretty sure the Ewok wouldn't recognize Rand... :? ...we aren't exactly sure of the date... :roll:

Sorry... I couldn't resist....

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject: Major Events
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:54 am 

I heard the planets in our solar system are aligning with the rest of the galaxy soon, maybe OS Uru will happen then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 am 

Ummmm, when I get my new sock monkey outfit?

Sock Monkey Kitty!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject: Re: Major Events
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: First trailer to the right, and straight down till morning.
Jahmen wrote:
I heard the planets in our solar system are aligning with the rest of the galaxy soon, maybe OS Uru will happen then?

I heard that the bunion on Rand's foot is predicting a high of 72 with snow likely and a 30 percent chance of Uru. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 am 

Dudemom_2000,

Loved the pic! Made me laugh! It was so cute!

greendragoon wrote:

Quote:
I heard that the bunion on Rand's foot is predicting a high of 72 with snow likely and a 30 percent chance of Uru.

Now that's what I call "Cautious Optimism"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next