It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: OSMO - Congruatluations
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:25 pm 

First.. Hello to you all.

I've been following Uru Live's progression on and off over the past few years. I bought the retail version of Uru Live, and I was one of the first few players to "Beta Test" the Online version. I loved it back then and I was really bummed to find out that in the long run it had a lot of kinks to work out in order to make happen. After a while, I saw that there was a release of the server files, I think this was Until Uru (though I recall seeing something called "Plasma"?), I don't really remember to be honest. I had a lot of fun running my own "shard" at the time, however it bothered me that what I was using would never be updated (there were some major glitches at the time).

Later on, I did eventually checkout the version of Uru Live that GameTap was hosting, and I was very thrilled to find out that there were some new content updates. However, the launcher and what not that came along side with the GameTap service bothered me (no offense to GameTap) so I ended up canceling my agreement with them. Also, while I know Myst Online does have a fan base, the servers that GameTap were running did feel kind of empty most of the time (and I still noticed older glitches that were never fixed).

With all that being said, I'm thrilled to see that Cyan has decided to release Myst Online as an open source project. I'm looking forward to playing through the existing content again, and expanding upon it with my own content and bug fixes. I mostly wanted to introduce myself to you all, and let you know I'm still lurking around the community. I personally believe open sourcing the project is the best route for the current community. It's such a good idea, I would hate to see it be tossed aside simply due to lack of funding around it.

Thank you Cyan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm 

Hi eggy and welcome back, i am glad you have rejoined. it will be a wonderful journey and an adventure worth waiting for.

Shorah and look forward to seeing you in the Cavern.

"We Build Worlds"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]